Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Very deceptive running style, looks like he is going to get caught by the opposition but then extends his stride and BAM in space. Had good vision and knocked some excellent balls with the outside of boot....will still be a step up when he plays in the premiership so can't put too much pressure on him just yet.

Apparently looked the business today. If he is that good does anybody know how we managed to pick him so cheap? nearing the end of his contract maybe?

As I understand the club has just come out of financial troubles and his wages were an issue and they knew they could not afford to keep him when his contract was up next year.

I think we've got a bargain, was quality today and although you can say it's only burton he was technically very good and looked a much better footballer than all of our players with premier league experience. My only worry with him is it good take a while for him to adapt to the speed of our game

I say put Makoun next to him and let the likes of Gabby, Ireland, Bent and Zgog get forward. Both midfielders look good on the ball and like a challenge. I'm the sure the defence will be grateful to have a solid pairing in front of them too.

Can just see KEA threading some sweet balls in to Holman/Zog/Bent/Gab.

The best player for KEA without a doubt is going to be Ireland (unless we sign another good CM)

You dont think Makoun is a good CM?

Can just see KEA threading some sweet balls in to Holman/Zog/Bent/Gab.

The best player for KEA without a doubt is going to be Ireland (unless we sign another good CM)

You dont think Makoun is a good CM?

Forgot about Makoun, hopefully he'll be a bit better this season. However from my own conclusions, I've seen more of Ireland that has impressed me than I have seen from Makoun. I'll let him prove me wrong, but atm i'd stick with Ireland. At the end of the day its Lamberts choice and if he thinks Makoun deserves to play as our CM with KEA then so be it :)

Â