FIFA 13

GarethRDR

WTF happened to my fifa. I logged on and wanted to edit Villa's line-up but when I viewed it, I got really weird names. Like the names you'd see playing PES because they dont own the rights to the players. Given had some really long eastern european last name. I viewed other teams and they were all like that as well. Anyone else have this issue?

I also have not been able to play any online matches since receiving the game a week ago. Everytime I go to play online Fifa always finds me an opponent but then it says they quit EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Think I've spent as much time on the Creation Centre this weekend as I have on the game itself. It's certainly much improved, though there are still some minor cosmetic bugs to iron out (e.g. club badges don't show up properly in Creation Centre's preview window, but once they're downloaded to your machine they're fine). I also don't see why they couldn't incorporate more detailed kit/colour choices or allow you to edit the goalie kit for your created team. Still, after a couple hours work I've made some pretty decent facsimiles of Shakhtar Donetsk, Sparta Prague and Fenerbahçe (now working on Partizan Belgrade).

Being able to edit players that other people have created is a huge time saver, as I've found that the best recreations of players get given ridiculous stats by their creators that need to be nerfed for realism. My plan is to have as big a league as possible consisting of "Best of the Rest of Europe" teams, to pad out Manager Mode a bit. If anyone fancies having a look/download, search for the teams by name and look for "GarethRDR1983". I'm highly pedantic, so I can guarantee badges/sponsors/kits/players are all as near as damnit. I'll also take requests, good ol' sausage that I am. :)

Anywho, I've just finished my second season in the Villa hotseat. I came close to walking in January when the board sold Nacer Chadli out from under me for less £7m after I'd turned down a Man City bid of £15m (annoying hangover from the last game that really **** me off and should be removed/fixed). I'd only just signed the ungrateful word removed the January before and he slaps in a transfer request out of the blue. :angry:

The story so far...

First order of business upon taking the reigns was sorting out the defence. That meant new full backs and a new partner for Vlaar until Clark, Lowton and Bennett could develop. With only £9m to spend, I had to be a savvy shopper. Fortunately, Kyle Naughton and Jonny Evans were surplus to requirements at their respective clubs so I could bring them in on the cheap. This left just enough cash to convince Stoke to part with Marc Wilson (apparently he'd been attempting to play football in the close-season, thus had fallen out of favour with Tony Pulis).

Additional cash was raised by bringing Makoun back from loan and flogging him immediately to the first bidder. Also, much to my surprise (and delight) Liverpool came in for Richard Dunne. Hutton, Warnock and Lichaj were transfer listed, but there were no takers prior to the transfer window closing. With Given set to retire at the end of the season, Guzan went straight into the sticks. The back-line was sorted.

A bit of dilemma was had with the rest of the starting line-up, with a choice between playing a front 3 of Benteke, Gabby and Bent with a narrow midfield or playing with two holding mids, two wide men and Ireland playing off the striker. West Ham made the decision for me when they offered a fair sum for Albrighton, which I duly cashed in on. This left N'Zogbia as the only natural wide player left on the team, so he went on the transfer list as well (though once more, no bids were forthcoming). Some of the youngsters like Bowery and Westwood were loaned out for experience.

Thus, pre-season kicked off with this line-up...

________________Guzan________________

Naughton__Vlaar (c)__Evans____Wilson

____El Ahmadi__Ireland____Bannan____

Benteke_________Bent_______Agbonlahor

...which yielded positive results; 3 wins from 3 against some decent Bundesliga sides (and Kaiserslautern).

Then, two days before the window closed disaster struck; Ireland broke his ankle, reportedly in a zebra-related incident during the team's pre-season bonding trip to Twycross Zoo. The club sought compensation, but the zoo argued that as Barry Bannan had gained entry on a child's ticket, none was forthcoming.

Fortunately, there was just enough left in the coffers for a daring deadline day bid for Stuart Holden. So began the league campaign.

The triumvirate strikeforce of strength, speed and finishing proved Captain Planet-esque in it's combined effectiveness, as Villa found themselves battling in and around the top 4 for the first part of the season and swiftly progressing to the quarter-finals of the League Cup. Guzan matured into a proverbial wall at the back, and Holden and Bannan provided a pint-sized goal threat from the middle of the park (indeed, such was Holden's success that Ireland was unable to regain his place upon his return from injury).

Sadly, such success would not go unnoticed by the footballing world; fast forward to January, and Barcelona come calling for Darren Bent with a cheque for £10m made out to "Bend over and take it". "£18m or **** off" was the retort, in the hope this would scare off the Spanish suitors. It did not. Darren Bent was unveiled at the Nou Camp to confusion and lacklustre fanfare, Villa were £18m better off (minus Randy Lerner's personal cut, believed to have been spent on laser tattoo removal and alimony payments) and there was work to be done.

