General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

As others have said Carroll would be a pointless signing he needs service our wide players are gash

Frightening to think that people thought we would be better off with Albrighton and Nzogbia instead of Ash and Downing.

Whats more frightening is that both Downing and Ash (when it comes to the top end of football) are actually quite poor themselves.

Were a billion miles off genuine success at this club, and I think people are slowly starting to realise that in addition to appauling management, the players just simply arent good enough.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Carroll would've been able to do anything yesterday there was absolutley no service what so ever. The lack of width was a horrendous, and niether Holman Ireland or Zog where able to find each other on a regular basis. Wet Spam defended so deep Bent could never get in behind.

I think a player like Berbertov would have been able to make a difference because once the ball is at his feet he can create opening and not give the ball away. Can't say the same about carroll. Gabby would've made a difference yesterday from the left, and Albrighton would have had a great time against a weak full back like McCartney!

With the rumours of Adam Johnson in talks with Sunderland it makes me angry that MON didn't sign him for us instead of Downing for what would have been half the price.

And yes, I did say that at the time.

He's hardly featured for them in fairness and they have world class players to compare him to. He's not a worldie but he is a class above anything we have in that position

In total agreement Richard and would give us more of a cutting edge.

I also think it would be a signing of intent and might just show other players we might be targeting (Carroll and Dempsey) that we are finally a club back on the up again.

Gabby was sorely missed yesterday, Gabby and Bent are the only real proven quality in our attack. Ireland hasn't proven shit, 3 assists and 1 goal all season in all comps last season and suddnley the guy is essential, what a load of bull! Gabby had 6 goals and 5 assists. Now if you said losing Ireland for Phillips and Berbertov I would love that! AJ is overrated by many on here, hes a 5-6 million player not a penny more but the quoted price is in the region of 10 million, no thanks!

As others have said Carroll would be a pointless signing he needs service our wide players are gash

Frightening to think that people thought we would be better off with Albrighton and Nzogbia instead of Ash and Downing.

Whats more frightening is that both Downing and Ash (when it comes to the top end of football) are actually quite poor themselves.

Were a billion miles off genuine success at this club, and I think people are slowly starting to realise that in addition to appauling management, the players just simply arent good enough.

who on earth thought allbrighton and nzogbia would be better than ash and downing :shock:

Tony Barrett of the Times is claiming we've agreed to sign Carroll AND Adam on loan from Liverpool

Carroll yes, Adam is just a fat Barry Bannan so not arsed about him.