General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why on earth would Milner look to leave them ? He played a fair amount for them last season, still got England call ups, a wedge of money each week and he won things with the promise of more honours to come that he can be a part of.

So seriously why would he want to leave ?

You're probably right Richard and I'm probably being a little naive in my thinking, but I always got the impression that Milner was the type of player who wanted to play week in week out. I also think he was pretty rubbish at the Euros and I think he thought so too. He did play last season, but not as much as he would like and I think he would put a lack of game time down as a major reason as to why his international performances have suffered. He hasn't been playing as well as he can for Man City either.

Milner didn't feature at all in the run up to the end of the season. Once every game was must win he was dropped, Milner isn't dumb he would have taken the hint that Mancini didn't believe him good enough to assist in their title challenge. If Man City are looking to strengthen midfield yet again then Milner is surplus to requirements. He's a football player that loves to play so he won't be happy bench warming even for top money.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY can't see Milner leaving Man City.

But! I'd love to have him back here, and place him next to El Ahmadi in our central midfield!

Why do people keep listening to/quoting/following someone who clearly isn't what he claims to be.

Because changing the thread title to:

"General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter but not from anyone who tends to talk crap on twitter only trustworthy ones"

is a bit of a mouth full

According to Billy Bullshit on Twitter

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

James Milner has told Manchester City he wants to leave the club this summer. #mcfc

The thing with that statement made by ITK transfer is this:

If he does leave City, he can boast and say he was correct

If he doesn't leave City, he can make up an excuse that City declined his application to leave.

He thinks he can cover up any potential blunders. Such a spastic!

Nonetheless - Would LOVE Milner back at B6!

We were linked with Fletcher. A Fletcher is the name given to a person who makes arrows as a profession.

Then today Milner was mentioned, although not linked to us. A Milner is the name given to a person who makes hats as a profession, although I always thought it was a Milliner myself.

From arrow maker to hat maker in a day.

I apologize if this is american ignorance, but what the blazes does that mean?!?

A fletcher makes arrows. We were linked with Fletcher yesterday. A milliner makes hats. I made a pun :P Being 'linked'*(sic) with Milner today.

* not really

I don't know why we keep going down the Milner path, he ain't coming back, his wages are astronomical. He's won a Championship medal, why exactly would he come to us for?

Sitting out and watching his side win the league without him probably wasn't a nice feeling. Yes he's won the league sat on his ass, but Milner is happiest playing football and if he's the player I think he is he would take a pay cut to play regular football again.