General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I know its early, but how do you plan to allocate the tickets for the away leg in the Intertoto cup game in July and any subsequent European away games thereafter?

Will you be introducing a European away scheme that we can opt into as well as the away scheme? Last time we were in Europe there was a Villa travel membership that we could subscribe too, but perhaps a guarantee of a ticket through a European away scheme would be better this time around?

2. "Tapping": In fact, the FA do NOT have to have an official complaint to act.

No they don't HAVE to, General, but I'd be shocked if there was an example of them ever acting without one, especially against a big club like Liverpool.

Still, if the club's decision is not to report them then I respect that.

general,on the 29th of feb (page 372 of this thread) i asked you about availability of season tickets for my son for the 2009/2010 season you said that there will no problem to obtain a season ticket for him ,so my mind was put at rest ,now i find out that there is over one thousand people on a waiting list for the 2008/2009 season can you explain what has happened for a waiting list to now start and how do i go about getting my son a season ticket for the 2009/2010 season sitting next to me and my son in the lower holte,many thanks daniel

general,on the 29th of feb (page 372 of this thread) i asked you about availability of season tickets for my son for the 2009/2010 season you said that there will no problem to obtain a season ticket for him ,so my mind was put at rest ,now i find out that there is over one thousand people on a waiting list for the 2008/2009 season can you explain what has happened for a waiting list to now start and how do i go about getting my son a season ticket for the 2009/2010 season sitting next to me and my son in the lower holte,many thanks daniel

To be fair the general said he "didn't envision a wait list".

He can't predict everything and it's certainly unfair to suggest he said it would be no problem.

General - In a similar line to Ads' question is the season ticket literature being delayed by the fact there will be options for European match subscriptions ? Or will the club, until we're in the group stages at least, be basing it on this season's away purchases ??

Gen

Just a quick observation about the season tickets (and I honestly don't know if anything could be done, but it's worth asking). As another poster has said, he wants to get a ticket for his son next to him. However, if that seat becomes available, the chances of his son being at the top of the list is minute (in my reckoning 42600 x the amount on the waiting list - or is that too simple !).

Is there anyway that if his son (and mine) are on the waiting list, and the seat next to the dad becomes available -they can have that seat. I know it is jumping the queue but it seems logical.

And as you know, kids aren't allowed to sit on laps anymore (as found to my cost) so unless this happens - it will be a nightmare.

General, Tonyh made this thread on VillaTalk, regarding a former RAF Sergeant, who had a horrific accident at Villa Park in 1998, during a half time parachute jump that went wrong, he landed on the roof of the old Trinity Rd stand and fell 80 feet to the ground, and just surviving, but losing a leg and spending a long time in recovering.

He's now paddling a canoe round the coast of the UK to raise money for the British Ex-Serviceman's Limbless Association.

He's clearly still bonkers - first he jumps out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft , and now he wants to paddle a canoe several thousand miles, but he's also clearly a real star.

Maybe if they don't already know of the effort he is undertaking, you could pass on the the information to the people at the club who might like to know about it. I'm sure many would have seen the accident or been involved in some way in helping him out.

Thanks

Maybe if they don't already know of the effort he is undertaking, you could pass on the the information to the people at the club who might like to know about it. I'm sure many would have seen the accident or been involved in some way in helping him out.

I'd echo that , it would be fantastic if the club could help his cause in some way

General, just to get away from all the speculation, transfers,europe etc. On a social note what are the plans for The Holte Suite for next season. This has become a great facilty but is oversubscribed for all matches now. Bar can't cope, not enough tables and chairs. Foods excellent, but eating a carvary meal sat on the floor is not great.

Not a criticism. Victim of it's own success. Just wondered if another such facility or facilities could be brought on stream for season ticket holders to relieve the burden on The Holte Suite. Anything planned ?

General Krulak here:

1. At airport on stopover.

2. I would imagine that Randy and/or I will go to Europe.

3. jamesvilla: As I have said before, HOK has been in looking at all of VP. We are not prepared to determine concrete plans yet...they need to do their work.

4. Richard: "Right" players are ones that MON believes will be good for the club...now and in future. Players who "fit" into our ethos and style of play.

5. V111AFC: Obviously I cannot answer a question like yours on an open web site. Just would not make any sense to talk about a pay scale that we would or would not accept.

6. We do have plans for the Holte Suite but not ready to make them known at this time.

7. Regarding Tickets: The following is from Nicky Keye...any questions on what I write can be answered by Nicky or her team.

* Away leg of I-Cup: As soon as we know who the competition will be and how many tickets we will be allocated, we will issue details on ticketing section of website.

* Priority will be given to season ticket holders who have renewed for 08/08 season who travelled to away games last season. Fans who travelled to the majority of away games will be given first optiion.

* Waiting List looking to buy additional seat for son. At this time, we are selling renewals only. STH's who wish to purchase additional seats are encouraged to join waiting list. The reason for this is to allow current STH's the flexibility to move to any "available" seat in the stadium befoe season ticket sales are increased.

* Seats whcih are not renewed by 4 July will then be made available to customers in B4 and B5 as a priority.

* On saturday 5 july at 1pm, STH who have renewed for 08/09 season can try and improve their current seats and relocate to other available seats.

* Waiting List applications will be dealt with from Wed. 9 July. We will be communicating with those on waiting list.

* We currently have over 1300 on waiting list.

General Krulak here:

* We currently have over 1300 on waiting list.

General,

I was told 1,800 when I phoned the ticket office earlier and that the club were restricting season ticket sales to 27k. Can you confirm if either comments are correct?

It worries me that I won't get a look in because of the number of ST's sold last season was 25k + and because of the need to keep seats open for general sale. Do we really need 15,000 seats to go on general sale each game? Surely a figure nearer 30,000 ST's (13k general) would ensure sell out's at even the quietest games.

Cheers

Jon

*hoping not to be one of the unlucky ones that missed out*

General,

This may have been answered but...

How many season tickets are we going to sell next year do you predict!? All this talk of a waiting list sounds promosing! this is testament to what a good job you and God (Randy) have done. Me and my father will be renewing ours.

Thanks

General,

I wondered if you could expand a little on Villa's strategy with regard to corporate partners next season? Do you envisage (barring 32red) that we'll stay the same, or are there some significant (non shirt sponsoring) partners going to join the club?

Also, can you give some indication about the impact the led pitch side ads have had on match sponsorship revenue? Has they had the impact that the club expected?

jamesvilla: As I have said before, HOK has been in looking at all of VP. We are not prepared to determine concrete plans yet...they need to do their work.

Thanks for that, General. Any idea when they'll report back their recommendations/plans? Would Randy consider pulling down the Doug Ellis stand with the North Stand, or will it just be the North Stand going?

Thanks

jamesvilla: As I have said before, HOK has been in looking at all of VP. We are not prepared to determine concrete plans yet...they need to do their work.

Thanks for that, General. Any idea when they'll report back their recommendations/plans? Would Randy consider pulling down the Doug Ellis stand with the North Stand, or will it just be the North Stand going?

Thanks

I think the general answered the second part of your question in his initial response?

General,

Will this summers work on the Trinity Road stand have a visual impact from the pitchside or from the roadside, or are the changes exclusively interior?

Are there any mock ups, plans or drawings to look at?