General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, just so you know i believe in what randy, you, MON and everyone else involved is trying to achieve for our illustrious club, i havent met you but i already have a great deal of respect for you......keep doing what ur doing.....no matter what a couple of moaning fans say.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, I have been to Norway. I did artic training there twice plus visited Norway 3 times as Commandant.

2. Banners. There is no question, they are impressive. As you know, we are making at least one HUGE banner. We just need to ensure that they do not obstruct viewing, etc.

3. We hope to see a sell-out for the game.

General Krulak here:

6. We are already working on the preliminary drawings for the North Stand and North end of Villa Park. My sense is that we are 3 years away.

Great news this General, its something that is of great interest to me personally and I'm sure many other Villa fans will be eager to see what comes of it.

I know I am not a professional in the design field, but may I suggest the possibility of having underground drive-in facilities for team coaches and player vehicles etc. This will also aid access to the new stand and external conourse area.

Any possibility of a themed area in the corner or something similar to what they have in baseball? Or is it purely to get as many seats as possible?

1. Yes, I have been to Norway. I did artic training there twice plus visited Norway 3 times as Commandant.

I knew it! We have to teach you everything about winter warfare :mrgreen:

Have to say. Beeing on exercises and watching you Americans and British freeze your nuts off is **** funny.

Have to say. Beeing on exercises and watching you Americans and British freeze your nuts off is **** funny.

I have to say, thinking of you lot in Norway paying extortionate amounts of money for your alcohol is hilarious :lol:

I have to say, thinking of you lot in Norway paying extortionate amounts of money for your alcohol is **** hilarious :lol:

But then again, we make quite enough money to pay for it too :winkold:

General, have you ever considered putting on a pair of boots and join the lads in training? I bet you'd make a mean centre half, half Roberto Ayala half Neil Ruddock.

General, have you ever considered putting on a pair of boots and join the lads in training? I bet you'd make a mean centre half, half Roberto Ayala half Neil Ruddock.

I have met the great man twice (yet to have the chance to buy him a beer though), and despite his tough training and extraordinary military experience, I think the General would agree that his stature is more suited to being a wizard on the wing than a centre half. He is still just taller than me though!!! :lol:

General,

My son's 10th birthday was his best birthday ever. I will save the exact details for the memories of my son, my wife and myself, but I wish to pass our sincere thanks to the staff of Aston Villa Football Club for making our day so special.

My fellow VillaTalkers,

I personally cannot understand the negativity expressed by a significant minority that post on this site regarding this summer’s transfer activity to date. We can only guess that by buying Mr. Superstar X and Mr. Fancypants Y, it would increase our chance of success this season. Since none of us can accurately gaze in to the future and none of us have time machines to take a peek at our clubs status next May, or the successive Mays within the Board's stated five year plan, why don't we all let MON do HIS job? Last season was a decent, some may say significant, improvement over the previous season. None of us know that this season won't show the same or greater improvement towards our jointly held goals. Let us all wait and see. In the meantime we could start enjoying watching the beautiful game again.

The threads, on this and other Villa forums, questioning whether the current owner is proving to be any different from the previous owners are laughable. We all want a Villa victory in every game Villa play but the vast improvements in the infrastructure and general 'behind the scenes' issues are NOT to the detriment of the teams results. In fact, the infrastructure improvements will hopefully improve our results in the medium and long terms. With regard to the 'behind the scenes' issues, during my son's special day, we spoke to spoke to several members of the match day staff. All but one appeared very happy in their duties. I made a point of asking the guy who appeared 'neutral', although professional, in his attitude, 'So is it really any different working for the new Board than the previous? His immediate reaction said it all. "Yes. Definitely. YES!"

Our beloved Aston Villa Football Club has had several opportunities over the years to 'give something back' to myself as a season ticket holder of twenty years, my wife as a season ticket holder of fifteen years and my young son as a season ticket holder of four years. These included our wedding and 30th birthdays, all of which the club was made aware of. The club failed to raise an acknowledgement on each occasion. Never mind, I thought, our love for Villa was obviously a one way street. For the first time in my twenty plus years of attended support, I genuinely believe the club does care.

Finally, my only disappointment during my family’s special day at Villa Park on Saturday 25th August 2007 was after the three of us were introduced to Doug Ellis. After shaking hands and exchanging a few words regarding my son’s availability to play for Aston Villa, we said goodbye. I failed to thank him for handing over to someone who genuinely cares about our club and has the business brain to help us succeed. Intentional or unintentional, I think it’s the best thing Doug Ellis could have possibly done.

I don't want to delete this part of the post, but it shouldn't be in this thread - as you say it is not for the General, but for everyone but the General. Feel free to post it elsewhere. I'll leave it here for now, but it would be better posted in another thread where people can reply to it without clogging up this Q&A thread. Blandy

General,

With the speculation about our new signing in a drugs bust, what is the clubs stance on this, and if true where do the club go from here? What is the clubs stance on drugs, I would hope it's zero tolerance as players are role models to kids

Cheers

Nick

General,

With the speculation about our new signing in a drugs bust, what is the clubs stance on this, and if true where do the club go from here? What is the clubs stance on drugs, I would hope it's zero tolerance as players are role models to kids

Cheers

Nick

To follow up this point - is there anything in place to "profile" potential signings in an attempt to screen out potential bad apples and the bad publicity they would cause.

I heard that a high ranking CIA operative was employed by the Browns in a similar capacity, is that true???

Hi General,

It is being reported that Villa fans will have to pay £45 to watch the game at St Andrews this season following on from the trend of previous years. Can I just ask will we in return charge them the same amount when they visit Villa Park as I believe in previous years we have charged them far less.

it's against Prem League rules for Villa to do so, unless home fans are charged the same. Blandy

Hi General

Just out of interest do you read other threads on these sites or do you just cut through to your own questions thread?

As ever, thank you, thank you, thank you and I am very sorry for the amount of numpties who post stupid comments

Up the Villa!

General Krulak here:

1. Michaelson: At my size and age, I will be lucky to play the ball itself...kicked around by all!!

2. Brommy: Glad the day went so well. I do believe that the vast majority of our people love the Villa and love working for the Villa. I am going to share your post with Randy.

3. Coming from the NFL where we have a zero tolerance on drugs policy, Randy is not easy on drugs. We do background checks on players...not always able to get everything from those checks. Same issue in NFL...indepth checks that don't always disclose everything.

4. Although I sometimes read specific threads on this site, I normally just work this particular thread. As most of you know, I try to post at least once a day on 4 sites...that normally turns into twice a day. You can imagine what would happen if I read all threads...I would spend 1/2 my day on the computer. Mrs. "K" would kill me.

6. We are already working on the preliminary drawings for the North Stand and North end of Villa Park. My sense is that we are 3 years away.

Hi General

I think this would be a great opportunity to include more wheelchair spaces in the new design (minimum of at least another 50 spaces). As a wheelchair user I am unable to attend every match of my choice because of the limited wheelchair spaces at Villa Park. People at the ticket office tell me that there is considerable demand for disabled fans wanting to attend but unfortunately they have to turn people away.

Can you please confirm whether or not the new design will include additional wheelchair spaces? I am more than happy to provide an input into the re-design of the North Stand.

Many thanks.

Stargazer