General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we need to strengthen right now or we will have a poor first half of the season.

I also believe we will strengthen before this window closes. I have faith in Lambert and Lerner. Its also the best kind of faith, faith that will be proven true or not within a couple of weeks :)

I have faith in Lambert and Lerner. Its also the best kind of faith, faith that will be proven true or not within a couple of weeks :)

I have very little faith in Lerner, especially after the last two seasons, and doubt anyone else will come in. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Dawson is another good player who is available and would go straight into the team and improve us.

Lol piss off, he is injury prone, made 8 appearances all last season and the quoted price could be as high as £9.5m.

It would be idiotic to sign him.

Lol, piss off.

He had a bad injury last season. So that now means he's useless. Didn't Vlaar have a bad injury a few years back, is he useless?

He's played a key part helping spurs break the top 4 and was good enough to become their captain at one point and win their player of the year.

Also it wasn't that long ago that a decent player named Carlos Tevez said Dawson was the best English defender he'd played against.

Can we please sign more British players who did something good with their career 2+ years ago, I feel like we dont sign enough...yeah I've thought about it and I'd like to sign a couple more of them.

He isnt useless (and I never said so so not sure where you got that from*) but at £9.5m he would be a ludicrous waste of money and he would command high wages, he's a decent player when he isnt injured, god knows if he will come back from it as the same player and he wasn't exactly brilliant anyway.

£9.5m could get us two, possibly 3 players who'd be just as good as Dawson (much better than him if he gets injured again, which is likely).

*You made it up.

@FootballDave01

Villa have placed a 'substantial' bid for Matt Jarvis.

Had never heard of him until yesterday (the twitter guy). Basically a more renowned twitter 'ITK' who has had a few things right, recommended one of his 'sources' who had recently signed up to twitter, who in turn recommended this FootballDave01 as one of his sources. (I dont usually follow any unless they have a few things right but taken a bit of a gamble on these two as theyve been recommended)

@FootballDave01

Villa have placed a 'substantial' bid for Matt Jarvis.

Had never heard of him until yesterday (the twitter guy). Basically a more renowned twitter 'ITK' who has had a few things right, recommended one of his 'sources' who had recently signed up to twitter, who in turn recommended this FootballDave01 as one of his sources. (I dont usually follow any unless they have a few things right but taken a bit of a gamble on these two as theyve been recommended)

Has to be rubbish Wolves want stupid money 10 mill + ?

At that price why not go for Johnson

Nicko, the renowned Blackburn ITK has just said that Blackburn are indeed interested in Warnock and Villa want Cresswell. I asked him directly if there was anything in the Warnock to Blackburn, Olsson to Villa and that was his response.