General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General, Thanks for your reply that you will look into the rumour about away fans moving to Doug Ellis Upper (hopefully you will also have ready the thread about this). I still hope it's not true and look forward to hearing from you when you have found out more information. Hev :cry:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I spoke to Richard Fitzgerald late this evening about the change in the Blackburn game. He provided the following information. Because we are out of the FA Cup, the football side of the business asked for the change in dates. Their rationale was that by changing the dates, they would optimize the time between games allowing the players the ability to maximize rest, training, and injury recovery. By basically having a week between each game, the change has somewhat smoothed the "sine curve" that came with the old fixture table...already altered by the Liverpool change.

I absolutely recognize the hardship this has caused some of our fans. Randy does too. This was NOT done because of any sense that we will get more attendence and therefore more revenue. That was NOT the issue. Simply put, the Football side, to include players and manager and coaches, felt this would help the team as we entered the critical part of the schedule.

Thats a really good point general the team getting into Europe is the priority at the moment, maybe a system where you could return your seat, get a code which entitles you to priority book a ticket for a game 2 days after the season ticket holders have rights to tickets as compensation? the money stays with the club, the fan sees a game they want (paying more if the ticket costs more for the other game).

General someone made the point about Seat Exchange, I think people should be allowed to say its my ticket this is the price I want to sell it for, i mean some people would be happy to see a Villa fan get to the game and sell it for £10, I've given my spares away at the matches to random fans I met to encourage them to come and they went in the store and bought a top etc. Could that be implemented? it would encourage fans to buy from the site too rather than touts who might sell on fake tickets.

About touts: At the O2 in London its private land from the train station to the grounds leading upto the dome and inside; thus illegal to tout/"scalp" on private property, Are the car parks behind the holte and the area behind the north stand considered private areas? i get hassled by touts and that really bugs me, one followed me at the last Man Utd game begging to get my tickets to sell. I didnt want a tout having my spare hence gave it to a fan waiting in the queue for free (The girl who bought the top etc) can anything be done about them? at least get them off onto the streets

General,

Totally understand the club's reasons for changing the Blackburn game and 100% agree. If it benefits our push for Europe all the better.

Personally I am glad the fixture has been changed as I wouldn't have been able to go on the Wednesday ! As a season ticket holder I have had to miss a couple of home games due to TV and the Man Utd game last Saturday so I have sympathy for the fans that now can't attend.

Unfortunately in these situations someone is going to be upset and all the reasons put by fellow supporters especially the ones from abroad are relevant but I would imagine the vast majority of Villa fans are now glad it is being played on the Saturday.

I think we have to take the club's decision at face value and that it has been made for the benefit of Aston Villa Football Club.

Hi General.

Big thumbs up to the ticket office staff. Ordered my Reading tickets yesterday at 5pm via the website and I was fully expecting to have to pick them up at the Ticket Collection point before the game but to my surprise they arrived through my letterbox this morning. Great service!

Keep up the good work General.

Hi General,

following my gripe about the Blackburn fixture I have just a word of thanks to whoever waived the magic wand because I got a call today from a lady called Nicola in the ticket office and she sorted me out with some complimentary match tickets as a gesture, and a brilliant one at that.

So my issue is resolved and we can get on with life supporting the team on the field :)

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee day......

Hi General,

following my gripe about the Blackburn fixture I have just a word of thanks to whoever waived the magic wand because I got a call today from a lady called Nicola in the ticket office and she sorted me out with some complimentary match tickets as a gesture, and a brilliant one at that.

So my issue is resolved and we can get on with life supporting the team on the field :)

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee day......

Nice one! See... your club DOES care.

Really pleased to see you happy again.

Well done Villa.

General,

Having read the-savman's last post and his thread, I must say that is great to see the club addressing one part of the issue.

In terms of customer service that is excellent.

I hope (and expect) that this level of thought and care will be used to address the issue of a policy for the moving of games by the club.

Keep up the good work.

General as a fellow Irish Villa fan I must say that I am very very impressed by the gesture Savman received after the Blackburn game was moved. It is great to see that the club really does care for their supporters. This has really put a smile on my face. We couldn't possibly have better people running the club.

