General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I do know is that we need a few more players in, with at least a couple being good enough to start. Our current starting line-up simply isn't good enough and we have a severe lack of depth. One week to go until the start of the season and I'm a bit concerned to be honest...

To be honest I think we will see a Lb, Cf and Cb this window with then a Cm and Winger in Jan!
I'd rather a lb, cf and wide player

Tbh I'd prefer that mate, but didnt James Nursey reakon we wern't after a wide man atm? Or do you know something? ;) (Matty Philips?)

GK: Given-Guzan-Marshall

DF: Dunne-Clark-Lowton-Lichaj-Warnock-Baker-Hutton-Vlaar

MF: Herd-Ireland-KEA-Albrighton-Bannan-Gardner-Holman

FD: Bent-Gabby-Weiman-Fonz-N'Zogbia

I think going of the pre-season games that PL sees N'Zogbia as more of a striker, considering we have been playing very narrow in midfield.

What i want/expect is a LB and a midfield enforcer to sit behind Bannan, KEA and Ireland.

So we can line up against West Ham:

Given

Lichaj Vlaar Clark New LB/Warnock

New DM/Herd

Bannan KEA

Ireland

Bent N'Zogbia

I think we will be going with what we have got unfortunately. I just don't believe we have the money available to go out and sign the players that people are hoping for, or buying for the amount of positions they are hoping we sort out.

We're done for this summer. It's been fairly good though.

My team for West Ham would be based on a blend of old guard / new and kids so -

----------Given-------------

Lichaj Vlaar Dunne Warnock

Ireland KEA Clark Holmann

-------Bent N'Zogbia--------

Didn't want to pick Dunne or Warnock but we are where we are

I think we will be going with what we have got unfortunately. I just don't believe we have the money available to go out and sign the players that people are hoping for, or buying for the amount of positions they are hoping we sort out.

Seriously, you think?

I don't want to dampen the feel good factor of Lambert joining, but you have to admit IF we don't add any more faces this window, then it will have been a pretty shit set of transfers considering what we had hoped for/expected/need!

I'm not taking away from who we've brought in (I actually think that they are all good aquistions) but it's not enough - neither from a quantity nor quality point of view.

I refuse to belive this is it, that this is the team Lambert is going to sport this season. It'll be a disaster

We desperatly need new and better players if we're not gonna end up in the relegation scap yet again.

Problem is we don't just need new players for the squad, we need new players that will walk straight into the starting 11 and that cost money.

The back 4 is just as week as last season, the midfield is filled with decent players but lack quality and bite and if Bent get's injured we won't score...

We all hope Lambert is the Messiah , but if we don't sign at least a very good defensive mid and a quality left back even him walking on water and will help, we'll sink

im not quite as pessimistic as that...

if this is our squad for the season i believe PL will still see us comfortably safe, not top half but safe....

our squad however is ridiculously short of quality though...all areas of the pitch still need addressing...

far too many IFs and uncertainties for my liking when it comes to players performances....

the only player i can safely say will produce the goods for us when fit is Darren Bent...and that is based on proven quality who even under shit managers has still performed...

the rest are either young, terribly inconsistent over the past two years, shit or new to the league....

if this is our squad then it is going to be a long but ultimately safe season

I refuse to belive this is it, that this is the team Lambert is going to sport this season. It'll be a disaster

We desperatly need new and better players if we're not gonna end up in the relegation scap yet again.

Problem is we don't just need new players for the squad, we need new players that will walk straight into the starting 11 and that cost money.

The back 4 is just as week as last season, the midfield is filled with decent players but lack quality and bite and if Bent get's injured we won't score...

We all hope Lambert is the Messiah , but if we don't sign at least a very good defensive mid and a quality left back he won't be able to walk on water and we'll all sink.

It took Lambert 3 years to build us up, be patient guys eh?

We all hope Lambert is the Messiah , but if we don't sign at least a very good defensive mid and a quality left back he won't be able to walk on water and we'll all sink.

It took Lambert 3 years to build us up, be patient guys eh?

Yeah, but this time he's starting the build up in the Premier League, not in the Sunday League. We have to hit the ground running

It took Lambert 3 years to buildm us up, be patient guys eh?

^

This

Rome wasn't built in a day.... this could take 2,3 maybe even 4 transfer windows to get us sorted! Lambert wouldn't have come to us is we didnt have sufficient funding for players! There's still plenty of time left in this window to get a few players in I'd say 3 players in and we would be well clear of relegation...

I'd say we are in a FAR better position this season than the last two seasons staff wise, we have a manager the players respect and WANT to play for, this can only breed confidence and a will to play for the shirt, the manager and win games!!

Seriously, you think?

I don't want to dampen the feel good factor of Lambert joining, but you have to admit IF we don't add any more faces this window, then it will have been a pretty shit set of transfers considering what we had hoped for/expected/need!

I'm not taking away from who we've brought in (I actually think that they are all good aquistions) but it's not enough - neither from a quantity nor quality point of view.

Couldn't agree more. How people could be happy if this is it is beyond me.

We are in desperate need of a LB and some attacking players.