General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feyenoord_160x600.jpg

He looks the face of Feyenoord.

£6m - £8m seems a bit steep. According to twatter, that is the fee.

I would say that's pure guess work based on the fact that not one of these people mentioned anything about his visit to VP today, but now they're suddenly all over the transfer fee....?

Actually, "guess work" is being polite.

ex Dutch player and coach Bert van Marwijk is also tweeting about the visit/possible deal
Care to share what was tweeted buddy?

sure thing, below with translation

Bart van Merwijk ‏@bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in gesprek met Aston Villa. Ik weet niet wie daar scout is, maar die was tijdens het #EK2012 op vakantie, begrijp ik. #vlaar

Bart Merwijk @ bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in talks with Aston Villa. I do not know who's scout, but that was during the # EK2012 on vacation, I understand. # Vlaar

Could be a good signing if it comes off. Possible leader on the pitch in the absence of Petrov. Could take the reigns in a season or two.

Slightly concerned that too much of our squad will consist of players from another league. Is that a good or bad thing do we recon, as I would imagine they will be 'first teamers'?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we are signing these sorts of players.

Slightly concerned that too much of our squad will consist of players from another league. Is that a good or bad thing do we recon, as I would imagine they will be 'first teamers'?

Well last season our squad consisted mostly of players from these shores and with experience in English football and we were pony from start to finish so....

ex Dutch player and coach Bert van Marwijk is also tweeting about the visit/possible deal
Care to share what was tweeted buddy?

sure thing, below with translation

Bart van Merwijk ‏@bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in gesprek met Aston Villa. Ik weet niet wie daar scout is, maar die was tijdens het #EK2012 op vakantie, begrijp ik. #vlaar

Bart Merwijk @ bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in talks with Aston Villa. I do not know who's scout, but that was during the # EK2012 on vacation, I understand. # Vlaar

Thanks mate :)

It's official.

Transfer news‏@Transfernews123

Ron Vlaar is in talks with Aston villa . ‪#AVFC‬

lol

First i've see of it. He must be ITK for sure :lol:

It's official.

Transfer news‏@Transfernews123

Ron Vlaar is in talks with Aston villa . ‪#AVFC‬

lol

Hahaha... Next up will the the other Twitter ITK's saying its all bollox, hedging their bets encase it don't come off!!!

Well last season our squad consisted mostly of players from these shores and with experience in English football and we were pony from start to finish so....

True, but what percentage of that was down to crap players and having McLeish in charge?

I do enjoy Dutch football so not that fussed about them coming in, just thinking about the whole chemistry/balance type thang. To many changes and all that jazz... What's people thoughts?

True, but what percentage of that was down to crap players and having McLeish in charge?

I do enjoy Dutch football so not that fussed about them coming in, just thinking about the whole chemistry/balance type thang. To many changes and all that jazz... What's people thoughts?

A lot was down to McLeish but some of the players simple aren't good enough or have bad attitudes and in some cases both are true.

I see your point but we could and perhaps should have gone down last season so change is needed. As for chemistry/balance we had none last season so I can't see these changes having a negative impact personally.

Change is exactly what was needed.

I have my doubts about a dutch CB. I remember Freddie Bouma who used to play CB in Holland - saying he wouldn't be able to play that position in England - because the threat in the air in the prem is significant - where as in the dutch leagues not so much.

I have my doubts about a dutch CB. I remember Freddie Bouma who used to play CB in Holland - saying he wouldn't be able to play that position in England - because the threat in the air in the prem is significant - where as in the dutch leagues not so much.

Might be more to do with the fact that Bouma is only 5ft 11.

After last season, there cannot be enough change

Absolutely agree.

I recently posted a Man City squad list, of which only Hart, Richards, Lescott, Barry, Milner and Johnson were in or around their 18 on a regular basis.

If you're good enough it doesn't matter where you're from.

Vermaelen seems to cope well enough.