General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Season Ticket sales are very close to 25,000...we should hit that mark which would be a great accomplishment. My sense is that we will get between 35-37000 for Fulham Game. Chelsea will be a sell out.

2. Juan Roman Riquelme: I really don't think I should be giving "hints" to MON. My concern is that such action can be looked at as a Board Member trying to micromanage the Manager. As I indicated, MON does have a good scouting staff and Juan Roman is probably already on their "radar screen." Re. Scouting: I have mentioned that I really am not aware of how other clubs are set up in that area...I am sure MON has looked at them all. I do know that he, personally, spent time in Europe.

3. Nike is quickly getting kit to us...and to stores across the Country and in Ireland. I have received notes from fans who are pleased to see the kit in many new stores where we have never had a presence. The full range of leisure wear will also start coming out in numbers.

4. Not sure what you mean by a "feeder club"...as an "official" affiliation. Obviously we have many affiliations and many teams who provide us insight into their players.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

Cheers for ticket info - thats the perfect number for me (speaking selfishly)

Mean a) we are guarenteed big attendances on all games

b0 (and more important for me) - I'll be going to Wembley (and I'm convinced we will !)

Are you / randy going to Wrexham - you can't be aglory hunter you knwo - no Wrexham - No wembley !!!

Hi General,

Feeder clubs are clubs with whom there is an agreement that we give them players

and they play as part of the teams first team squad. The feeder club gain a good player for no wages

in return the host club gets good experience and development of their player and usually

first choice on the purchase of any potential stars in the feeder clubs books.

It can be a pretty good deal and i was led to believe we have such a deal with Walsall already?

Hope that helps

flash

Hi General,

First of all must say its great you being on this forum and I personally thank you for your time. I was wondering if there are any plans set afoot to revamp our website? Just been on our website which I visit daily and notice that under previous games we still have the old Villa crest. It would be great if we could get a site similar to Arsenal or Man Utd. We are a big club and need to gain greater exposure and presence.

Gen. K has already answered this question. Yes. new site up in september. Blandy

Also any chance of having it when logging into the online ticket booking system you can view your booking history. I gather my booking history has been wiped from last season (9 tickets :o ). For us non season ticket holders we need history to guarantee tickets. Thanks General

general do you how I'd go about getting a half time birthday request on the tannoy?

I did it for my girlfriend at the Liverpool game- ring the main reception number. They told me they couldn't promise it but they'd do their best- sure enough it happened.

General,

I went to wembley yesterday (what a disgrace) apart from barry obviously, who didn't put a foot wrong when he was called upon. Well anyway my point is i went to Niketown on oxford street to make sure our kit was available to londoners and the many tourist in the store. I'm happy to say it was and was very well located in the store with a nice display to. I even saw someone buy a shirt! I was also amazed to see that on the street stalls on oxford street they were selling villa scarfs! Something i haven't seen in the past. With all the huge clubs in the capital i think it's great we're represented.

General Krulak here:

1. LJRM050389: AVFC433 gave a pretty good answer on this one. Obviously there are no "cetainties" on something like this but we try. If you could give me the name and the game, I might be able to help.

2. MOGGY: Please call Nicky Keye and see if she can help.

3. I will try to get a picture of Villa "lit up" and post it on the web site.

4. Nike gear in stores: We've had people give Richard Fitzgerald a hard time for a comment he made but....we also need to give positive feedback too. Richard is the man with the remit to extend our Brand world-wide. He has been working very hard to achieve this. The Nike deal was his. The simple fact that our kit is in London stores...that you can go to a street corner at Picadilly and find a Villa Scarf is a small indication of how far we have come. When we couple our marketing with consistent wins on the Pitch, we will be in great shape.

General Krulak here:

1. LJRM050389: AVFC433 gave a pretty good answer on this one. Obviously there are no "cetainties" on something like this but we try. If you could give me the name and the game, I might be able to help.

