General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, great win today, which was totally spoilt for me when i got back to my

car and found that some moron had tipped a can of paint stripper over its bonnet/hood.

it was legally parked and not even outside of any ones home.

This is the 4th time my cars have been vandalised/robbed outside of Villa Park

in the last 15 years, as a pensioner i fear this will be the last season i and will not

be renewing my season ticket as i can only get to the Villa by car

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Nice win today. I recognize that some may question whether it was "pretty" or not...but for me, it was one we needed to win and did. 3 games in a very short time...with 7 points coming out of them. I am proud of the lads. We still have a LONG way to go but I like the "never say die" attitude of our Team and appreciate the work they put in on the Pitch. Once again, the fans were superb. :notworthy:

As Ian Holloway once said General, she wasn't the prettiest girl at the party but at least we got her in the back of the taxi. Take us to... Europe please driver!

Hello General,

A very happy 2008 to you and your family, I'm glad to hear that your back's better. I posted 2 weeks ago to tell you that I was coming over from Barcelona for the Wigan game, and that Katrina Adamson had organised a tour of Villa Park for us. I'd just like to share our experience as I think it illustrates so many good things about how the club is changing.

First of all we, my wife, 2 daughters, my brother and his 2 daughters went to the club shop to buy shirts for my daughters, scarves and badges for members of the Barcelona Lions Club. All the products in the shop were of the highest quality and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The new signage is fantastic and looks very classy.

Next we went to the Holte pub for lunch. The building looks absolutely amazing and the interior is immaculate, nice photos and furniture. The staff were really professional, accomdating and friendly in very difficult circumstances as 2 or 3 staff hasd failed to turn up and there was only one barmaid to take all the drink and food orders, I don' t know the lady's name,but she was lovely to us and made a real fuss of the kids. The doorman, a big black guy, was a real gentleman . The food was excellent and the chefs were also very helpful.

Finally we went to the Holte Suite for the guided tour. Unfortunately when we informed the staff that we'd been invited to attend the tour they told us that they'd had an emergency in the morning and there were 100 children and their families who'd come for a pantomine, but the company responsible for the pantomine had phoned up 15 minutes beforee the performance was due to start to cancel. The staff obviously had a very difficult situation on their hands with 100 disappointed kids and their irrate parents. the staff told us they had improvised and takemn the kids on a tour of the stadium instead. However, as a consequence they'd had to cancel the afternoon tour, but without imforming us. I rang Katrina and told her the situation, she managed to arrange a private tour for us which was great.

I mention the understaffing in the Holte pub and the cancelling of the tour, not as any sort of criticism, but only to highlight that I think in emergency and diificult situations you often see the real character of people, and I think the staff in the Holte pub and the Holte Suite and marketing department were thoroughly professional in adverse circumstances.

The visit to the ground really illustrated so many positive changes at the club. Things sem to be done in a much more professional way without losing the friendly family atmosphere I've always associated with the club. Many thanks to all the people at the club who helped us to have such a great day.

Kieran

just like to wish you general and randy and all the staff at villa park a happy 2008 and please please let there be villa in europe this season,also have you any idea how many tickets have been sold for saturdays fa cup match against utd

all the best

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. Kieran: I am very happy that things went well for you...except for the tour. At the end of the day, it sounds like Katrina took care of you and sorted it out...I am glad. You are absolutely correct...the true measure of an organization comes to the front when things go bad. Obviously we have some work to do but our PEOPLE stood up to the test.

2. I think we have sold around 35,000 tickets to date. Still some to be had....come on down.

3. I will be on a trip until Sunday so I will not be on the site. I am not UA!!

You are absolutely correct...the true measure of an organization comes to the front when things go bad. Obviously we have some work to do but our PEOPLE stood up to the test.

And it must also be noted that, in the context of recent events on the field, MON and the players definitely stand up to the test when things go bad. The philosophy implied in the first sentence quoted above would seem to be in force throughout the club, and long may it continue.

General, is there a reason for why a Stadium tour can not take place on match day, like Start it at 10am end at 11:30 or whatever, surely enough time to get people out and kits moved into the changing rooms in time for a 5pm kick off on late kick off days? I can understand 3pm KO's cutting it close but im dieing to do the official stadium tour but its hard to get a day off work hence I take them to see a game, I dont wanna take another for a 1 hour tour you know?...

Happy new year General. I hope you and your family had a good festive season and it is good to read your back is better.

I took my wife, children, mother and father for a meal at the Holte on Friday 28th December before watching the panto in the Holte Suite. It was my father's first visit to Villa Park as he is a more of a country sports fan. He was impressed with the quality of the stadium, the new signage, rotating screens etcetera. He was even more impressed with the Holte itself. The quality of construction, materials used, stained glass windows and mosaic floor tiles was first class. Even though the bar was understaffed and it took a few minutes to be served the woman behind the bar was professinal and friendly. The food was good value and we all enjoyed our meals. On a slight down note, I phoned the day before to reserve a table for 6. My name was taken and the reservation confirmed. When we arrived there was no knowledge of my reservation and a table was only arranged when I requested it. The process of ordering the food was also not clear. I would suggest a couple of wall signs and adding 'choose a table, pay for food at bar, hand over receipt when collecting food' to the menu sheets. Also the layout is more like a large house than a pub or restaurant. I guess this is because of its origins as a guest house and the building restrictions due to its protected status.

