General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but Adam Johnson is a quality player. If he was playing for any other team he would be providing assist after assist. Don't think he'll come to Villa, just another idiot player who can't see past his salary, but he's undoubtedly better than any player currently at Villa.

would he? he doesnt cross or pass to assist. only thing i could think would work on his total would be Bent getting his rebounds or deflections

Agree

Johnson is a match of the day player, swp mkII, they'll show a snip of him megging someone or a nice little flick or turn before he hits a shit cross or tries one trick too many or gets greedy and then even worse (and the reason Mancini doesn't rate him) he's lazy

England game last week summed him up, brilliant on the highlights but anyone who watched the full 90 will tell you he was ineffective for half the game and left walker exposed constantly

If he goes to Sunderland there'll be outbursts left right and centre on here and I really don't see the fuss, the kid who has gone to Liverpool from heerenveen looks a bigger miss IMO

Makoun has passed medical at Rennes ..

I wonder if we do have this policy of getting one out before we get one in due to managing the wage bill, could we see -

Yacine Brahimi for Jean II Makoun?

and/or

Kenwyne Jones for Alan Hutton?

Makoun has passed medical at Rennes ..

I wonder if we do have this policy of getting one out before we get one in due to managing the wage bill, could we see -

Yacine Brahimi for Jean II Makoun?

and/or

Kenwyne Jones for Alan Hutton?

and/or

Kieran Richardson for Stephen Warnock?

I think Richardson only wants to move so he can go back to London. Pretty sure I read QPR were interested in signing him, doubt he'd come to us.

Yes, you may be right. Another club linked with him along with QPR is West Ham, so the motive you suggest may be correct.

Isn't his cousin like a pop star on the London scene

He probably wants to hang onto her coat tails in the smoke for a while

She was in Big Brother, her name is Charley Uchea

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_Uchea

(born 30 June 1985) is an English television personality and model born in Southeast London, England. She was a contestant on Big Brother 8 in 2007. Uchea has previously worked as a lap dancer from Stringfellow's Nightclub and cousin to Sunderland A.F.C. footballer Kieran Richardson.

He still created more assists at Liverpool last season than anyone else, despite being out for 11 games.

Made 11 assists, only 3 from set pieces and chipped in with 2 more goals than Disco word removed facce Stu. Better than any of our midfield and is still only 26.

Have you been reading Moneyball?

So what if he got eight assists from play? For all you know half of them could have been ten yard passes to feet. His general play was atrocious - my Liverpool supporting friends think he's one of the most useless players they've seen at the club. Need I remind you that his performances in the middle of the park (the most important position on the pitch) contributed to one of the most successful clubs in world football finishing 8th in the league, their worst finish for 18 years.

I really don't see how anyone could claim that he's better than any of our midfield. He's like an older, much fatter, much slower Barry Bannan, and

Bannan can't get a start for us. Ireland, KEA (from the little I've seen of him) and Gardner are all better options for us at the moment.

He did well at a small club for a season in the Championship and then one

more in the Prem, and then he moved to a proper club and got found out.

I'm not batting for Charlie Adam per se, but I'm just pointing out that he simply provided more assists than any other Liverpool player. Im not saying anything about the "quality" of the assist, just stating the number. Yes he helped Liverpool to their worst finish in 18 years, but he at least helped them finish as Hugh as they did more than any other midfielder.

My comment about our midfield was to say that none of them had these

stats in them from last season.

As for your 'Liverpool supporting mate', well that means nothing really. We're all Villa fans on here but look at the divide in opinion on Stephen Ireland.

Charlie Adam is clearly better at this stage in his career than Gary Gardner, and performed better at Blackpool than Bannan did when he was there. I still stand by the fact that he created more goals last season than any of our players and is only 26, so not as useless as some say.

Liverpool supporting friendS. Plural. Your point is a valid one all the same, but having said that I really don't think you could find any Liverpool fan who rates Adam.

I should clarify that I don't think Gardner is a better player right now, I just think that we would be better served giving him an extended run in the team rather than signing someone like Charlie Adam.

I'm not surprised he created more goals than any of our players last year. If my memory serves me correctly we didn't actually launch a solitary attack under McLeish.