Cheers General I will get in touch with you closer to the time, as bad as this sounds I dont know when my GFs birthday is (Im working on it), I just know its in September and before we both go off to University. :oops:

General, if you are looking for Bin Laden you should try the Birmingham City trophy room...nobody has ever been in there so it has to be a good place for him to hide!

UTV SOTC

General, don't bother looking there, the SAS have already been there and all they found were Bin Liners...

p.s. Do you know why it's always cold at St Andrews ???

cos they,re always in the shadow of Aston Villa

General, or anyone else who might know...

How do I go about arranging my son being mascot?

Is there a minimum age?

Any info would be great!

VB

Unless the mascot rules have changed, there are 2 ways:-

1) Mascot day packages are available to purchase in advance. I'm not sure of the price (not cheap!), but I remember a report a few years ago that compared prices between clubs. Villa were amonst the cheapest whilst blose were criticised as a rip-off.

2) A random draw from the Junior Villains Club. Children can join this for a small annual membership fee or get free membership with their season ticket. Whilst this is 'luck of the draw', I think it is great that a child who's family might not be able to afford a package will get a chance to be a mascot.

My son, who has had a season ticket for 4 years, is 10 on Saturday. It is the first time his birthday has fallen on a home matchday. The General told me to ring the club as I wondered if something could be organised for him. I was hoping for something like a PA announcemnt at half time. The club rang me back, exactly as promised, and have arranged something for him on Saturday. I won't go in to details until after the event, but it sounds great. General, Lee's proposal for my son, wife and I will be a wonderful surprise for my lad and is far more than I hoped for. I hope to post the details and my gratitude to all concerned next week.

It was nice to read earlier on that Doug Ellis is ok, I think even though we all wanted rid of him we all respect what he did do in making the club what it is today.

1. General do you still come to some of the Villa games? I know Randy comes to a fair few which is super, I remember you sitting alongside him in the Scunthorpe Cup match but just wondering how much you come to see us, do you actually like 'soccer' as you guys call it :D

2. Villa World, I was just wondering, cause I know he really likes to stay in the shadows and fair play, but it would be great to have maybe one proper interview with Randy Lerner, I know he likes to avoid spotlight but at the end of it he's bought this club and put loads of money into players, get him behind a camera and let him tell us how it's all feeling on his end, it won't (as he maybe thinks) look like him trying to be in the spotlight, but will show him to be the down to earth guy he's seemed so far. I remember you podcast, was good!

3. What is the situation with MON's contract, I know he said paper isn't important too him etc, but I remember he was on a one year rolling deal then there were rumours of a 6 year deal? Did he ever sign an extension or is he just around on the basis that him and Randy have a good understanding? Man Utd fans seem to reckon he's theirs when Fergie steps down, but i'd prefer him to be in it for the LONG LONG haul.

4. Get Martin O'Neill to do the head turning thing that we have on our screens when the players line-ups are announced, i'd love to see his crazy little head turning lol.

5. Does anyone in America even know who Aston Villa are yet, I was in New York a year ago when Randy Lerner bought Villa, and I thought i'd return the favour and buy a cleveland browns shirt, and the man in their sports shop knew Randy Lerner but couldn't believe he'd bought a 'soccer' club, and certainly didn't know who we were? I notice we do have quite a little understanding now of Cleveland Browns, but do any of them in short, give a shit about The Villa? Just interesting to know cause I know of all the markets to crack, it's your homeland thats toughest with this sport.

Thanks a lot, and thanks for what you and Randy are doing--Tell him from me to do an interview :)

1) Mascot day packages are available to purchase in advance. I'm not sure of the price (not cheap!), but I remember a report a few years ago that compared prices between clubs. Villa were amonst the cheapest whilst blose were criticised as a rip-off.

It`s £225 this season (again one of the cheapest). That includes your child coming out with the team, plus one adult. Full tour (including dressing rooms). Meeting and autographs of past players, sometimes a current player - warm up on the pitch - and then watch the match from a North Stand Box.

