General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The General, which finished him with saying "Let me tell you this, Randy is here to win the European Cup. He wants to see those Villa players lift that beautiful silver up above their heads"

Thats all we need to know!

yep, remember for years we debated about ambition !!!

this is what we meant, as a club you have to aim for the very top that is true ambtion and it shows to fulfill this that randy is serious and knows what is required.

The SCG will meet up quarterly with the club. It will be made up of 15 participants, and once it has been stablised, different people will attend each meeting. However, there is consistency in who is invited. Each SCG will be made up of the following:

The basis of these meetings is not to represent individual need. It is being established for the benefit of AVFC.

People going to the SCG will need to arrive with questions/point ready - three each was mentioned - and everybody would ask their question in turn. These key questions are for the benefit of all. This would be then written down, and you will say which is the priority concern, least important concern, and the middle one. These meetings will not be where we get answers, it is to establish what are the concerns of the Villa fans from the community that you represent.

It was all really, really positive.

John

Thanks for posting this message - I had to re-read it to make sure that I hadn't made the whole thing up! This sounds like a fantastic venture. Given that the club have committed to this - I do think that we (the fans) need to ensure that we are prepared for the meetings. It sounds like there will be an agenda for each meeting - however, could I suggest that lines of communication are opened between the fan representatives attending each SCG. Obviously, we don't want one group trying to hog proceedings but it would be brilliant if we could ensure that everyone is asking different questions and ideally that the other reps know what issues people are raising so that they can back the priority issues and maybe have firm evidence from the group that they are representing that other fans support (or not) the request.

This is a fantastic opportunity for us all to help shape the future of this football club and it would be a shame if we didn't approach this in a 'professional' way.

Cheers

Ian

:cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray:

RANDY + MON + ASTON VILLA + THE GENERAL + THE FANS = EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS !! Thank You General, We Love the Message !

Thank You John Creswell and all the other Volunteers for dedicating your time and efforts to improve the fortunes of Aston Villa for all of us .

:hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::hooray::cheers::cheers::hooray:

General

I have noted with considerable interest the attention that Randy, yourself and the rest of the Board seem to be paying to the history and traditions of this great club (whilst obviously looking forward to writing a significant portion of its history over the coming seasons).

There have been some great suggestions about how to do this - statues have been mentioned (fabulous idea), a Villa Hall of Fame proposed (superb idea) and obviously there are other options in terms of naming of suites, facilities and parts of the ground after players.

However, one other possible suggestion is to pick up on something that Barcelona have done at the Nou Camp. There they have placed the names of every player to have represented the club up on the outside of the stand in big letters. When I went there a few years ago - my friends and I spent ages just walking round the stadium trying to find the names of some of the 'greats' - mainly Gary Linekar!

It has just struck me that this may be something that Villa could replicate. What better way to honour those men who have pulled on the famous claret and blue over the past 140 odd years - and what better way to introduce the history of our beloved club. I can just imagine wandering round Villa Park before kick-off with my daughter pointing up at the names and wittering on about what a legend Harry Hampton was, how I still get goosebumps replaying Peter Withe's goal against BM, the first time I saw David Platt play, how dodgy Paul McGrath's knees were but what a brilliant player he was and how many own goals Chris Price seemed to score :lol: . I think that it could become a real talking point for both Villa fans and the supporters of visiting teams (especially where there are players who have represented both teams).

Many thanks

Ian

what about the names built into the brickwork on the stairs leading up to the holte?

I'm just not sure that the names would be that easy to read - plus you might clutter up the stairway.

The advantage at Nou Camp was that you could actually read the names easily without being in everyone else's way.

And I'm pretty sure that Nou Camp is a tardis in that whilst it is much bigger on the inside, from the outside it isn't that much bigger than Villa Park (isn't most of it excavated and so below ground level?).

Don't know if you heard it General but there was an interview with Doug on Radio 5 tonight and he had glowing praise for you, talking about what you said to him that made him feel good about when you left the marines and you were like a fish out of water and that you knew how he must be feeling. So nice one, top bloke.

General Krulak here:

1. You all can't get rid of me that easy!!! I will continue to be on the site...because I think it is important to have this sort of communications.

2. This spring, in conjunction with our anniversary and the opening of the Holte Inn, we will have a reunion of all the Legends of Aston Villa. It will be a great day and will honor all the players who have made us who we are.

3. The idea of names on the wall is a good one and we will give that some thought. We have already been thinking about a long walkway, made of bricks, that would have the names of our players inscribed upon them. We would also have a large area dedicated to the fans....where the fans, for a small amount of money, could purchase their own brick...in their name, their families name, etc...and that brick would become a permanent part of Villa Park. This is done in the US at many famous locations...as an example, the Marine Corps Museum. Families can go there and point to a nicely carved brick that has their father's name on it. Very sharp...and a great memory.

4. Randy, me and another Director went to the Portsmouth game (we were at ManCity too). What a battle...back and forth...no giving up...HUGE effort by both sides. Our lads came back with gusto at the end and equalized the game in the last few minutes. They NEVER gave up. Our fans were great!! Portsmouth had two drums and some trumpets in their end...made a massive noise and were very fired up BUT...the Villa Fans stayed right with them even though outnumbered. It was a great effort by our Fans!!!

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General Krulak here:

1. You all can't get rid of me that easy!!! I will continue to be on the site...because I think it is important to have this sort of communications.

2. This spring, in conjunction with our anniversary and the opening of the Holte Inn, we will have a reunion of all the Legends of Aston Villa. It will be a great day and will honor all the players who have made us who we are.

3. The idea of names on the wall is a good one and we will give that some thought. We have already been thinking about a long walkway, made of bricks, that would have the names of our players inscribed upon them. We would also have a large area dedicated to the fans....where the fans, for a small amount of money, could purchase their own brick...in their name, their families name, etc...and that brick would become a permanent part of Villa Park. This is done in the US at many famous locations...as an example, the Marine Corps Museum. Families can go there and point to a nicely carved brick that has their father's name on it. Very sharp...and a great memory.

4. Randy, me and another Director went to the Portsmouth game (we were at ManCity too). What a battle...back and forth...no giving up...HUGE effort by both sides. Our lads came back with gusto at the end and equalized the game in the last few minutes. They NEVER gave up. Our fans were great!! Portsmouth had two drums and some trumpets in their end...made a massive noise and were very fired up BUT...the Villa Fans stayed right with them even though outnumbered. It was a great effort by our Fans!!!

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Hi General

Nice to hear from you again! Great news about the Holte pub - can you give us anymore details?

Was also at Portsmouth - it was a great day - you should have come over to see us all!

Mike

Great to see you are still with us General!

Like the idea of the reunion of the Villa greats, one individual that we should move heaven and earth to bring back is Mr Ron Saunders. His apearance on the pitch would surely be the biggest ovasion of the afternoon and itwould be a way for the fans to thank him for what he did for us as we never really had the chance when he quit.

Great to see you are still with us General!

Like the idea of the reunion of the Villa greats, one individual that we should move heaven and earth to bring back is Mr Ron Saunders. His apearance on the pitch would surely be the biggest ovasion of the afternoon and itwould be a way for the fans to thank him for what he did for us as we never really had the chance when he quit.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

General

The club should make every attempt to get Ron Saunders back to Villa Park and honour him accordingly!