The hierarchy of International Football

Voinjama

Secondlt TRS-T how can you put England as 'tier 1' on the same level as countries who have won the world cup 4 or 5 times. Or countries who have 3 world cups and 3 euros. Or countries who have the world and euro titles at the same time. They are currently and hstorically on a higher level. England are at the 2nd level.

Spain and France have only got 1 World Cup - the same as us.

Spain and France both have 2 Euro wins each too.

I'll get a lot of stick for it, but I also think people are massively overrating Spain. I think Holland have been better all-time.

Perhaps their recent dominance has clouded peoples judgement. I think overall Holland generally do better in tournaments then Spain, but Spain have won 3 trophies to Hollands 1.

Spain and France have only got 1 World Cup - the same as us

though you rate Uruiguay with 2 and current South American champions as below these 2

Uruguay is a tricky one.

Could be tier 1 or tier 2.

I think the 18-22 year olds coming through now are better then the previous England players who will soon be departing. So we may see England in the world cup final in Russia 2018. But I think other countries also have top players coming through especially Germany, Argentina and Holland.

Yes it's basically like:

Brazil, Germany

Italy, Argentina

France, Spain

England, Holland, Portugal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uruguay, Russia, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Japan, USA, Mexico, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egpyt etc

That makes sense, considering international football is basically what boxing would be without weight classes.

Size does matter and Portugal and Holland are punching way above their weight.

These were the seedings for the 2014 World Cup qualification draw:

Pot 1 - Spain, Holland, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece

Pot 2 - France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia

Pot 3 - Switzerland, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary

Pot 4 - Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, Lithuania, Albania, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Poland

Pot 5 - Armenia, Finland, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands

Pot 6 - Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

Well Spain are now in another final. 3 finals in a row. If they win I would say they are now the 3rd most successful European team overall behind Italy and Germany. And also if they win they would equal Germanys record of 3 Euro championship wins.

Van Marwijk has resigned as Netherlands manager.

I'll be very interested to see who is going to succed him, hopefully we'll see a return of exciting, creative football.

Oh the Netherlands were exciting, for the wrong reasons. Defensively so open the other team could just attack, attack, attack and gets loads of shots.

Whats with the leaked documents anyway? About Van Der Vaart and Heitinga.

I hear McLeish is looking for a project :P

And he's nailed that Dutch style :)

Oh God, what if hey went for Shteve?

"Yesh... great opportunity... World Cup qualifiers... Turkey? Eshtonia?"

Â