General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Just wanted to echo Dave's sentiments re tickets. Myself and 3 friends have already booked 4 flights from Stanstead (couldn't get Bham flights) to Prague and cost us £130 return. Hotels cost us £20 each per night for 2 nights which I think is an absolute bargain. So we're all booked (less tickets) as we can afford about £200, not the prices that the official party are quoting and I think you will find 90% of people have booked independently due to the cost factor. All we are asking for is a fair crack on the tickets otherwise we will obviously have no option to either pay over the odds in Prague or go in the home end which is isn't ideal. At the end of the day we really wanted to go and can't wait so I hope the ticket allocation (I know numbers may be out of your hands) but the distrubtion, ie Season Ticket holders first has got to be a must, is fair. Looking forward to an eventful 2 days in Prague following our great club - at the end of the day that's what it's all about - having a good time.

Up the Villa.

Wigsy

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought General, Seeing as a lot of your time must get taken up by people asking you (like I have in the past) for information on what attendances will be, could the club post on the official site what predicted attendances will be? This might encourage people to buy tickets more quickly so they don't miss out, if the game looks like it will be a sell-out.

General,

Re broadcasting rights for the forthcoming european games.Going on recent history, it's only channel 5/setanta and ITV who seem to broadcast UEFA Cup live. Obvisously Villa will want to sell to the highest bidder to increase revenue but as channel 5 don't broadcast in Ireland, can you please please please sell the rights to either setanta or itv to increase the audience and put Villa on a bigger stage for "neutrals" and Villa fans outside the UK.

Keep up the great work.

Hi General,

First off, I'd like to thank you and your team (Inc Randy, lol) for reviving the club I love. Your approach to fans is second to none and you have the admiration of not just the supporters but of football in general. I've been a Villa fan for over 20 years, I only lived in Birmingham for about 3 of those but Villa have stuck with me ever since. This is by far the best time I can remember in the clubs recent history, you have converted even the most cynical of Villa fans.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings and on to my question:

I'm based in Scotland and rarely get a chance to see Villa games (mainly away matches up North) due to work commitments and as it can take me 12 hours (round trip) to visit Villa Park. I was wondering with Martin O'Neill's Celtic connections, are there any plans to have some friendlies up here in bonnie Scotland? There's already plenty of press coverage, due to the Celtic transfer dealings and I think Villa could be the 2nd team for many Scots looking to be part of the best league in the world. A lot of them are sick of the top 4 domination and Villa are the right type of club to get behind. Having a few pre-season friendlies could encourage this and push forward the Villa brand.

Cheers, Matt

P.S. Ajax tickets are in the bag, got my fingers crossed on decent availability for the Prague match.

General Krulak here:

1. Games in Scotland or Ireland or elsewhere...friendlies: This is really a call made by MON. He pretty much sets out who he wants to play and where and then goes about making it happen. Randy and the Board are loath to start telling MOn where to play and who to play. I am pretty sure that he will eventually get a game going in Scotland and Ireland but I am not sure when. Truly, this is MON's call.

2. Tickets: As I have indicated before, we have every phone manned and have everyone working at 110% effort in the ticketing office. We recognize the queuing issue and are trying to be as responsive as possible. We exoect 41,000+ for Ajax, 37,000+ for Zilna, 39,000+ for Portsmouth....as you can see, things are very busy for Nicky Keye and her team right now. We are trying to be as fair as possible with everyone...understanding the ST holders place in the big picture.

General Krulak here:

1. Missed a couple of questions:

a. Economy: Obviously it is never good when the market drops 40% in a year. At the same time, Randy is commited to the Club and people should not start worrying about Randy and his commitment.

b. For people who have serious issues with ticketing...problems with accounting, etc. You should call Nicky Keye and let her know the issue and see if she can sort.

Why would Ajax not be a sell out, is this because the boxes wouldn't sell out? I say this as i was trying to get tickets today and could only get single tickets apart from at the back of the trinity in the corner where there was 2 left, i really wish i booked earlier now! The combo deal seems to have sold out too which is a shame, hopefully we will see more deals like this in the future as it has clearly been a success.

Got my ticket for the Ajax game today and I too am in the Trinity. Not too bothered if I'm honest - I've just got this feeling that the atmosphere is going to be something else, regardless of whereabouts in the ground you are.

General, without sounding too sadistic, I'm glad Nicky Keye and her team are being made to work hard... Long may it continue! Although as you keep plugging her name on here I hope you'll be taking her and her team out for a few drinks at Christmas! ;)

General,

Can you confirm how attendance/invitations for the Holte are administered as I know more than 1 person who has been invited at least twice whereas others, including myself, who have been season ticket holders for several seasons have yet to be invited?

It's by no means a major gripe but it doesn't seem quite fair.

Regards

Tom

General,

In regards to buying tickets online, why can you not choose the seats like you can on the phone or in person? I never buy online because it doesn't give me the option of choosing where I want to sit in cases of sitting next to friends (I have a season ticket so that isn't very often but more often is this...) when a friend wants a ticket but I cannot get him a seat next to mine. Will this be eradicated so you are able to choose a seat when buying online?

regards

General,

In regards to buying tickets online, why can you not choose the seats like you can on the phone or in person? I never buy online because it doesn't give me the option of choosing where I want to sit in cases of sitting next to friends (I have a season ticket so that isn't very often but more often is this...) when a friend wants a ticket but I cannot get him a seat next to mine. Will this be eradicated so you are able to choose a seat when buying online?

regards

I would like to second this.

Fulham FC have a great system for buying online. You select the bay you want to sit in and it shows up a display with every seat that is sold and each one that is free so you can just click on the seats you would like.

It is good if you are bringing a big group and they cant all sit in a row, you can split your friends between rows or at least be in a similar area.

It's also just good to know where your seat will be when you buy it.

Have a look on their website. Is there any chance we could upgrade our online sales to something similar?

General Krulak here:

1. Flag is planned to be out for Ajax game.

2. Attendence for upcoming games: Ajax. 42K, V Zalina, 39K, Portsmouth, 39K.

3. Online ticketing: I am sure that there are newer and more up-to-date systems than what we have...and we will be looking at those systems. At this point in the season, I doubt if it would make much sense to attempt a turnover to a new system.

4. Invite to Holte: This is one that I am personally not happy with. We still have not come up with a way to ensure equity across the board with regards to the lottery. I promise that I will fix this.