The departure of Bent afforded an opportunity for Benteke to become the central tip of the attacking spear, with the funds from the deal put towards quality, dedicated wingers to fully utilise the height advantage. Wilfried Zaha and Nacer Chadli were brought into the right and left of attack respectively. This would open a door for Brett Holman to provide cover but would, in turn, relegate Gabby to the bench and Weimann to the reserves.

Alan Hutton also departed the club, Nottingham Forest his destination for a paltry sum, but Lowton and Bennett had proved themselves more than ample cover over the course of the half-season so this was a win-win for all concerned. Once more though, deadline day drama was to be had. A £7m offer for Brad Guzan came in from Bordeaux. Despite an unwillingness to bid farewell to the American shot stopper, the money was just too good to turn down and within hours the deal had been completed.

A double swoop for Wigan's Ali Al-Habsi and Birmingham City's Jack Butland was completed shortly thereafter, though there was some minor controversy when Birmingham City were unable to provide suitable paperwork for the deal; club officials reportedly had "no idea what a fax machine was" and Butland's existing contract had been written in crayon. Fortunately, Marlon King's parole officer was on site at the time and was able to assist in completing the deal before the close of business.

Really feel like doing this today... :bang:

Absolutely dominating matches, 60% possesion, average of about 10 shots per game, just cant score at all. Then my opponent hits me on the counter by pace abusing and smashing it into the top corner.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Lost about 4 on the bounce in similar fashion...... time to leave it for today....

My record has taken a hammering today. Think i've played about 20 games and lost about 15 of them. Won 1 all day.

Last night I was unstoppable. It's funny how your mood and attitude effects how you play.

Why on earth is Benteke going for around 20,000 coins on UT?

Oh and I'm up for any games or pro clubs. Tbaughan3009 if you want to add me.

Seriously?? I got Ben Arfa just there so I did a quick search to see what he was going for and most were around the 15k mark!! Some seriously inflated prices going for prem players but I aint complaining.

I've built a brazilian squad for pretty much **** all so i'll try and get a few big name sambas when Ben Arfa sells.

I quite like how they've introduced season mode into FUT as you get a decent reward for promotions/winning titles.

Anyone notice this when playing the cpu?

You're 2-1 up and as soon as the clock gets to 80 minutes cpu turn up their game by 100%. They contain with 2-3 players and every pass you make gets intercepted by them. Most of the time results in them getting a goal aswell.

The EA servers are so shit, I've lost count how many times it's frozen on seasons where I'm stuck in the arena.

Every year there is a different problem with the servers.

Yeah, it's the same each year, I think the servers are just so busy it can't cope. In a weeks time they'll fix minor bugs and it will be fine. Still not good enough though...

Anyone notice this when playing the cpu?

You're 2-1 up and as soon as the clock gets to 80 minutes cpu turn up their game by 100%. They contain with 2-3 players and every pass you make gets intercepted by them. Most of the time results in them getting a goal aswell.

Oh yeah, it did this on the last FIFA, and I think the one before, too. My housemate and I played FIFA most nights when I was at uni (ah, the days) and 99% of the time we played co-operatively in tournaments against the CPU. In many games, against various levels of opponent, it became almost impossible to tackle the opposition players in the latter stages of the game, and if you did then you'd inevitably lose the ball.

However, I do think that our mentality affected that, too. I think Pieface's point is interesting; the frame of mind you're in when you're playing clearly influences how you play, but I've never been sure as to what extent. For example, usually if I get pissed off with the game, I play poorly because I'm more likely to rush into tackles and drag players out of position. Yet it can occasionally go the other way, where I'll grab a goal through a sheer increase in determination. Generally, I feel better playing when I've had a joint, although I'm usually fine when I haven't, so I reckon that's more of a psychological thing rather than something that directly affects the way I play... I think.

Anyway, not played it too much since I rushed out to buy it on Friday morning, but now the missus is at work I'm going to continue on FUT, which I decided to have a go at again. I've built up a cheap Liga BBVA team, which I won the championship with after 4 successive wins in Online Division 5, but lost my first game in Division 4, disappointingly. Time to turn it around! Looking forward to spending my MS points: I've got a 2100 card, and 120 on my account, but I've almost earned enough at Points2Shop (see my sig) to get another 2100 card, which would mean I can get 4600 FIFA points. It's a lot, but I don't spend MS points on anything else really, and I won't be purchasing any more packs afterwards!

Definitely happens. I haven't played 13, but in FIFA 12, the amount of times you'd play the cpu, batter them for 80 minutes, they wouldn't have a shot, then you'd score, and suddenly they turn into Barcelona and just pass it all round you and bang it in the top corner.

Playing the CPU on FIFA is one of the most frustrating activities in the world.

Â