SPECULATION: Daniel Ayala,Robert Snodgrass,Matt Phillips

Villan4Life

mirror

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert is set to make a double raid on Norwich.

Lambert wants central ­defender Daniel Ayala as well as striker Grant Holt from his former club.

He is also keen to snap up Leeds ace Robert Snodgrass and Blackpool forward Matt Phillips as part of his Villa Park revolution.

Lambert has given Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner a list of targets to steer the club away from another relegation battle.

With a transfer fund of around £20million, he knows he must find value for money

In three years Daniel Ayala has made 37 appearances, been sent out on loan to Hull and Derby whilst at liverpool and spent 95 percent of last season in the physio's room. Doesn't fill me with any confidence or excitement tbh but I'm sure PL knows more about him than I do and at least it looks like we're focusing on younger players and not washed up journeymen.

He is only 21 though, viewed as having loads of potential, has been very unlucky with injuries and I'm assuming we can get him very cheap on not so high wages.

Guessing Norwich will play nastily though if we are in for him.

Phillips and Thomas Ince, little rough round the edges but both are exciting talents, worth a gamble on for a few million, Will get bums off seats when they run with the ball, we haven't had many players recently to excite.

Agreed.

Philips is class, as is snodgrass, don't know much about the Ayala fella though. I really hope if we're going for lower league prospects we go for Jordan Rhodes, the guy looks like a natural born striker and Im pretty sure he'll make it in the Premiership

would be pretty happy with those three signings :)

Matts Phillips is a A.Young esc winger/ forward who will take on defenders, Ayala's pretty solid and he's only 21 so he could improve an Lambert knows him so not a bad signing and Snodgrass is a pretty damn good winger!

UTV

If we're going to be spending most of our budget on championship players then our new manager is going to be taking an awful risk with our available finances.

It's ok to risk one, but three is a risk too far in my book.

Just hope we don't have another manager whos going to waste more money on average players who are no better than what we already have?