General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Striker: Andy Carroll

Winger: Yacinne Brahimi

Midfielder: Antony Annan

Left back: Massadio Haidara

Striker - Guidetti

Winger - Johnson & Brahimi (use Carroll money to buy both!)

Midfielder - Kaka :D

Left Back - Anyone!!!!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams who have overtaken us or caught up since Lerner arrived:

Man City (due to finance)

Stoke

Tottenham

West Brom

Newcastle

Sunderland

Fulham

Everton

Those catching us

Swansea

QPR

Reading

Those above us anyway

Man united

Chelsea

Arsenal

When Lerner arrived we had just finished 16th under DOL.

So most of those teams we actually caught and surpassed and then got caught and surpassed by them again.

Why would they loan him out without any intention at all to sell? Just asking. He ain't that young anymore, is he? But after Jenas I'd prefer us not to loan him.

First of all a lb, then a striker, and if there's money left I wouldn't mind a new winger and or a experienced cm. Guess Huddlestone would fit in the last position.

It's because he' not been fit for two years due to an ankle injury and was out for the whole of last season. He was meant to go on loan to the MLS during the summer, but their regulations didn't allow it, so we are looking to loan him out in this country, so he can get fit.

Teams who have overtaken us or caught up since MON LEFT:

Man City (due to finance)

Stoke

Tottenham

West Brom

Newcastle

Sunderland

Fulham

Everton

Those catching us

Swansea

QPR

Reading

Those above us anyway

Man united

Chelsea

Arsenal

When Lerner arrived we had just finished 16th under DOL.

So most of those teams we actually caught and surpassed and then got caught and surpassed by them again.

Fixed that!!!

huddlestone wouldn't do well for us...let him go to Stoke...

i thought people were saying we needed a DM so KEA can have more influence going forward...

Huddlestone is about as mobile as a slug...

we need a terrier snapping at heels...

i think Delph would be much more capable...

but IMO we should have gone for Semedo from Sheff Wed... very under rated player

Speaking of middlemen and in fairness to Delph, I thought he played really well on Saturday. Not only did he avoid crippling an opponent, but he also got a hold of the ball on a number of occassions and drove it on.

The issue however, was that neither full backs provided any width, nobody in the midfield joined in with him, N'Zogbia didn't provide an option and we ran into a brick wall as a result.

That is why its so important that we get a left back and a wideman/attacking midfielder in.

Speaking of middlemen and in fairness to Delph, I thought he played really well on Saturday. Not only did he avoid crippling an opponent, but he also got a hold of the ball on a number of occassions and drove it on.

I agree i thought he was good...

I've always seen him as a wide player coz he aint that great at passing and before the game i was critical of Lambert for being yet another manager to put him in the heart of the midfield...

but he outshone KEA IMO...maybe there is hope he can be our next Ian Taylor :D

KEA and Delph can do all the battling, all the 86% pass rates and look very accomplished all day long, but it will count for nought if the likes of N'Zogbia, Lotwon and others are not offering any links from the midfield into Bent.

I think Gabby has a big part to play to be honest.

So we're happy to cut costs, spend little and just coast along surviving.

Why were people so desperate for Doug to sell up then? Why did people hold those £ signs up?

As for transfers.

There seem to be 2 big names available in Carroll and Johnson. 2 young players, 2 players with points to prove and careers to get back on track.

2 players we should be trying to bring in.