General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

We don't just attend the "big" games....we were at Scunthorpe and enjoyed it as much as any. Obviously we are interested in the ManU game BUT more because of Ron Saunders than for anything else. We want to be there to honour him.

:clap: Hope to see you General, maybe a chance for that long awaited beer ;-)

Allan

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't just attend the "big" games....we were at Scunthorpe and enjoyed it as much as any. Obviously we are interested in the ManU game BUT more because of Ron Saunders than for anything else. We want to be there to honour him.

Sorry if I offended you. It was only meant as a joke considering a debate in another thread. I know you see all the games you can, no matter what the opposition is. Sorry. :oops:

Never a truer word said general, but over the season we will get what we deserve. I just hope that we can keep the momentum going until January.

Are yourself or Randy going to the Charlton game on the 30th? That is a really important game for us to win.

What do you make of the growing takeover talk at practically every club? Do you think some of the groups linked are just trying to get involved of the new TV deal? Was the growing amount of takeovers something that Randy and the board expected when you took over?

We will be at Charlton game...and you are so correct...a must win.

I don't think anyone could have anticipated the increase in takeover/takeover talks that are on-going. For Yanks, the new TV deal is not a big thing....certainly compared to the TV rights in the US. I am not sure what is driving most of this talk...but there is obviously an economic aspect to what we are seeing. I DO believe that there is a big difference between someone like Randy and some of the consortiums and other buyers....Randy has had this "dream" for years. Randy has a background in the UK...school, home, business. Randy is a sportsman and knows the sports business.

My Christmas list looks like most folks my age:

1. Health...for my family and extended family

2. Safety for the troops deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world

3. A continuing steady progress on the pitch for Aston Villa

4. A return of the Fans to Villa Park

Given time you will get your wish with no.4! Im sure you will see an upsurge in half season tickets before the deadline but with so many false dawns at the club some folk take slightly longer to be convinced.

General, you were one step ahead of me when I requested that we invite Ron Saunders back to the club, so I now have to think of another guest that you could have at VP. HRH Prince William is a Villa fan and while I have seen his brother at Arsenal I can't remember him attending a game at VP, even though his dad opened the Trinity. Surely this is something that would seperate us from the crowd annd give us the royal seal of approval.

Given time you will get your wish with no.4! Im sure you will see an upsurge in half season tickets before the deadline but with so many false dawns at the club some folk take slightly longer to be convinced.

General, you were one step ahead of me when I requested that we invite Ron Saunders back to the club, so I now have to think of another guest that you could have at VP. HRH Prince William is a Villa fan and while I have seen his brother at Arsenal I can't remember him attending a game at VP, even though his dad opened the Trinity. Surely this is something that would seperate us from the crowd annd give us the royal seal of approval.

I'll second that, have always thought HRH needs to get himself down the ground!

Claret is a very regal colour!

I have just purchased a half season ticket, shame i had to sit in North stand with my free ticket yesterday though, would have much preferred my season ticket seat in the Holte especially as the Holte was so empty!! Look forward to seeing you at the Man U game General, mines a lager if your buying!

Ginge...I need to know you are old enough to drink before I buy!!!

HRH...now that is one we need to work on.

Harry is a Villa fan................ and he's just had his passing out parade at Sandhurst.....

Get on the phone General! :D

[edit]

(Apparently it's not Harry it's William who's the Villa fan. :oops: )

[/edit]