General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. The HP tower is not in our plans...but it would make a good observation post.

2. Re. the architecture of Trinity Stand and the old Holte End. Please "stand by"...there will be work done, starting at Holte Pub and moving towards Holte End. You will like what is done...but it will take place over time.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Hello General...

I have two questions that have been bugging me for a while. To be honest I'm not expecting anything other than a diplomat response but it's worth a go.

Question 1: When Randy was looking to buy the club he had a meeting with Mr Ellis. It was reported at the time that Randy pulled out of the deal because Doug said something that upset him? Is there any truth in this?

Question 2: When us Villa fans thought that Randy had walked away because of the incident mentioned in question 1, a lot of us sent letters and emails to Randy via the Cleveland Browns and via the Cleveland local media. Did Randy ever get to see any of the many emails and letters that were sent to him?

I'm just curious really. Coz I'm nosy. :)

Merry Christmas by the way...

General Krulak here:

1. Both Randy and I will be at ManU game.

2. That story re. "walking away" is not accurate. Randy is a businessman...so is Doug Ellis. They put their cards on the table...looked at them....stepped away to think about what they were holding...came back and played the cards. There was no rancor and anger...just two businessmen conducting a transaction that required a good deal of thought.

3. Randy ABSOLUTELY was aware that Aston Villa fans were sending letters and e-mails....and he was most appreciative. He is a man with little ego...he does not seek publicity but believes that actions speak louder than words. The actions of the Villa Fans spoke loudly!!

3. Randy ABSOLUTELY was aware that Aston Villa fans were sending letters and e-mails....and he was most appreciative. He is a man with little ego...he does not seek publicity but believes that actions speak louder than words. The actions of the Villa Fans spoke loudly!!

I always wondered about that, glad they all got through to him one way or another :D

General Krulak here:

2. That story re. "walking away" is not accurate. Randy is a businessman...so is Doug Ellis. They put their cards on the table...looked at them....stepped away to think about what they were holding...came back and played the cards. There was no rancor and anger...just two businessmen conducting a transaction that required a good deal of thought.

Glad you and Randy will be joining us for Man Utd. I have a feeling we are all going to enjoy it!!

Seasons greetings.

C'mon you lions.

The Glory Of The Villa Lives On!

General, if your at the Man Utd game, take a walk in the lower holte before the game. I would love to shake your hand.

(plus could you push us to the front of the beer queue? :wink: )

seriously, i'l keep an eye peeled and would love to meet you!

Good afternoon General!

Will be going to Villa Park this afternoon as a season ticket holder for the first time, I always said I would purchase a season ticket when an individual departed as chairman.

Went to the Villa shop in Birmingham to book my ticket yesterday and was told that they didn't sell them there even though that was what I was told on the season ticket hotline on Wednesday. Luckily we were able to call the number from a mobile and we were told by the manager in the shop which seats were available.

I do think though that this is something that needs looking at in future what with so many people only being able to get to the city centre shop in the week.

Hope you can watch todays game on ESPN etc.

General,

Again you guys are proving your class, thanks again.

Don't know if it's been suggested on here already, but how about having on of those enormous flags made that could be passed across the fans in the lower holte as the players ran out. Could be looked after by some stewards possibly?

Just a thought.

Have a great Xmas, and a even better Jan :D

General Krulak here:

Oh, only watching the "big" games, are you? Gloryhunters. :wink:

On a more serious note this threads always lighten me up. I'm so sure that we've got the first prize this time and that we'll earn from it in time. Thank you general and Randy for existing. :cheers:

Randy normally does not sit in the front row of his box...he is normally either in row 2 or 3 near the aisle or sitting on a step in the aisle. With that in mind, I doubt if Mr. Glazer will join him in the aisle.

Roger on the Birmingham shop....we already know we have a great deal of work to be done there.

We don't just attend the "big" games....we were at Scunthorpe and enjoyed it as much as any. Obviously we are interested in the ManU game BUT more because of Ron Saunders than for anything else. We want to be there to honour him.