No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think there is something fishy here. Even possibly a red herring..

What's there to decline if there wasn't an offer?

Why the rather crytic answer to the press?

He usually is a very straightforward guy, but he really had no reason to not say what they decided to do. And furthermore, a post on the Norwegian villaforum suggests that there is more to this story than what has emerged so far, whitout being very specific, but claims to have a good source.

I'm not giving it the old I told you so...

It's just sad people can't accept that he's decided the stay after speaking with the owner and his family. Have you seen where he lives FFS? He won't be resigning from anywhere. Take it at face value because it's the truth.

Stop looking for desperate justification to hide your disappointment.

This was confirmed by Aston Villa's press officer, Bryan Doogan.

What was also confirmed is that you're a word removed that needs to **** off and go to bed.. If we want to continue to talk about this on a **** discussion board we will. Now will you kindly go away or contribute something worthwhile.

So Tim, I know you may not give away your sources, but how did you find out before everyone else? And are you 100% sure because nothing official has come from Villa, Molde or OGS yet?

Confirmed by a source in Norway and I knew the game was up when it was stood up by someone at Villa. As a rule, football clubs don't tend to like to put official lines out about this kind of thing. Molde may well do something but it will be along the lines of OGS putting everything in the past etc.

MOTHER ****. We TURNED HIM DOWN? IS FAULKNER **** THICK? He's got 90 percent of the fanbase crying out for this appointment and we didn't bother? I don't buy it. Just don't buy it one **** inch. Like last year, either Lerner is the professor of cunnilingus or the greatest c_nt we've known. How to alienate your fanbase, AGAIN.

Yes, I'm over reacting. I await the real stories to come out. I **** hate this shit, year after year after year. (OK, minus 2007-2010)

I'm with everyone else... Brian Doogan would surely feed the info to BBC/SSN before the Norwegian press? Not only that but there are NO actual quotes from ANYONE regarding this.

SSN's also reported that Solksjaer had turned us down before and got it completely wrong only for other journalists to follow suit. I'm hoping this is the situation with Solksjaer for the pure fact that if we don't get Lambert or Martinez...we're ****!

I imagine Brain Doogan probably said (if anything) "There has been no offer made for Ole and he has a family to think about" and it's got lost in tranlation (again!)

I will await to hear his interview after training tomorrow and go from there - Gazton/Fourth_Official... I hope to god you are right!

UTV!

I'm with everyone else... Brian Doogan would surely feed the info to BBC/SSN before the Norwegian press? Not only that but there are NO actual quotes from ANYONE regarding this.

SSN's also reported that Solksjaer had turned us down before and got it completely wrong only for other journalists to follow suit. I'm hoping this is the situation with Solksjaer for the pure fact that if we don't get Lambert or Martinez...we're ****!

I imagine Brain Doogan probably said (if anything) "There has been no offer made for Ole and he has a family to think about" and it's got lost in tranlation (again!)

I will await to hear his interview after training tomorrow and go from there - Gazton/Fourth_Official... I hope to god you are right!

UTV!

Where do you think FA/Kendrick got their info from on Villa's side? Clearly we've been briefing journos that he's not coming, it hasn't had to be translated.

Not that I'm clutching at straws (OK, I am!), but why is this Bryan Doogan adressed as "English Premier League spokesman" in the snippet from ITV?

Can anyone confirm that this Doogan fella in fact represents AV?

Head of media for past 3 years.

Thanks, DK.

This is how I see it right now....Anyone would be pretty stupid/optimistic to think it is still likely to happen. But on the other hand until we hear official confirmation from someone at either end we cannot be 100% sure.

And with that I am off to bed, hoping to wake up to some news, any sort of news just so we can clear everything up and sort out what to do next.

So Tim, I know you may not give away your sources, but how did you find out before everyone else? And are you 100% sure because nothing official has come from Villa, Molde or OGS yet?

Confirmed by a source in Norway and I knew the game was up when it was stood up by someone at Villa. As a rule, football clubs don't tend to like to put official lines out about this kind of thing. Molde may well do something but it will be along the lines of OGS putting everything in the past etc.

MOTHER ****. We TURNED HIM DOWN? IS FAULKNER **** THICK? He's got 90 percent of the fanbase crying out for this appointment and we didn't bother? I don't buy it. Just don't buy it one **** inch. Like last year, either Lerner is the professor of cunnilingus or the greatest c_nt we've known. How to alienate your fanbase, AGAIN.

Yes, I'm over reacting. I await the real stories to come out. I **** hate this shit, year after year after year. (OK, minus 2007-2010)

Islington = my new best friend :)

I'm not giving it the old I told you so...

It's just sad people can't accept that he's decided the stay after speaking with the owner and his family. Have you seen where he lives FFS? He won't be resigning from anywhere. Take it at face value because it's the truth.

Stop looking for desperate justification to hide your disappointment.

It's just a bit strange that this is coming from just one norwegian source (TV2) and it seems everyone is just jumping on that quote without asking important questions, like who the hell is this Doogan fellow and why is he speaking to TV2 and no one else.

Please stop talking complete shiit then, instead of living in some fantasy land. Don't take it out on me that he isn't coming :lol:

Funny though because I wasn't fussed about him anyway.

You couldn't even get his initials right.

It takes a special kind of person to lecture about sadness and embarrassment when they can't even get three letters right.