Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Yet another average player unfortunately. Haven't been impressed with him at all. Probably does just enough to start in our midfield but that is more of a reflection on our strength in that area rather than the player himself.

He seems to bring energy at least and that's something we need. Apart from that though, there is not much to his game.

I remember we had the chance to counter attack but he tried a silly backwards back heel and lost possession. What also frustrates me is that he rarely hassles the opposition, letting them just stroll right past him. Needs to massively improve.

Lot of standard VT rubbish slagging this player off. Having a pop at him because he slipped? come off it.

Agree that yesterday he had a bad game though - still seen enough of him to rate him.

Personaly think the pace of the prem has just caught up with him at the minute. Think he is a very good player, but just has nobody around him to compliment his game.

He plays very well with bannan but delph almost gets in his way.

Physically he looks like he needs to bulk up a bit or hit the gym. He gets knocked off the ball so easily and his tackling carries no punch.

I'd be more inclined to sign a player like that to play alongside him rather than expect him to change. I still think he is a more than decent footballer.

I think KEA is better in a 3 or 5 man midfield. Asking him to play along Delph just has us too light. He links up well, but I think PL's asking a lot out of him by playing him as a part of the 2 in a 4-4-2

Had a poor game yesterday, gave the ball away too easily.

Still think he is a decent player, but he needs some players who can tackle around him.

It doesn't help that he is finding his feet in what is shaping up to be a relegation battle either.

I think with two or three decent midfielders our league position would be looking a lot better

- the midfield area has been getting continually worse for three years.

Would be better alongside Herd with Ireland in front of him I think. It doesn't work with him and Delph.

Yeah, would prefer any combination of Ireland / Herd / Clark / KEA in midfield above

Delph, Albrighton, or Bannan who are simply not good enough for this level.

At least it would add some physical presence and tackling ability, if not mobility.

Of all our midfield, KEA is the one on a different wavelength. Watch how many times he passes AND then moves immediately into a space for the easy return pass. I don't see that from anyone else in our midfield.

That said, he's not a bruiser and he appears more defensively minded. He should be what our back 4 are looking to pass to the majority of the time and building a plays through him. Seems Delph is playing that role, too - which is making our midfield lack a cutting edge.

I'd play him instead of delph and bring in an attacking centre midfielder in more of a diamond midfield formation. If Ireland is still injured, then what about Gardner?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is rather strange that everytime a played is discussed on here, he is always crap because he is not playing with the right player around him. That goes for the other player too, who is also really good except for the fact that the player next for him is not the right one. Good players can adapt and play their game no matter what, although against the better teams we need certain constellations to break up excellent players like Ramires or Toure.

I think KEA has potential, he is alright, but to say he is awful because this or that player did play beside him is nonsense. He was awful because he didn't get a grip on the game himself, not because Delph was there.

Â