General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

Can anything be done about the official Villa messageboard/forum? Its terribly moderated. Most of the posts are really silly, its a complete waste of space at the moment and an embarrasement to the Villa really. (and this was before it got attacked today by idiots before anyone says anything).

Jay

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. jp: I read your post carefully, as asked, but must say that it truly misses the mark. The day that Randy and the Board start dictating to the manager the players to pick and the timing to pick them is the day we start to crash and burn. No Manager worth his salt would put up with such garbage and the ability to bring in a quality Manager while we have the reputation of "micro-management" would be nil. The idea that the Club was putting out news releases on player signing to boost ticket sales is absolutely ridiculous and, to be honest, insulting. It questions the integrity of people who absolutely do not deserve to have their integrity question. Do you honestly think that Randy Lerner or General Krulak would risk their hard-earned reputation to gain a few thousand new season ticket holders?? You obviously do not know us. Most people understand that the press itself makes news....they capture a sound-bite and turn that into a story. MON is constantly bombarded by questions re. signings....and tries to answer the questions...which, in turn, makes headlines. Bottom Line: jp, I know you are frustrated and angry but to try and lay the blame on some nefarious scheme cooked up at Villa Park is absolutely specious and beyond my comprehension.

Well said, General. Rest assured that 99% of us are right behind you all the way.

Seeing you come on here and answer our questions day after day made think, do you ever have time to take a holiday? Lord knows you've deserved one :)

Hi General,

Can you bug MONs office for me please so I can listen, probably just bug his mobile phone to be honest will be enough. Thanks in advance. :)

I promise I wont tell anybody outside this board what I hear.

Nick

Thank you for that response general, i always look forward to reading this thread with interest and i worry that because of the few doubters you might just give up and not post here anymore when most people are right behind you...you're doing a great job with the club :thumb:

Thank you for that response general, i always look forward to reading this thread with interest and i worry that because of the few doubters you might just give up and not post here anymore when most people are right behind you...you're doing a great job with the club

Agreed. I've had my moans, like many others, but I only want what's best for the Villa and have never, ever doubted the club's integrity

General Krulak here:

Do you honestly think that Randy Lerner or General Krulak would risk their hard-earned reputation to gain a few thousand new season ticket holders??

Strange refering to yourself in the third person viewpoint particularly in that context. I'll write a letter to you at VP because I'm not convinced about the authenticity of this.

The moderators of this site confirm that the General is General Krulak.

Please keep this thread for questions, comments and info to and from the general. Thanks, Blandy

(edit: I was only confirming it was the General and is probably not the "done thing" to question his integrity and insult the man...might not look that way with the mod edit :lol:)

General

Any movement towards an answer to my question re away fans in home areas?

Sorry to be a nag, but I'm supposed to be taking my nephew to the Man United game, and his mother is unsurprisingly concerned that he's going to be in the vicinity of swearing, jostling and fighting if our stewards let away fans sit where they want.

chefdoc2000 says you are all mad, well done General on all your good work.

I may not be on for awhile because Hurricane Dean is about to hit us here in Cayman tomorrow so we will be without electricity for probably for 4 or 5 weeks, so no villa games for me, hopefully with I get back Villa will be top or up there.

Cheers

General, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously but there was another problem at last weeks game, smoking in the toilets.

I took my son into a toilet in the Holte upper about 5 mins before half time and it was full of smokers. As I'm sure you can imagine, the smoke in there was dense and disgusting, a lot worse than last year on the concourses.

Are you (the club) aware of this problem? What action are you taking to prevent the law being broken in the future?

I hope you didn't miss this General amongst all the other BS. Btw does Randy call you Chuck?

PopeJosh believes that Corscombe_Villa doesn't understand the concept of lingual connotations and should go back to school and re-do English Lit + Lang!!!! :lol:

And General, i know that you have said that the question about free shirt printing for season ticket holders has been answered before but i cannot seem to find it, could you please tell me what is the stance on this, or anyone else?

Gen.

a) quickly, just to say well done for putting Corscombe in his place. We are all frustrated at the moment with the lack of activity, but 99.9% of fans understand this is MON's way (I don't particularly agree with it but I'm not being paid about 1 million a year to do it am I ). here's to another week of hoping.

B) onto my question - can you give us an update on the season ticket sales. Just seen the moses got 24,992 yesterday - think it would be funny if our season tickets were more than there attendance !!

c) I've seen on the telly today the Sports Minister is looking into having meetings with clubs regarding the idea of safe terracing - what is the clubs viewpoint - and will we meet the minister. Surely if safe terracing comes back - it would make sense to re-do the North Stand with this included

Whats it like being friends with a Billionaire? it must be amazing, something us mere mortals can only dream about....

Randy could get up in the morning and do whatever he felt like that day, it must be incredible.