Business Villa will be able to let you know what matches are still available for the rest of the season.

5. Does anyone in America even know who Aston Villa are yet, I was in New York a year ago when Randy Lerner bought Villa, and I thought i'd return the favour and buy a cleveland browns shirt, and the man in their sports shop knew Randy Lerner but couldn't believe he'd bought a 'soccer' club, and certainly didn't know who we were? I notice we do have quite a little understanding now of Cleveland Browns, but do any of them in short, give a shit about The Villa? Just interesting to know cause I know of all the markets to crack, it's your homeland thats toughest with this sport.

Thanks a lot, and thanks for what you and Randy are doing--Tell him from me to do an interview :)

I went into a sports store in Vegas looking for a Browns jersey or cap for my son. The guy in there said the Browns weren't that popular down there and they didn't really have anything. He seem surprised that an English guy was asking for Browns gear so I explained that Randy had bought my 'soccer' team in England. He said 'oh yeah Aston Villa', I was chuffed and left the store with a big silly grin!

It`s £225 this season (again one of the cheapest). That includes your child coming out with the team, plus one adult. Full tour (including dressing rooms). Meeting and autographs of past players, sometimes a current player - warm up on the pitch - and then watch the match from a North Stand Box.

Business Villa will be able to let you know what matches are still available for the rest of the season.

£225 is slightly cheaper than I thought and although still not 'cheap' it certainly seems good value for what you get. I remember from the report that some clubs charge way over £500.

General, I needed to do a bit of seat swapping along the same row with my 3 season tickets and a fellow season ticket holder. We went to the ticket office 30 minutes before the Liverpool game. Mark informed us that he didn't want to print our new cards right before the game as they might not work. As the seat shuffle was not that simple, Mark wrote down our requirements and promised to ring me by the following Tuesday to confirm the changes had been made. I had a very polite phone call from Mark on the Monday and received the new cards, first class, on the Tuesday. No mistakes, no hassle, no admin charge, just great service. People are quick to point fault in every walk of life so I believe praise, where it is due, is important. I know you help out in the ticket office when you can, so could you thank Mark for his great service?

General Krulak here:

1. LSRM050389: You don't know your GF's Birthday??? You have more problems than you know my friend!!!! Better find out by "stealth"...do NOT ask her.

2. Brommy: I am glad that things worked out for your family and with regards to ticket switch. We really do have some good folks working at Villa Park...and many work for Nicky Keye in the Ticket Office. At the same time, we have good people all over the Park.

3. AVFC: a) I come to almost every game. The reason you probably don't see me in the Director's Box is because I spend a great deal of time walking around the stadium. I always try to visit the disabled fan sections, the Holte Suite, the Holte Hotel (now) and the four stands. That keeps me out of the box an awful lot. When I am in the box I am normally sitting on the step next to Randy. B) I am sure we will eventually get Randy on Villa World but....it will be on his timing. He just is NOT a man who goes for that type of thing. c) I really cannot and should not talk about MON's contract. Suffice it to say that he and Randy are "in synch" regarding his staying at Villa. d) Yes, people in the US are beginning to know who Villa are...Nike is helping out bigtime in that area.

General,

Do you think all football fans are crazy?! Do we seem totally hysterical to you or are (American) Football, Basketball, Hockey etc fans just the same? Cos i read some of the stuff on here and its a bit embarrassing at times...

Secondly, would you like your own song? I'm sure we could come up with something...!!

Keep up the good work, UTV

General ,

Have put the two new banners up with the help of Craig Simmonds from Villa business Team and the one in the North Stand is 180 feet long almost the length of the stand looks blinding , hope others think the same .

The new one in the Holte bit more modest just 60 feet the biggest problem with this is the gusts of wind and could do with your help on this . Could you make sure like the other one in the Holte it needs to be tied from underneath by your maintenance , help would be appreciated.

Regards

MM