Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Not athletic enough to be a decent defender, but good on the ball and useful going forward.

id throw him in centre midfield, the guy can pass and except Westwood nobody else can. not on the same level at all but watching Lahm do it the other night I dont see why Lowton couldnt be tried

Only issue I have with this is his lack of discipline, his positional sense at RB is ridiculous could you imagine him in midfield.

The only problem I have is that he's rubbish, and if he isn't good enough to command a place as right back, why then shift him into midfield? Has there ever been an occasion when a right back has successfully reinvented himself as a central midfielder?

Whether it's been done before x number of times is irrelevent. If he has the attributes to play there then try him there.

We're hardly blessed with options in midfield. Sylla being the obvious example.

I think he offers an awful lot creatively and would love to see him given a chance in midfield.

He lives in the Mere Green area now. Saw him not so long ago and had a brief chat with him.

He has a rented property in Mere Green which I believe the club own or rent for him, but continues to reside in Sheffield which maybe to the manger and clubs disapproval.

He lives in the Mere Green area now. Saw him not so long ago and had a brief chat with him.

He has a rented property in Mere Green which I believe the club own or rent for him, but continues to reside in Sheffield which maybe to the manger and clubs disapproval.
pedant bit pretty sure he has a house in chesterfield

pedant bit pretty sure he has a house in chesterfield

Sorry yeah correction Chesterfield!

• Like 1

Another point regarding playing him as a central midfielder - we are already playing a central midfielder at right back because of whatever problems are going on with Lowton, I think it would be unfair on that central midfielder (Bacuna). We'd essentially be swapping their roles, all because of whatever is wrong with Lowton. Never going to happen.

Another point regarding playing him as a central midfielder - we are already playing a central midfielder at right back because of whatever problems are going on with Lowton, I think it would be unfair on that central midfielder (Bacuna). We'd essentially be swapping their roles, all because of whatever is wrong with Lowton. Never going to happen.

Could we be playing that central midfielder there because he is better than Lowton in that role?

• Like 1

Really Bacuna is pretty weak defensively himself but has a bit more pace to get him out of tricky predicaments. I still remember the WBA and Fulham games though where Bacuna was horrible in that position.

Really in time Bacuna could become a decent enough midfielder in this league so I'd rather he got as much playing time as possible in there as he's shown potential at times.

Could we be playing that central midfielder there because he is better than Lowton in that role?

Maybe, but my point is that it would be unfair and daft to play Lowton in Bacuna's position, when Bacuna is having to play in Lowton's position already.

I'd rather play Leo in his proper role.

I know what you guys mean re: Bacuna and Lowton. It's really an awkward situation. I think most important is to defend well, therefore I'd rather have Bacuna as RB. But then Lowton is left out of line up. There's no clear solution to me here.

He's just not fast enough or good enough for the Premier league.

I'm surprised it took Lambert so long to work this out.

But he was last season, that's probably why Lambert persevered this season. Remember, Clark and Baker have regularly swapped "good prospect" and "absolutely awful" over the past few years. Last session showed lowton CAN be good enough, but the question remains whether or not he can get back to that level and continue to progress

I know what you guys mean re: Bacuna and Lowton. It's really an awkward situation. I think most important is to defend well, therefore I'd rather have Bacuna as RB. But then Lowton is left out of line up. There's no clear solution to me here.

Solution:

Buy a new right back, keep Lowton as back-up if there is no personal problems and play Bacuna in his proper position.

• Like 1

He's just not fast enough or good enough for the Premier league.

I'm surprised it took Lambert so long to work this out.

But he was last season, that's probably why Lambert persevered this season. Remember, Clark and Baker have regularly swapped "good prospect" and "absolutely awful" over the past few years. Last session showed lowton CAN be good enough, but the question remains whether or not he can get back to that level and continue to progress

Clark and Baker have regularly swapped 'bad prospect' for 'absolutely awful with intermittent chances of 15 minutes per game not being sh*te'

Solution:

Buy a new right back, keep Lowton as back-up if there is no personal problems and play Bacuna in his proper position.

Another Bertrand please, I know.

It seems we're missing something to make this happen....

And I like Bacuna at RB! :)

Edited by AVTuco

Solution:

This absolutely. Was about to post the same, but you got there first.

Matt Lowton will fight for his place at Aston Villa after clear-the-air talks with manager Paul Lambert.

Lowton’s second season at Villa Park has fallen flat with the right-back struggling to repeat his impressive impact from his debut campaign.

There have been several enquiries from clubs about taking Lowton on loan, but Villa and the player himself prefer him to stay and challenge Leandro Bacuna.

Lowton, who signed a new deal last summer to keep him at Villa until 2017, has been left out of Lambert’s last three matchday squads for the draw at Cardiff, defeat at Newcastle and victory over Norwich.

It follows a disciplinary issue in mid-January when Lowton was fined a week’s wages for reporting late for training at Bodymoor Heath after getting stuck in traffic on the M1.

The 24-year-old former Sheffield United favourite was omitted from the squad for the following day’s draw at Liverpool, but regained his place for the win over West Brom, was an unused substitute for the draw at Everton and started the defeat to West Ham.

Lambert insisted last month that he had not fallen out with Lowton and it is understood the defender has told the manager he is determined to regain his first team place.

Last season, during his first year in the top flight, Lowton was a virtual ever-present, starting all but one of Villa’s Premier League matches.

Lowton was critical of his dip in form earlier this season, admitting his performances had not been good enough.

Â