Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

See I don't agree that he was not that good yesterday. We were playing a very narrow four man midfield against a team playing with five in the midfield, so it was going to always be tough to pull off passes and realistically quite a few wouldn't come off. But I think having said that, him and Delph did just fine together running the central midfield, especially in the first half.

Didn't complete a lot of his passes yesterday, had a bad game by his standards.. But you can't play amazing every game. Just hope he plays better against Spuds.

He is still settling in the PL, he needs time. Just like a lot of our new players. Give them time.

He completed 90% of his passes yesterday :?

Didn't complete a lot of his passes yesterday, had a bad game by his standards.. But you can't play amazing every game. Just hope he plays better against Spuds.

He is still settling in the PL, he needs time. Just like a lot of our new players. Give them time.

It seems some DEMAND perfection :winkold:

It seems some DEMAND perfection :winkold:

Ahh, then I take it back. Sorry should have done my research.

I admit I was wrong, which is not something people do a lot on VT.

He's key to how we're trying to play. I've not once seem him just aimlessly hoof it. He's always looking to pass. I think if we lose him to injury we'll see just how much we rely on him. He's a bit like Petrov in that respect. Not rated by many fans and not noticed in games all that often but he's the one that makes things tick.

I didn't think that yesterday was his best performance for us but he did OK baring in mind our midfield was outnumbered 5 to 4. He wasn't that good against Southampton but then no one was. Overall though I think he has been an excellent signing as things stand, he's a quality player.

3 million quid is top notch business. Especially given we've spent as much as £8m on exceptionally average midfielders like Reo-Coker.

Was worrying timid is his play yesterday...needs to get stuck in a bit more and not be afraid to move into deeper offensive positions where he can clearly score some goals.

Wasn't exactly a prolific goalscorer for Feyenoord so can't him scoring too many here. Not his game, in my opinion his quality is breaking up play and always being available for a pass.

That's just it, I think his movement wasn't great yesterday. He didn't take any opportunities to advance off the ball, and even a holding midfielder should be willing to get forward when the chance is there.

He's key to how we're trying to play. I've not once seem him just aimlessly hoof it. He's always looking to pass. I think if we lose him to injury we'll see just how much we rely on him. He's a bit like Petrov in that respect. Not rated by many fans and not noticed in games all that often but he's the one that makes things tick.

This.

Reckon hes a modern day Des Bremner

Well looks like hes going to be nailed on for the season, he and delph simply cant start a game together again.

They win absolutely no ball in the air, win none on the ground and offer no protection to the defense...which is strange as they both sit so deep...

Neither of them gets forward and support (Holman today) and the gap is too big in midfield which leaves us get walked through.

If KEA is going to be the one to play we have to buy a ball winner in January because we cant go on like this. We have seen it against southampton and now spurs both in the second half were teams get to grip with the formation and find loads of gaps.

I dont know whether to lay the blame with lambert or KEA for the second goal but KEA had sat deep on delph for the whole game and then the second delph went off, KEA left the space THEY had been occupying empty for Dempsey to pick up the ball and feed Lennon. Its too easy.

I'm not saying KEA was the worst today but I am saying that him and his midfield partner is integral to our problems at the moment. In the match thread I mentioned someone like Diame (obv not available in jan) but I feel this is the only player type that will give us a stable midfield with KEA in it. Our players arent technically good enough to play without a ball winner like the Man Uniteds of this world.

KEA is expected to do a little too much really - he is perfectly capable of tackling, he made quite a lot of interceptions yesterday and also tries to get forward, whilst being the player that most of the passing goes through at some point.

He's been really good for us so far though and a bargain considering how little we paid for him.

Absolutely not - the substance is that he completes pretty much all of his passes, he makes interceptions and tackles well. He's been great for us so far.

I am amazed how anyone can say "He's been great for us so far". Give me an example of his outstanding play. What I saw a lot on Sunday and in previous games was a lot of short passing, frequent losses of possession, and very few if any pin point passes over 20 yards.

I agree he needs more time & could develop but it is ridiculous to claim he has been "great”

I am amazed how anyone can say "He's been great for us so far". Give me an example of his outstanding play. What I saw a lot on Sunday and in previous games was a lot of short passing, frequent losses of possession, and very few if any pin point passes over 20 yards.

I agree he needs more time & could develop but it is ridiculous to claim he has been "great”

I bet you used to say the same thing about Gareth Barry - like him, Karim is not a 'highlights' player and doesn't do anything particularly flashy because that's not his job. What he does do is actually incredibly important for the midfield - he always offers an option for his teammates, keeps possession ticking over and helps to build attacks. To say that he frequently loses possession is frankly bollocks - his passing percentage this season is 85.5%

I bet you used to say the same thing about Gareth Barry - like him, Karim is not a 'highlights' player and doesn't do anything particularly flashy because that's not his job. What he does do is actually incredibly important for the midfield - he always offers an option for his teammates, keeps possession ticking over and helps to build attacks. To say that he frequently loses possession is frankly bollocks - his passing percentage this season is 85.5%

Where have I referred to him being a "highlights" player?

You're deluded if you think there is a comparison with Barry. Barry was much stronger on the ball, very strong in the tackle, often played a pinpoint pass, could make driving runs etc - he was not a flair player but KEA isnt in the same league.

85.5% pass rate is meaningless if 99% of them are 5-6 yards. As regards my claim that he loses possession, frequently was the wrong word but I have seen all the games this season and he has lost the ball on a number of critical occassions often because he dallied on the ball.

Rather than claiming I am talking "frankly bollocks" why do you think he is "great" & howabout some examples of his greatness

Â