The panto was poor! It started more than half an hour late (nearly 5 hours late for those expecting the morning performance!) and whilst it was reasonably cheap at £3 for adults and £6.50 for children, it was very amateurish. Due to its late start, we had to leave before the end. We were promised a refund but I'm not sure how this will be handled, its not back on my card yet.

Overall though, it was a positive experience for my parents. My father has since been spreading the word that our club is a quality outfit going places.

Regarding a thread discussing the increasing attendances at Villa Park and the need for expansion, I posted the following -

My guess would be:

Summer 2008 - plans released for consultation with fans, planning authorities and local residents.

Summer 2009 - work starts.

August 2010 - Work complete for start of 2010/11 season. Villa Park now seats 52000 fans.

How far from the truth is my guess?

Also, what are the latest plans and timescale for the Holte End signage/exterior refurbishment?

I'd like to thank the Villa board and staff for all of the great work completed to date.

Hi General, Happy New Year!

Just wondering, do you read the other threads on villatalk much? Maybe laugh at the mad rumours that the papers come out with and that cause big arguments on here? Or do you stick to your own thread?

Thanks

Hi General,

Best of the season to you and yours..............

According to various reports over the years it would seem Hollywood demigod, Tom Hanks seems to favour the Villa.

Mentioned here too whilst promoting his newest movie.

Would be worthwhile inviting him over to catch a match and letting him know what he's missing.......

Having fans as famous as him could only be a good thing for us, what do you think???

As always thanks for the stunning work, time and effort. It's very much appreciated.

JG

Hi General,

Happy New Year. JG beat me too this but I also think this would be a great idea especially for a TV game but please no Sly Stallone scarf holding on the pitch like at Everton.

Also I'm always surprised we haven't made more of Prince William being a Villa fan surely him attending a TV match would be unbelievable publicity for the club.

Just a thought.

I agree the Prince and Future king should be made an honary fan and given the chance to come and see a game, something like the FA cup game against Man Utd could be wonderful publicity for us, granted he has a social calendar but if we go to Europe then he should be invited to a game or the final one of the season, that would be fantastic and the girls I bring would love it lol

General,

Just thought I should inform you about my bad experience with ticketing for the Wigan game. From what I gather from the staff at Wigan there was quite a significant problem of tickets that were not received by villa fans for the game, I was one who received only one ticket when I’d purchased two. As usual I phoned the ticket office to let them know the issue and they said it would be sorted, they’d been printed separately and I’d receive them before the game. The Friday before the game I hadn’t received the other ticket and phoned again and as per usual they were fantastic and apologetic and told me the ticket would be waiting for me at Wigan. The ticket that was waiting for me at Wigan was unfortunately the ticket I had all ready received from Villa, but thankfully the Wigan staff who were extremely helpful said they’d print a ticket for the seat next to me and if someone was in that one to sit the other side. When I got to my seat as I knew there would be there were people sitting either side of me with tickets for the seats as well leaving my and my dad (we’re not small chaps) to stand within the confinement of one seat. We questioned the steward what to do and he had no solution and the people around us were fine being squashed together we stood there for 90 minutes. My dads getting on a bit and was exhausted by the end of the match even if people stand around him sometimes he likes to have a break ever now and then by leaning back on the seat but this just wasn’t possible. T he ticket office is usually great (99.9%) but I was really annoyed by this because I’m sure when I first called it must have been obvious there was a problem, and the second time I called it must have been obvious again. Yet I went to the ground I paid for two seats and only got one. There is certainly a huge safety issue here and even more emphasised by the suggestions earlier of overcrowding in block 3 at Wigan where I was sitting (standing!). I have no idea what’s gone wrong here general but I paid for something it wasn’t delivered but even worse it was obviously sold to someone else and I was still led to believe I had a ticket. Really think this deserves your attention general.

Many Thanks

Chris

General,

There are a lot of Manchester United fans planning to sit in the Villa HOME stands this coming weekend. I know the club is against trouble at football etc but come on what do you expect if these have managed to get hold of tickets.

Ive read around 6-7 manchester united forums where fans have said they are in the villa home ends. What does the club propose to do to get these out of the ground?

And also, stop this happening again.

Without wanting to answer for the General, the club is doing all it can by only selling to those with an existing booking history and only selling tickets from the main ticket office tomorrow as the article on the OS stated yesterday.

As others have said, there's nothing the club can do if Villa fans are getting tickets for Utd fans in the home end.

I have a feeling there will be a no nonsense approach this time round and if a gloryhunter makes themself known, they will be asked to leave instead of 'keep themself to themself'. At least that's what I hope will happen.

General

Also echoing some of the comments made about Man Utd fans in home areas, I'd also point out concern even for the actions of those in away sections, especially ones near the pitch. They have a reputation for pitch invasions and from comments I have read on a few of their forums some individuals are already planning one.

Richard

General, we must have zero tolerance for both away fans in home areas and the so called Villa fans who buy them the tickets in the first place. The sooner we weed them out the better, these fans are detremental to the club not to mention the matchday experience you've spoken about in previous posts. There is nothing worse than having away fans sat near you especially as the safety of home fans (including children) is put at risk.