North Stand TV Screen Returns!

Rob182

Villa's giant North Stand video screen is returning next season.

Club officials have elected to bring back the popular matchday feature, after extensive consultation with fans via supporter consultation groups and season ticket holder focus groups.

It was removed originally as part of an overall program to improve certain aspects of Villa Park.

The new video screen will be approximately the same size as the original although it will be located slightly lower than its predecessor.

Official Site

PLUS! Designated smoking section in the Upper Holte. Uncle Randy is crumbling to fan pressure time to ask him for another couple of favours!!

about time now i can actually use the toilets without smelling of smoke

Thank god for that! Sitting in the Middle Trinity next to the current Holte screen is a right pain... Checking replays keeping an eye on other scores and having to turn away from the action! Ok granted it didn't matter last season :oops: but at least it will be back in it's place for Everton. Looks like with the World Cup failed bit, economy and shrinking crowds the big man upstairs have used his head and isn't going to waste the money!

Good news. I recall it was originally mentioned (not sure if was actually 'promised') at one of those supporters group meeting thingys, months and months ago. I'm another in the middle of the Trinity who has great difficulty in seeing the current screen.

- having just scanned the post on the OS, will this actually lower the capacity? I can't recall from memory, but from the looks of that mock up picture, they're plonking it right on top of some seats in the very corner, rather than on top of the NTL Lounge, or whatever that thing used to be called.

Same here Andy. I didn't really miss it last season because we didn't have it the season before, but it was still annoying when you heard everyone going 'Oooohh!' after watching a replay...

PLUS! Designated smoking section in the Upper Holte. Uncle Randy is crumbling to fan pressure time to ask him for another couple of favours!!

Never understood why smokers get treatments like this, their own areas. One of my favourite habbits is to inject melted mars bars into my neck whilst Im drinking.....where's my designated area??

Same here Andy. I didn't really miss it last season because we didn't have it the season before, but it was still annoying when you heard everyone going 'Oooohh!' after watching a replay...

Lets be honest it wasn't exactly a regular problem last season with dickhead in charge was it lol :-)

Never understood why smokers get treatments like this, their own areas. One of my favourite habbits is to inject melted mars bars into my neck whilst Im drinking.....where's my designated area??

If there are a few of you, maybe you could get together and petition the club for a mars bar injectors area.

You wouldn't need your own area as injecting mars bars into your neck isn't banned anywhere in the ground to the best of my knowledge. Smoking is.

as far as i am aware smoking is not actually illegal in the ground because its not an enclosed public space

smoking in sporting arenas across the board i believe is illegal - enclosed or not

and thanks to martin o'neill for giving back the big screen that he has had in his living room for the last couple of years :D

St.Andrews.

We turned down the Olympics for no reason.

It is far more hassle than its worth, none of the stadia are going to be making a significant amount of money.

Â