General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General K, can you give us a small bit of inside info , something nobody has speculated about, something the papers havent thought of, something that will make us all go 'woah !!'

Can i also add my total and utter support for Randy , Yourself and all the new board, you really cant underestimate how much good you have done already.

I'm happy to do the 800 mile round trip to see a game , endure the 10 hours in a car to watch villa , knowing that my support isnt a total waste of time like it has been in recent years.

oh and please remember your thoughts on the uk armed forces ticket scheme ,, wink wink

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and er im sorry if this has been mentioned before, but with regards student ticketing prices, my only request is to get rid of the stupid rule which says only students under the age of 21, as I find that annoying in the extreme, if anything those students at the end of their courses are going to be in more debt than those who are just starting out. Im 21 now btw hence the concern as I would like to be purchasing my first season ticket next summer, but paying ad adult price despite being a student still would be very offputting :lol:

This is something that was looked at a few years back, basically because people were abusing the system. Signing up for a course that they never attended (just a night course at college or something) just so they could officially count as a student and get cheaper ticket prices even if they were in their 40s.

Maybe a compromise would be making it students under 25 or something? As far as I'm aware it's anyone under 21 at the moment not just students, I've never been asked for a student card (or even id recently for that matter).

I do know what you mean though Rodders, next time I attend a game I'll probably have to pay full price (might just squeeze one in before my 21st I don't know).

and er im sorry if this has been mentioned before, but with regards student ticketing prices, my only request is to get rid of the stupid rule which says only students under the age of 21, as I find that annoying in the extreme, if anything those students at the end of their courses are going to be in more debt than those who are just starting out. Im 21 now btw hence the concern as I would like to be purchasing my first season ticket next summer, but paying ad adult price despite being a student still would be very offputting :lol:

This is something that was looked at a few years back, basically because people were abusing the system. Signing up for a course that they never attended (just a night course at college or something) just so they could officially count as a student and get cheaper ticket prices even if they were in their 40s.

Maybe a compromise would be making it students under 25 or something? As far as I'm aware it's anyone under 21 at the moment not just students, I've never been asked for a student card (or even id recently for that matter).

I do know what you mean though Rodders, next time I attend a game I'll probably have to pay full price (might just squeeze one in before my 21st I don't know).

I agree on this one. Have recently bought my half-season ticket and its very annoying to have to pay adult prices while being a student. Really i can't afford it but its such a good time to be a Villa fan i find myself going to almost every home game anyway.

Also General you say you have made people aware of the situation with the plastic mancs sitting in our end at games such as against Manyoo. I hope this doesn't mean that you've just informed the head of stewarding or whatever, because there's no doubt they're aware of it, they just turn a blind eye and its shocking, it always ends up with Villa fans getting ejected for getting so wound up at them. So can you tell the stewards that if there are blatant manyoo fans in our end they should be ejected, no questions asked, they should not be there, simple as that, the standard of stewarding is appalling in some parts of the ground (though I'm aware of what a tough job it can be).

There is no reason why you can't give student discount to all students who provide proof that they are a full time student. Perhaps it could be done in a cash back way for those over 21 to avoid the previous problems encountered i.e. you pay adult season ticket then at the end of the season you get a letter from college or Uni saying "so and so has been a full time student for the last 12 months" or something similar and then you are reimbursed the difference between an adult and a student ticket.

Fortunately the Marines were so utterly shocked my brother probably got away with avoiding a good kicking as they were more concerned with wiping their mouths and shouting profanities etc.

I was on a session with US Marines in Cyprus and after several dozen too many, things got a little out of hand. Long story short, one Marine vs one Squaddie racing down the promenade sans clothing, with a long length of burning toilet roll sticking out of the only available holder. National pride at stake, neither man was quitting first and both got very singed, although the funniest part was definitely their pained expressions as they jumped into the sea to cool off!

Great guys and I wouldn't want anyone else on my flank. Semper Fi, Sir.

Celer et Audax.

Also General you say you have made people aware of the situation with the plastic mancs sitting in our end at games such as against Manyoo. I hope this doesn't mean that you've just informed the head of stewarding or whatever, because there's no doubt they're aware of it, they just turn a blind eye and its shocking, it always ends up with Villa fans getting ejected for getting so wound up at them. So can you tell the stewards that if there are blatant manyoo fans in our end they should be ejected, no questions asked, they should not be there, simple as that, the standard of stewarding is appalling in some parts of the ground (though I'm aware of what a tough job it can be).

All I can say on this is that I bought some tickets for some friends to come to the Chelsea game with me and they weren't selling them to anyone without booking history. I can only assume that the same sort of thing is being done for other games.

