Get The Holte End Back

sasacurcic

I'm looking forward but believe the generations that missed out on the glory days can take aspects from The dark days of Div 3 (club down lower than ever but when the villa fans were renowned all over the land). Going forward but not forgetting what made the Holte Great. Almost The spirit of The Holte End coming back. Appreciate your views mate

thats the biggest problem with football atm. give a steward an orange coat and they're hitler.
Fixed. :(

That isn't fixed.

That's* Give* Hitler*

If you're going to be condescending, at least get it right.

I think you missed a trick there. He wasn't correcting grammar and punctuation.

Right side!!!

I don't think the youngsters give a **** about what old codgers like me say about the good old days on The Holte, to be honest.

They'd rather pretend to be "ultras" or some such bollocks.

I'd love to see the Holte End back to how it once was - but the cold, hard, bare facts are it will never happen. Its almost been like a case of divide and conquer - people all over the Holte who want to sing and make noise but are in small groups whereas years ago those small groups came together and made one large group - together we are strong.

Also I've got to say the repertoire of songs on the Holte End nowadays are absolutely shite - where has the imagination gone? go to any ground now and basically its the same songs but with their particular teams name inserted.

All the best in what you're trying sasa and I hope it works but I just doubt it will. Sorry for the pessimism.

One final note - don't look back at how it was look forward to how it can be - remember dinosaurs died out because they refused to adapt!

But surely worth trying though? Like you say, it's about looking forward.

IMO, the club has got to be behind this and drive it. If it's down to the fans bringing stuff to the game, it wont happen en-mass. Try getting a bag of bog roll through the turnstiles?

If the club handed everyone that game through the gates (or placed at the seats) a balloon, health and safety friendly confetti etc, then I think it could work well.

I've always thought it would look awesome if the whole Holte End stood for ninety minutes (I'm not old enough to remember the Holte being all terracing) but with killjoy stewards among other elements this is a long shot.

t is not all about the fans, it is also about the players to show passion for the fans. They have to show that they are with the fans all the way. At the Burton game, a friendly away, 2300 fans showed up. After the game, the players just apploud little from the middle line. Why not walk up to the fans?

I am Swedish and watch a lot of Swedish football. The players here shows much more passion for the fans then players in the PL. When you win you celebrate with the fans. You always walk around and apploud the fans, home and away.

The 12Th man most be one with the team. I always miss this when I visit VP. It is up to the team to make VP rock again If they show passion for the game and for the fans I am sure it will.

That wasn't his overall aim but he still felt the need to point it out.

WTF dude? I was just making a stupid joke to say that the stupid **** stewards ARE Hitler, rather than THINK they're Hitler. I wasn't being a smartarse about punctuation, but I wasn't going to repeat the lack of punctuation just to tippy toe around anyone's feelings either when I was basically reiterating his point. If it pleases you, next time I'll just avoid making feeble jokes altogether. And THEN where will we be? Eh? Eh?

If the club took away season tickets from say the upper tier and had it on a first come first served basis like you have at the cinema you would get the atmosphere back. They can't and won't do this for health and safety reasons obviously and the police wanting to know who is in which seat but if legislation changed that's where you would have a rocking Holte End. I am putting my faith in Brigada if it catches on there is no reason it can't have the desired effect. Anyone wanting 1000 claret and blue balloons for creating a vibrant Holte End pm me. I am North Stand Upper so it's a little harder to get anything going up there!!! Whatever happened to the safe standing idea??

The past post about its not all about the fans, im sorry but the point im making by getting this campaign running is The Holte End was renound all around europe for its support, vivid displays etc. We started the balloons, scarf, banners, streamers, toilet roll...... We were copied up and down the country, when was this? When we were in the 3rd division for the first time ever

While I applaud your attempts and even hope you succeed I can't help but feel it isn't the Holte End you are trying to get back but rather a gone age. It isn't the 70's or 80's any more, football has changed especially in this country and there seemingly isn't the appetite within the game, the authorities that run it, the clubs or even the fans particularly for that to change.

I wish you the best but I think you are fighting a battle you can't win without a time machine.

Early signs are good. I believe strongly if a seed is planted we will see Our Holte grow. This is about looking forward but not forgetting our roots, simple aspects like balloons, scarfs will be reminiscent of days gone by but not so were stuck in them. A modern day version, I don't think there is one villa fan who woudn't want to see the Holte in all its glory again. I really do believe this, we've everyone together, can be the start of The New Holte, were out kids and grandkids are telling there kids about the glory days of the all seater Holte End

Really? There was a time when it was only Villa doing the balloon thing then several teams ripped us off. Shame there aren't many photos about but watching the villa in the 70s n 80s normally meant taking a bag of 'em

I used to be a season ticket holder for the Holte from 1979 onwards & well it was awesome then up until the seating of course which kinda ruined it very quickly. These Health & safety nonces need a check up from the neck up as they have ruined the atmosphere at football... I was at the Burton game where it was primarily terracing & well the atmosphere from the Villa fans was better in my opinion than what i have witnessed at Villa Park for years.

When i went up against Swansea last season the Holte end really was the quietest & worst i have ever heard it...utterly like a library as the Swansea fans correctly pointed out.. Ok we played "McCleish" football but nonetheless it put me off going again all season.

So for me why not

1. Petition the club to re train the stewards to stop being such idiots & ruining the game on behalf of a few boring old cronies who don't like atmosphere.

2. Introduce the safe standing area & then try to expand it year on year as possible.

3. Ask the club to advertise the main sections of the Holte as only suitable for the more vocal fans... Basically push the library dwellers to the front & sides. Surely this must be possible?

4. Only issue season tickets for those area's on the premise that it will be the vocal part of the stand so if they don't like it buy elsewhere in the ground.

5. Have the Ultra's given the main area..i.e central upper Holte.. I guess as a members only area or something... For me get this area full of passionate fans & it will spread forwards & outwards.

Thats all i can think of at the mo but something needs to be done thats for sure... The whole buzz about going to Villa was because of the brilliant atmosphere of the Holte... Now thats gone it's kinda dull now.

Well I only started in 78/79 so was more an 80's Holte ender, the days of skinheads at the back and 18 hole DM's and Mohicans glue sniffing up the back. Then came stone washed jeans and donkey jackets by mid 80's

But the atmosphere around the whole ground was good 80 81 82

Even the trinity used to sing and stamp their feet

Â