General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

There are plenty of good strikers around the world who would be gettable for half of what Carroll would cost us. Don't ask me to name names but that's what we pay our scouts for isn't it?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSC would be free surely and relatively low wages ?
Not only would he not be free and most certainly not be on low wages (year to run on his big money Citeh contract, which he'll be all too happy to just run down for the £££), he's been gash for the better part of, what, 4 years now? 4 years in which he's bagged a whopping 14 goals. You could not find me a barge-pole long enough with which I would be willing to touch Roque Santa Cruz.

Not to mention that, his first season in the premier league aside, his highest tally for an entire season, including all competitions, at any stage of his senior career is 8 goals (or 5 in the league alone)

He is basically a much more expensive Marlon Harewood.

The price of lower league players is atrocious at the minute. The figures being touted for this Cresswell lad & Rhodes just seem crazy considering what they've done. In fairness to Wenger he got that Jenkison lad for a million quid.

The price of lower league players is atrocious at the minute. The figures being touted for this Cresswell lad & Rhodes just seem crazy considering what they've done. In fairness to Wenger he got that Jenkison lad for a million quid.

not that bad for cresswell really. hes a main player at a club that is still something like the 5th or 6th richest lesgue in europe, he signed a contract extension only last year snd the fee also reflects potential. 4-6mil is not so expensive in those terms. If he only had a year left then we might get him for 2mil.