General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

If I may make a suggestion regarding the student issue.

I'm gainfully (fully) employed, and until June '06 was a part-time student. This entitled me to various student perks (most of which I forgot to take). Most student documentation shows whether a person is a full-time student (indicating they may not have a regular income), or part-time (i.e. more likely to have a day job).

Therefore, if the club's policy was only to give concessions to full-time students, regardless of age - perhaps this would be fairer?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

Gulf war veterans count...as do those who landed at Normandy! I think I may have mentioned that one of the stewards at Aston Villa actually landed on the beaches at Normandy as a young infantryman!!! Lots of history at our great Club.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

I'm about to write something very stupid....here goes....

I did a stint in the armed forces. Nothing of note, no one shot at me, I never shot at anyone. I just mended aircraft for 9 years and had equal measures of "wahey", "God I'm bored" "why is that [censored] shouting at me" and "strewth I'm knackered".

[start stupidity] I don't want a discount for it. It'd feel wrong.[end stupidity].

It was a bit more than a job, a lot more, but the reward was there at the time, and still is to an extent. You learn a lot about life and learn a lot about what the right and wrong ways to treat people (there are/were equal measures of both, IMO, to see)

I'm not saying the idea is wrong, just that, well, culturally for me at least, I think there's a difference betwen the US attitude to serving and retired members of the forces and the UK one. Maybe the US attitude is better. It perhaps is. Or maybe it's just me.

serving personnel - yeah - go for it. Pensioned ex-forces - likewise, but folk like me. Not so sure at all.

General Krulak here:

Gulf war veterans count...as do those who landed at Normandy! I think I may have mentioned that one of the stewards at Aston Villa actually landed on the beaches at Normandy as a young infantryman!!! Lots of history at our great Club.

I'm about to write something very stupid....here goes....

I did a stint in the armed forces. Nothing of note, no one shot at me, I never shot at anyone. I just mended aircraft for 9 years and had equal measures of "wahey", "God I'm bored" "why is that [censored] shouting at me" and "strewth I'm knackered".

[start stupidity] I don't want a discount for it. It'd feel wrong.[end stupidity].

It was a bit more than a job, a lot more, but the reward was there at the time, and still is to an extent. You learn a lot about life and learn a lot about what the right and wrong ways to treat people (there are/were equal measures of both, IMO, to see)

I'm not saying the idea is wrong, just that, well, culturally for me at least, I think there's a difference betwen the US attitude to serving and retired members of the forces and the UK one. Maybe the US attitude is better. It perhaps is. Or maybe it's just me.

serving personnel - yeah - go for it. Pensioned ex-forces - likewise, but folk like me. Not so sure at all.

Good point Blandy, needs to be taken in to consideration.

Out of interest, do you not want a discount because you weren't on the from line so to speak?

General,

As a Villa supporter could you and Randy have a word with your people at MBNA and get them to write off my bill?

Seriously, wonderful news about getting the original Messiah in Ron Saunders at the club for the Man U game. After being so frustrated at a board that was so RE-active it's simply so good and breath of fresh air to see people running our club that is PRO-active. Hope your thanksgiving was good and that christmas is just as good.

Stewie

General Krulak here:

We will get the ticket situation as "right" as we can get it. There is no desire to "screw" the fans and we won't do that.

Can't ask for any more than that. As it is I think we have one of the best ticket policies in the league, but it could do with some tweaking.

Cheers again General.

Out of interest, do you not want a discount because you weren't on the front line so to speak?

It's going OT, but no, not that beasley.

I was in the royal air force - clearly the most intelligent of the services - in the Army, the Men go to war and the officers stay behind. In the Navy they all go to war in a boat, but in the RAF the officers go to war and the Men stay back at base :)*

Anyway, it's because, er, I guess there has to be a line somewhere, and I just see pensioner ex-servicemen and women and people who are currently serving on the other side of that line to people like myself, who are neither of those. Where do you draw the line - firemen, policemen nurses, doctors, ambulance drivers, councillors, politicians (Gah!) etc. - I know they're not military, but they still serve us lot one way or another.

* I know it's not strictly true, but for comedic effect...

Out of interest, do you not want a discount because you weren't on the front line so to speak?

It's going OT, but no, not that beasley.

I was in the royal air force - clearly the most intelligent of the services - in the Army, the Men go to war and the officers stay behind. In the Navy they all go to war in a boat, but in the RAF the officers go to war and the Men stay back at base :)*

Anyway, it's because, er, I guess there has to be a line somewhere, and I just see pensioner ex-servicemen and women and people who are currently serving on the other side of that line to people like myself, who are neither of those. Where do you draw the line - firemen, policemen nurses, doctors, ambulance drivers, councillors, politicians (Gah!) etc. - I know they're not military, but they still serve us lot one way or another.

* I know it's not strictly true, but for comedic effect...

I thought that was what you were getting at Blandy, and I think you're right.

Paddy, you are a hard man!!! Give us a couple of days with family...remember the Christmas season...grandchildren...we WILL be there in a week.

Hopefully back in January for a busy month ;)

Have a happy Christmas General :)