General,

First well done to all the team at Villa on and off the field.

So far so great can be the only sensible verdict to date.

The Blackburn game move has caught a few people out. Perhaps I can see both sides. The company I work for were hosting our first corporate gig at that game and bringing 6 very important Clients. Booked for months and costing well over a thousand (my first time in the posh seats) to organise it was a big commitment. Today I've had to phone around, try to persuade people from London and Sheffield to re schedule, and finally had to cancel to my great embarassment.

On the other side, now its a weekend, my brother and my father can attend (but we'll be back in the cheap seats!).

Always pros and cons.

Anyway, I've sent a letter to both yourself and Tony Diffley today (both care of Villa Park), the contents are now slightly out of date due to the move, but please give it due consideration. There's a free photomontage of a revised North Stand in it for you if you do!

Incidentally, the folks at Business Villa dealt with it really well.

cheers

its all good keep it going

Hi General,

I'm exiled in Australia for the last few years, and I try to get back as often as I can to see live games like I was against Man City but my real connection now seems to be Fox Sports here in Australia which shows 90% of all PL games.

The only problem I have is it seems that if we play at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon at home we dont get shown this season. If we play away at 3pm or at home or away any other time, 95% of the time we are on tv.

For example today 5 games are being shown today, Che vs Spurs, Mid vs Liv, Ars vs blose, Eve vs Man C and Hammers vs Fulham. I know there are seven games on a 3pm today so derby vs wigan miss out as well but it just seems that we are missing out every time when at Villa Park at 3pm on a Saturday, I wondered if you knew the reason for this??? or if any other Villa fan knows whose reading this??? Prob just the tv schedular is a blue nose but just wondered if there was a legimate reason???

Many thanks for your time General

Nick

Hi General, me again! I gather from another forum that you have said that there is no truth in the rumour of away fans being moved to DE Upper. Could I trouble you just to confirm this on here? This would make me so happy. Thanks General. :notworthy:

General Krulak here:

1. There is no truth to the rumor that the away fans will be moved. I have checked with people at Villa and with Randy...no knowledge of such a move.

2. Solid game today. It was a game we should have won and we did win. Now, all we need to do is keep focused, keep doing what we need to do...keep fighting for 90 minutes everycgame and we will be fine.

3. I hope many of you read the interview with Big John Carew. It shows a side of Carew and the Club that is important. Yes, you need class play on the pitch but we also need class play in the community. If we are going to be a force in English football, we need to display class across the board.

General - can the club please petition the FA about the ludicrous instruction relating to the treatment of players on the pitch and having to leave it once treated. I can just about understand it when it caused by genuine challenges, but when Gabby was clattered by Hanneman in the second half, we were penalised at the resulting free kick, which was in a dangerous position by not having him available to challenge for the ball. It also freed up a Reading defender to mark our other players. Injury needing treatment as a result of foul play should not result in the offended team being forced to play for however long with a reduction in players.

General - can the club please petition the FA about the ludicrous instruction relating to the treatment of players on the pitch and having to leave it once treated. I can just about understand it when it caused by genuine challenges, but when Gabby was clattered by Hanneman in the second half, we were penalised at the resulting free kick, which was in a dangerous position by not having him available to challenge for the ball. It also freed up a Reading defender to mark our other players. Injury needing treatment as a result of foul play should not result in the offended team being forced to play for however long with a reduction in players.

As a referee I will answer this....

Players can NOT be treated on the pitch (merely assessed, unless of a head injury) I don't know why this isn't strictly enforced, all treatment must take place outside of the field of play, I think that as treatment seems to be happening on the field of play the leaving of the pitch is necessary to justify the treatment on the pitch? I wouldn't allow any spray or the bag on the pitch in a game I was refereeing, get them off the pitch first!

General, thanks so much for confirming that there is no foundation to the worrying rumour of away fans being moved next season. Our steward today said he had heard this too and so your confirmation is very welcome. Thanks so much :clap:

Hi General - You may have been asked this before. apologies if you have, but is there any plans to change the PA system in the Holte?? I sit in K1 and I can't here a thing! On a positive note I think the new advertising LCD hoardings are great.

All the best and keep up the good work!!