General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Thanks very much,ron saunders is an icon,i think the the single most special man to grace villa park.

One fantastic quote he made was "would you like to bet against us",he made us feel special,once again thanks and yes he has to come on the pitch just before kick off.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea General, unfortunately I won't be there to see it but I'll be there in spirit! Hope he's well enough to make it as I know Dennis told him to come along to the "Rotterdam Revisited" night but he wasn't well enough to make it.

General Krulak here:

Regarding the discussion of half-time, prior to game, etc. We need to respect Mr. Saunders and his wishes. He may choose not to come out on the pitch but rather stand and be recognized in the box. We will do what he wants in this regard. The key, as everyone has indicated, is that this wonderful man is "coming home" and rightfully so!!

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

it is amazing the amount of respect you have for our heroes...

dont want to drag up old ground as we are all trying to move on, but wow...

what a difference...

i do feel that the big man upstairs is rewarding us these days, for our suffering in the past....

This is excellent news General. Every Villa fan has the utmost respect for Ron Saunders. It will be good to see him at Villa Park once again.

Let's hope he get's to witness the first of 3 wins this season against "the red devils" . Will he bring his boots ? MON is pretty good at persuading older centre forwards that they can play another game ;)

All joking aside, it is refreshing to see that the new management consistently walks the talk. The good news just keeps getting better. We have to decide what else we want for Christmas since it came early this year!

General,

Great news about Ron, I hope that he is well enough to attend and enjoy your generous hospitality. Having met Ron through an associate a few years ago there is no doubt that he will decide for himself as to whether to go on the pitch or not. But whatever his decision I will accept it and it is still great that he will be back after all these years.

I am glad that you 'experienced' and enjoyed Portsmouth, great to see our full allocation sold out and making lots of noise as usual.

Which brings me to my last request........ take the full allocation available for Man Utd away in the FA cup. When I heard the draw I was gutted, I fancied us this year for a bit of a run in the cup, 50 year anniversary, first final at the new Wembley (maybe?). Anyhow my attitude towards this game has changed. We are a new Villa and can go there and give them a proper game. And if we have circa 12000 fans there we can roar them to the right result, the usual 3000 normally outsing them anyway. My only worry is that the TV channels will move this game to a daft kick off time but if they dont, please take all the tickets we can and make sure you are there because it will be a cracker.

I think 15 is the maximum for half time and that is because of Sky! I shall refer to the rules of the game and get back to you, it is possible to turn straight around :)

From Law 7:

[*:2fada2bc2f] Players are entitled to an interval at half-time.
    [*:2fada2bc2f] The half-time interval must not exceed 15 minutes.
    [*:2fada2bc2f] Competition rules must state the duration of the half-time interval.
    [*:2fada2bc2f] The duration of the half-time interval may be altered only with the consent of the referee.

General, this is a fantastic move -- what a coup !

Seeing the legendary Ron Saunders again will be so special.

This proves that the new board are truly in touch with the core fanbase.

Lots to do -- but it seems Randy and the new board know what needs to be done and that it can't be done overnight..................

From Law 7:
  • [*:f91ca5435f] Players are entitled to an interval at half-time.
    [*:f91ca5435f] The half-time interval must not exceed 15 minutes.
    [*:f91ca5435f] Competition rules must state the duration of the half-time interval.
    [*:f91ca5435f] The duration of the half-time interval may be altered only with the consent of the referee.

Knew i must have been right! refereeing brings great knowledge!

:oops:

Oh well - it was a nice idea. I hope everyone stays to give him the reception he deserves then.

Now that I've quit my job I might see if I can get up to that one.

Whats meant by 'previous booking record'? How many games does it have to be?

General, I think I'm the only moderator not to have commented on what you're doing here...

Now seems like a good time.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

I think that sums it up nicely.

Thank you for treating this club with the respect its history deserves, you guys will be heroes to thousands if you even get close to your objectives. That is if you're not already, obviously...