General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

When I got to the stadium today and saw how low the stands were, I thought straight away Collins won't handle this

Sure enough I'm pretty sure his "shot" cleared the stadium

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After today's game it's clear our squad is in need of frightening up. We need a creative CM and a striker as well as a LB and CB. Another winger would also be good. Thought all 3 debutants were solid today.

We have a creative midfielder in Stephen Ireland he just happened to be unavailable.

Also what do you mean by frightening up??

Oops. I meant freshening up but my bloody predictive text decided otherwise.

Ah that makes more sense!

The quality of opposition makes the game very misleading but i thought our defence were very assured and safe today even Collins who actually played some nice football today.

I don't think Hutton is Premier League quality and I'm sure i saw Warnock have one of his usual lapses in concentration again today so unless Lambert is hoping Lowton can step up straight away i'd definitely agree we need a new LB.

I really hope Ireland can become a creative force this season.

When I got to the stadium today and saw how low the stands were, I thought straight away Collins won't handle this

Sure enough I'm pretty sure his "shot" cleared the stadium

Yeah it did...

I think you're being pretty unfair on him though, his passing was pretty good today, the one long pass he tried was straight to the player and it must have been at least a 50 yard pass. If we were to keep him i would hope Lambert can get him to step up a level.

Lambert mentioned he'd be interested in Andy Carroll on SSN apparantly.

I'd love Andy Carroll here.

I read Carroll doesn't want to play for Villa....

Why on earth would he say that? He's got no reason for not wanting to play here as far as i'm aware.

I would like Carroll as he's a good player and better than what we have. Having a big man up front does encourage the rest of the team to hoof it up to him which is probably why Brendon Rpgers wants him t.

Maybe we could sign a player who can take a set piece as well? Oh heady days...

I'm sure Nzog can take set pieces. I think we really will see what a good player he is next season. Last season can be written off for the whole team and that includes the likes of Hutton. Every single one of those players are better than what last year suggests. The whole mood around Aston Villa last year was enough to zap the belief out of any player.