Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Stats, stats, stats.

He made a defensive error that directly led to a goal yesterday  :huh:

It wasn't a defensive error.

He was beaten by a bit of skill. 

On the touchline.

A lot of play occurred between Lowton being beaten and the goal.

If that was counted as a defensive error the "defensive errors" of all defenders would be much higher.

Think of it as in tennis: "unforced errors" vs "opponent's winners"

Played every minute fr us in the premier league after being in league one! Miles better than clogger Hutton for half the price and is probably worth twice as much as we paid for Hutton

Miles better?

59 goals in 32 games would suggest he's not.

And what have we seen more of this season? His wonder goal or his awful defending that led to their equaliser?

Goal of the season no doubt but defenders are signed to defend.

Yeah because Lowton is the sole reason why we conceded 59 goals and Hutton was the sole reason why we managed to concede less last year. C'mon man. 

Of course he's not the sole reason but he's part of a defensive unit that is quite possibly one of the worst this club has ever seen.

Their equaliser show the mistakes he keeps making. A lot of potential in him but all this talk of a great signing is far too premature. Our defenders are their to defend. And most of them don't do it well enough.

And Benteke is part of a poor attacking team (we haven't scored that many goals this season) yet he's been absolutely phenomenal.

Not that Lowton is of the same quality as Benteke, but you have to look at players individually.

Yes and if you did you'd see a player that doesn't help our defence.

Your argument about Benteke is stupid. We can clearly see how many goals Benteke has scored.

I see Geoff "Big_John_10" Shreeves is covering everybody's french fries in urine again.

Do you really want this to be a site where someone posts how great everything is and everybody agrees?

Our defence is abysmal. Goal of the season does little to change the fact this is one of the worst defences we've ever had.

You ignore that though just so you can post some happy things.

Stats, stats, stats.

On the touchline.

If that was counted as a defensive error the "defensive errors" of all defenders would be much higher.

:huh:

Thanks for the tennis comparison, I coach as a job. It was a mistake by Lowton though, he got done and fell on his arse. Not knocking the lad, I proper rate him, but to not call that a defensive error is just wrong.

Stats, stats, stats.

On the touchline.

:huh:

Thanks for the tennis comparison, I coach as a job. It was a mistake by Lowton though, he got done and fell on his arse. Not knocking the lad, I proper rate him, but to not call that a defensive error is just wrong.

Fine. But the point is that the system Squawka uses will be consistent among all players. It's the relative figure, when you compare between players, that counts. That's what is impressive

Lowton has 0 - zero - defensive errors for 32 games this season. Better than Patrice Evra, on par with Rafael. That's all we need to know.

Why are you repeating this? I heard you the first time and gave my view to this point the first time  :huh:

Amazing how we're going to break a premiership record for goal conceded isn't it.

Must just be unlucky I guess.

Probably easier to write LOLZ or have a dig at other posters than put forward any sort of argument using actual evidence.

Keep going lads.

Amazing how we're going to break a premiership record for goal conceded isn't it.

Must just be unlucky I guess.

Probably easier to write LOLZ or have a dig at other posters than put forward any sort of argument using actual evidence.

Keep going lads.

It actually is easier to write LOLZ because you are almost more stubborn than Richard.

You cant genuinely believe that just because we have conceded so many goals that this player doesnt help the defence. The reason we have conceded so many goals is due to that ridiculous 5 at the back, constantly changing who plays in defence and who plays in front of them. Add to that Clark who is a very poor CB, add to that a bad start by Bennett and the crowd getting on his back, add to that poor marking at corners and you'll have many many reasons why we have conceded so many. Perhaps if Lowton wasnt part of the setup and someone like Hutton was still here we'd have conceded even more.

Feel free to ignore logic and rant miserably away.

• Like 2

Played every minute fr us in the premier league after being in league one! Miles better than clogger Hutton for half the price and is probably worth twice as much as we paid for Hutton

Miles better?

59 goals in 32 games would suggest he's not.

And what have we seen more of this season? His wonder goal or his awful defending that led to their equaliser?

Goal of the season no doubt but defenders are signed to defend.

Yeah because Lowton is the sole reason why we conceded 59 goals and Hutton was the sole reason why we managed to concede less last year. C'mon man. 

