General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would hope for Sturridge on a loan.

No thanks.

A loan deal just prepares a player for someone else long term. And it puts one of our own down the pecking order in the process

I'm 100% against any/all loan deals involving premiership clubs. With the silly money knocking about there's just no need to loan players anymore

Either buy them or don't

Absolutely. I really think the loan system should be scrapped, or at least radically changed.

All it does is favour the biggest clubs, who have enough going for them as it is.

Players should have to think carefully who they sign for. No more of this "Oh, well, if I don't make it into Barca's first team I can just get loaned out somewhere."

If we loan anyone without the option to buy it is Pointless as we found out with Walker.

How is it pointless? this makes no sense at all.. Yes It would be great to have an option to buy, obviously a better choice in the long term.. But even if that loan signing maybe won us some games, purely by his goals, then I would like to think the loan would have been worth it.. e.g. Robbie Keane.

If we loan anyone without the option to buy it is Pointless as we found out with Walker.

How is it pointless? this makes no sense at all.. Yes It would be great to have an option to buy, obviously a better choice in the long term.. But even if that loan signing maybe won us some games, purely by his goals, then I would like to think the loan would have been worth it.. e.g. Robbie Keane.

I'm hoping we are in a better position than we were when we signed Keane on loan. I think our new manager should be looking towards the future and building something . A stop gap signing like Keane on loan is not moving us forward IMO.

I'm hoping we are in a better position than we were when we signed Keane on loan. I think our new manager should be looking towards the future and building something . A stop gap signing like Keane on loan is not moving us forward IMO.

Yeah your not seeing my point though, he was a loan signing withOUT an option to buy and he did brilliant for us, so I agree that Loan signing with an option to buy is far better.. I would still take someone on loan without an option to buy.

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

Got impression no big spending spree at #AVFC on cards but more shrewd slightly under-radar signings due when Huts, Collins & War prob go.

I don't want us to waste money and just splash it on names but I also don't think it's acceptable for Randy to have another summer spending little on new players.

After the last 2 seasons and his awful decision making, he owes us and after finally getting a good manager he needs to back him fully.

Yeah your not seeing my point though, he was a loan signing withOUT an option to buy and he did brilliant for us, so I agree that Loan signing with an option to buy is far better.. I would still take someone on loan without an option to buy.

And what I'm saying is I wouldn't like to see the manager sign a loan player w/o an option to buy . I'd rather leave them.

He is reliable but as Shillzz said, "get the impression" means he hasn't been told squat and he's just coming to his own conclusions. Obviously he's a professional and his opinion may hold some value but it doesn't mean we won't spend big if the correct player comes along. It also doesn't mean that we won't get a fair few players in either.

As always we will just have to wait and see. I do agree with him that I think we'll be looking to sort some 'outs' before our next 'in' though.

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

Got impression no big spending spree at #AVFC on cards but more shrewd slightly under-radar signings due when Huts, Collins & War prob go.

I don't want us to waste money and just splash it on names but I also don't think it's acceptable for Randy to have another summer spending little on new players.

After the last 2 seasons and his awful decision making, he owes us and after finally getting a good manager he needs to back him fully.

I do believe the spending is very much on an if you need him we'll get him basis, so if Lambert goes to Lerner and says I need 7 new players and 4 of the old squad are leaving this is why I need these players Lerner will ready the cash..

Look they've only just returned to training, Lambert will have ideas, I think the defence needs reshaping but the rest just need to improve performances, if PL could get N'Zogbia firing, it'll be interesting to see his line-up on Sat.

I feel for Burton Albion I really do.. Normally friendlies like this are a pretty even affair despite the complete gap in quality between the two, but I get the feeling Burton Albion are going to come up against a Villa side where all 11 players on that field are vying to impress Lambert, it could be a massacre.