All I can say on this is that I bought some tickets for some friends to come to the Chelsea game with me and they weren't selling them to anyone without booking history. I can only assume that the same sort of thing is being done for other games.

That is true, even for my half season ticket which i purchased today they checked that i had a booking history.

General Krulak here:

1. Ticketing. The issue re. student pricing and tickets for individuals serving with the Forces are both being looked at very hard by the Club. The former is a bit more difficult than the latter. We ALL agree that student income is student income...whether you are in first year or last. The key is clear identification of what "makes up" a student. I know it is hard to believe but there are some people who will sign up for a course in basket weaving at the local pub and ask for a student discount. The Forces is a MUCH easier "fix" and I am sure we will be working that one soon.

2. Scoreboard and PA system. Both of these will be upgraded as we move forward. Randy has already noted the deficiencies and will be taking action.

3. New "scoop" yet to be released to anyone....wow! Can I count on each of you to keep a secret? My sense is that there will soon be a news release on the Holte Inn describing what we are doing there. My sense is that you will soon see pictures appearing, every other week, showing the progress at Bodymoor Heath. My sense is that, with the help of fans and the gathering of the Supporters Group and our "voting machine", we will soon have a song to come out on the pitch to.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

1. Ticketing. The issue re. student pricing and tickets for individuals serving with the Forces are both being looked at very hard by the Club. The former is a bit more difficult than the latter. We ALL agree that student income is student income...whether you are in first year or last. The key is clear identification of what "makes up" a student. I know it is hard to believe but there are some people who will sign up for a course in basket weaving at the local pub and ask for a student discount.

Good to know this is being looked into. I would have thought the easy and obvious way would be to give discounts to all full time students? As part time students will at least have some form of proper income from jobs (in most cases).

General Krulak here:

1. Ticketing. The issue re. student pricing and tickets for individuals serving with the Forces are both being looked at very hard by the Club. The former is a bit more difficult than the latter. We ALL agree that student income is student income...whether you are in first year or last. The key is clear identification of what "makes up" a student. I know it is hard to believe but there are some people who will sign up for a course in basket weaving at the local pub and ask for a student discount. The Forces is a MUCH easier "fix" and I am sure we will be working that one soon.

Do you not think my idea about student ticketing would solve the problem i.e. the cash back idea?

As an Irish Villan great news that package deals are being looked at. Like the previous poster said I would rather that my hard earned cash would go to the Villa or at least some of it.

Happy days!

General,

The way you pass on and also understand the points we raise is refreshing...

Congratulations to the team (youself, Mr lerner etc etc) for bringing the club upto speed and the majority of fans are under no illusions and do understand it will take time but i can assure you we are all behind you.

Up the villa.

General Krulak here:

1. The Forces is a MUCH easier "fix" and I am sure we will be working that one soon.

Honestly really if i could smile any more it would bloody hurt :D:D

We really must be becoming the envy of the league , with the amount of communication going on between the people that make decisions and the actual fans.

Apologise for language but its feckin great !!!!!!

I agree on this one. Have recently bought my half-season ticket and its very annoying to have to pay adult prices while being a student. Really i can't afford it but its such a good time to be a Villa fan i find myself going to almost every home game anyway.

Most of the games I attend are away games anyway when life is normal and I'm yet to come across a club up north that offers student discounts to away fans so I tend to pay over £30 a ticket anyway.

The problem with this is that over the last couple of years the plastic mancs have identified VP as a guaranteed away game. Many of them have been buying tickets from VP for the last 4/5 years (for only one game!) and so have a booking history.

I'm not sure if the booking system is intelligent enough to identify people who only book for the same game every year (see Liverpool also).

The only way to really solve this is to increase our own number of season ticket holders (easily said i know) so less tickets are available on the "open market".

In the short term an absolute no tolerance policy should be adopted imo. If a manc/scouser is identified in the home end they should be thrown out. Make them think twice about even trying to book again.

1. The Forces is a MUCH easier "fix" and I am sure we will be working that one soon.

Do ex-forces count?

I'm a Gulf War veteran! Wanna see my medals?

Hi mate, i reckon , seeing as the General is retired , he might just include veterans just like himself mate.

Its really nice to be recognised isnt it , makes it almost worthwhile. Now all we need is a big payrise , more leave , less commitment around the world and free whores !!!!

General Krulak here:

Gulf war veterans count...as do those who landed at Normandy! I think I may have mentioned that one of the stewards at Aston Villa actually landed on the beaches at Normandy as a young infantryman!!! Lots of history at our great Club.