The hierarchy of International Football

Voinjama

Denmark had the Golden Generation in the 90s with Michael and Brian Laudrup, Helveg, Schmeichel and to an extent Rieper, and some other players who came after 1998 World Cup such as Jörgensen.

I'd say in the 90s and 2000s Denmark have had better teams than Swizerland.

Well borderline for a short while, thats why Real Mardid snapped him up at the time when they were signing Galacticos every year.

He was good, not great. The Real Madrid signing was a "he has gone where? moment for all involved, much like when AC Milan decided to buy Luther Blissett.

Not sure where else to put it.

Switzerland's Xhaka admits to intentionally botching goal scoring chance against Albania - because he feels Albanian

If he feels so Albanian, why did he not choose to play for Albania? :?

I presume this is the chance in question. I'd hope the incident is just a storm in a teacup, he is young (19) and is Swiss purely because his family were displaced by war. If I were his manager I'd just remind him about professionalism, I certainly wouldnt hang him for it and I think the incident was caused by an almost unique set of circumstances. I dont think there is any question of corruption here.

Well borderline for a short while, thats why Real Mardid snapped him up at the time when they were signing Galacticos every year.

He was good, not great. The Real Madrid signing was a "he has gone where? moment for all involved, much like when AC Milan decided to buy Luther Blissett.

still doesnt compare to Real signing Julien Faubert

Denmark or Switzerland, who is the better footballing nation and why?

Denmark. They frequently qualify for the major finals and usually get out of their group.

Apart from the 2006 world cup, I can't recall another occasion in recent times where Swiss have done this so there's the answer I think.

• 7 months later...

Good. I can't stand the man. He and his cronies have ruined the world cup. We need to go back to the days of having the world cup in countries that actually care about football, give Europe at least 14 places at the world and have an actual ball that the players can control rather then those flyaways they have been using recently.

Denmark had the Golden Generation in the 90s with Michael and Brian Laudrup, Helveg, Schmeichel and to an extent Rieper, and some other players who came after 1998 World Cup such as Jörgensen.

Small correction. Denmarks golden generation were in the 80´s: 
Olsen, Arnesen, Lerby, Simonsen, Elkjaer, M. Laudrup, etc.

Nothing special about the 90´s except 2 brothers, a goalie and a freak result.

Small correction. Denmarks golden generation were in the 80´s: 
Olsen, Arnesen, Lerby, Simonsen, Elkjaer, M. Laudrup, etc.

Nothing special about the 90´s except 2 brothers, a goalie and a freak result.

I understand you are Danish, so you know a bit more about Danish football then me, but what exactly did Denmark do in the 80s? not much. In the 90s you won the euros and impressively got to the quarter finals in 1998 too, pushing brazil close.

Â