Of course he's not the sole reason but he's part of a defensive unit that is quite possibly one of the worst this club has ever seen.

Their equaliser show the mistakes he keeps making. A lot of potential in him but all this talk of a great signing is far too premature. Our defenders are their to defend. And most of them don't do it well enough.

And Benteke is part of a poor attacking team (we haven't scored that many goals this season) yet he's been absolutely phenomenal.

Not that Lowton is of the same quality as Benteke, but you have to look at players individually.

Yes and if you did you'd see a player that doesn't help our defence.

Your argument about Benteke is stupid. We can clearly see how many goals Benteke has scored.

As far as Lowton is concerned he has helped our defence. If you'd been watching him this season you'd know that.

And so is your argument about Lowton. We can clearly see that he's been good.

According to Squawka, Lowton has made 0 - that's right ZERO - defensive errors in 32 appearances.

He is the only Villa player on 0 defensive errors.

Even Patrice Evra has made defensive errors (3). Lowton's form is more like Rafael's who has also made 0 defensive errors (in 23 games).

Lowton will be called up to the next England squad.

Don't know what they measure as mistakes but in my eyes he has made quite a few through the season..

No chance he will be called up to England, Johnson is the number one choice and walker is the second..lowton is a long way away from the squad

I see Geoff "Big_John_10" Shreeves is covering everybody's french fries in urine again.

Do you really want this to be a site where someone posts how great everything is and everybody agrees?

Our defence is abysmal. Goal of the season does little to change the fact this is one of the worst defences we've ever had.

You ignore that though just so you can post some happy things.

Well .. Cancel the Rubbish three games : Chelsea , Tottenham and Wigan .. 

And We're somehow same as last year !! 44 Goals !

I'm not saying we're good defensivly but We've been in three years now ! I think one of the main problems is changing players + systems + Managers ..

stick with Lambert and hopefully we could do a better job next year ! 

Don't know what they measure as mistakes but in my eyes he has made quite a few through the season..

No chance he will be called up to England, Johnson is the number one choice and walker is the second..lowton is a long way away from the squad

They'll want to take a look at him so I think he'll get a call up over the summer, if there are any friendly fixtures around then.

They'll want to take a look at him so I think he'll get a call up over the summer, if there are any friendly fixtures around then.

There wouldn't be many alternatives to Johnson and Walker so I think its well within his reach, certainly in the next couple of seasons as Glen gets older.

I think Lowton has been a solid signing, really consistent, has a good shot on him which he shown before now. Also he can cross very well from deep (Gabby's sitter last week). I think he will be a reliable fullback for seasons to come, miles better than Lichaj who we all thought was the answer a couple of seasons ago.

Stats, stats, stats.

On the touchline.

Not to take anything away from his brilliant contribution last night as he scored and also assisted, but that goal against was all him though. Don't know what your stat buddies call it, but he mistimed and slipped his tackle, allowing the winger to do whatever he wanted before the goal. He should have pressed him away and checked his body, but the tackle was the least great alternative and we saw the consequences. But still, he won us the game and that shot was just sublime. Come to think about it, how many spectacular goals have we seen this year? I count zero before this one. A few good shots from Benteke and a good finish from Weimann vs. Man Utd, but the closest was probably N'Zogbia's goal vs. West Ham.

We have a completely new backline this season and 3 of them are very young. They were never going to click and gel straight away at this level. It's no real surprise that we've conceded a lot of goals really is it? Though, it seems like they are starting to sort their stuff out (bar individual errors which all teams make). So let's see how many goals we concede next season, I'd my my mortgage on it that if we keep the same back four they wouldn't concede anywhere near the same amount as this season. Just because some stupid Villa record is being broken doesn't mean we should just sack them off and build a new backline. How about a bit of patience and let them develop? I've seen enough of all of our defenders to see that they can all play at this level (Bennett is the least likely IMO.) But Lowton has been a great player this season, I'm very fond of him and he's a solid right back. He has been part of a poor team, but that's what it is, we've been a poor team all season. We haven't really scored that many goals either, does that mean our strikers are all shite too? We lack goals from midfield, and the defenders lack protection from midfield. It's no surprise that since Delph has started playing better and the introduction of Sylla has resulted in us conceding less. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â