General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I just can't see why if Lambert only had £8m to spend he blew it so early in the window and almost half of it on a League 1 fullback. All logic points to getting a couple more players in imo

I agrre with you massivley to a point it dosnt make any sense spending it on lowton KEA gr8 signing No high quality signings and im afraid Bent should be exempt from training we cant have him injured and also Vlaar what a player he is

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hoping for some movement soon.

But as always at this time, frustrating to see other clubs links and signings.

E.g Adebayor to spurs for reported £5mill. (yes I know wages)

Ki seung yeung to Swansea £5mill and Pablo Hernandez to Swansea for £5mill. These two players I believe would both improve us, Hernandez especially as could do with another genuine wide man.

So if we can offload Warnock to Blackburn for Olsson, and Hutton to Stoke for Jones (probably with some minimal cash involved in both)... think we'll have made enough of a dent in the wage budget to be able to get in that creative winger/attacking midfielder we need?

I'd like us to bring in (Deals in press atm and one likely signing)

Olsson 2.5m and Warnock

Kenwyne Jones 2m and Hutton

Steven N'zonzi 4m

Matty Philips 4m?

and Set up like this

-----------------Given

Lowton---------------------Olsson

----------Clark------Vlaar

-------N'zonzi

------------------El Ahmadi

--Philips-------------Ireland

--------Bent---- Jones

The space where the winger on the left would be reserved for Olsson to bomb past Ireland and have N'zonzi to slot in at left back if we lost the ball to a counter attack, personally i'd sell Charles N'zogbia but maybe wait til January to see if he can buck up also we may get more for him in Jan as it's silly season!! Would take either Carroll or Kenwyne Jones though!!

Haven't Lambert & Faulkner pretty much said we're done for this window now ?

Or is that a smokescreen ? IMHO we need 4 more players but I just cannot see how that will happen

Or is that a smokescreen ? IMHO we need 4 more players but I just cannot see how that will happen

Lambert hasn't said anything. Faulkner has supposedly tweeted some PR crap about sensible spending, which is one of the catalysts for some negativity on here.

I see QPR have agreed a 5.5m fee for Turner of Spurs. That's our net spend this window so far. Depressing.

Lambert hasn't said anything. Faulkner has supposedly tweeted some PR crap about sensible spending, which is one of the catalysts for some negativity on here.

I see QPR have agreed a 5.5m fee for Turner of Spurs. That's our net spend this window so far. Depressing.

I'm guessing you mean Dawson not Turner and the rumours are it's over £9mil that they're paying....

CI i simply won't believe that Lambert has identified our weaknesses and won't be backed by the board before the window closes. :?

Jarvis, Olsen and Jones would be good.

It wont put us back to where we were but it will make us solid upper mid-table, prpbably top half in cosy old 10th. That would do me for the first step forward.