The hierarchy of International Football

Voinjama

These were the seedings for the 2014 World Cup qualification draw:

Pot 1 - Spain, Holland, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece

greece and norway in top tier of world football as they are no.1 seeds ;)

Norway in pot 1. They havent qualified for a tournament since Euro 2000

They didnt even make the playoffs for the Euros or the last world cup.

Very strange.

This

dont understand the criticism of Platini by calling him stupid. he has tried to make Champions League more competitive and this idea is probably just that but could give a lot more fans a chance to watch the games

A Euros accross Europe, I can see it now.

platinieuro2020.jpg

Exactly that. I'm sure France would be alloweds a few extra games, including the final.

I just think spreading it all over the continent would take something special away from having just the one or on occasion two host countries, also it's been bad enough for the players having to fly between two countries during these championships but what about the fans?

I wish some plague would wipe out FIFA and UEFA.

It woud become impossible for fans. Between the travelling and cost people could not do it. I am considering going to Euro 2016 now.

As you say, it would also take something special away from it.

It is going full circle. When the Euros was only 4 or 8 teams clearly the world cup was bigger and better. Then the Euros were better when they had 16 teams, and now the world cup will be better again with all these silly changes, or potential changes.

Norway in pot 1. They havent qualified for a tournament since Euro 2000

They didnt even make the playoffs for the Euros or the last world cup.

Very strange.

This

Indeed. In fact, surely the other team England beat pre-2012 are far more deserving (Belgium).

I would have Denmark over Greece as well.

i can see every final being at wembley IMHO

this move is because the euros struggled to shift high priced corporate tickets, you now put matches in the biggest cities to guarantee the biggest prices, all the while claiming some utter bullshit that theya re doing this so that more fans get to watch the games

the simple answer is despite warsaw and kiev no doubt generating decent cash poznan, gdansk, lviv etc cant generate anywhere near as much as games in milan, barcelona, madrid, paris, amsterdam

UEFA will make an absolutely shocking amount of money if this is succesful

Wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia-Azerbaijan get Euro 2020. FIFA/UEFA both seem to be on a mission to get far-flung places to host tournaments. South Africa 2010, Poland/Ukraine 2012, Russia 2018, Qatar 2022.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia-Azerbaijan get Euro 2020. FIFA/UEFA both seem to be on a mission to get far-flung places to host tournaments. South Africa 2010, Poland/Ukraine 2012, Russia 2018, Qatar 2022.

far-flung? world doesnt revolve around UK

Never said it did.

Perhaps far-flung isn't the right word (although it would definitely apply to Poland/Ukraine). What I meant was that they seem to be intent on having tournaments hosted in countries that have never hosted a tournament before. Unfortunately most of these countries aren't very well equipped to host a major football tournament. Take the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids for example. For both of those the worst country for hosting the tournament won.

Never said it did.

Perhaps far-flung isn't the right word (although it would definitely apply to Poland/Ukraine). What I meant was that they seem to be intent on having tournaments hosted in countries that have never hosted a tournament before. Unfortunately most of these countries aren't very well equipped to host a major football tournament. Take the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids for example. For both of those the worst country for hosting the tournament won.

To be fair I think most of the stadia are already in place in Russia, while Qatar is just too awash with money not to be able to build the required infrastructure in time. I don't think inexperience will be a problem.

Hooliganism aside, Russia should be a cracker, lots of passionate fans there so there will be no lack of noise. Qatar on the other hand will probably be a bit more...subdued.

Â