No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder how OGS will feel when he wakes up in the morning...

To our journo watchers the two flights from Bridgetown are due into Gatwick at 0510 and 0546 in the morning.......

Moyes coming back from his Hols ??

I thought that I read that Bob Martin was down there.

Then again, Sandy Lane is probably overflowing with footie people at this time :)

Gutted

But always expected something like this to happen deep inside

Sadly, i'm not buying into this famil reason either. That would've ruled him out right at the start if it'd been true

1. We've either dithered too long and the blokes thought '**** this, i'm burning all my bridges on the off chance'

2. We have offered him a contract/deal and he's thought it not fit to sign

Same old **** story. Just when you get a slight spring back in your step and a whiff of excitement, you can always bank on the Villa to extinguish it before long

Depressed knowing it'll be some safe, boring, uninspired appointment

All very strange....

A Norwegian reporter asked OGS tonight if he had turned the Villa job.

OGS responded: "we will talk about this after training tomorrow"

Don't read into it too much. All he will say is, i wasn't offered the job, but i pulled out anyway for family reasons. I don't really think there will be any surprises with this one. People just looking for any little hope now. Just let it go.

This reason is bullshit.

I think either Villa got approval from no.1 target and we said thanks but no thanks Ole and hes covering it up.

Or hes knocked us back because hes gotten a massive pay rise (most likely).

If we hire a manager in the next day or two.. it is option 1.

Option 2 if it drags out.

This.

Its dead - the only possible way is if Randy can't get anyone else - and throws loads at him - but highly unlikley -Lamberts gone as well.........

KMAC doesn't look so stupid now does it !

All very strange....

Mike its easy done but I think we are starting to over scrutinise everything. A journalist throws a question at him and he says it will be discussed in what would be a scheduled press conference after training tomorrow as Molde have a game coming up. It seems a fair enough reply to me. He was also never offered the job.

All very strange....

Don't read into it too much. All he will say is, i wasn't offered the job, but i pulled out anyway for family reasons. I don't really think there will be any surprises with this one. People just looking for any little hope now. Just let it go.

I have nothing to "let go" and do not in any way feel bereft... I am simply reporting what was said

We'd have to appoint AVB to compensate for the deflation of the fans. Gutted.

How would that compensate ?

A manager who couldn't even get a team of megastars playing ...

He'd be a complete disaster at Villa with what we have

This is why I wanted OGS. Young, used to working with kids and a budget and with an emphasis on playing attractive football

Add to that his knowledge of the English game and his personal achievements in it. He ticked every box for a club like ours (IMHO)

All very strange....

I have nothing to "let go" and do not in any way feel bereft... I am simply reporting what was said

That's why i said "people" i wasn't referring to you in any way.

Are people going to get over their screaming teen fantasy now?

Don't get me wrong, I'd have been happy enough with Ole but he's really not the standout candidate for the job at all. Now let's concentrate on getting that man - Paul Lambert - in as quickly as possible.

Something just doesnt add up here. For OGS to come out and say he would like the job and then a couple of days later say actually I'm staying where I am because I dont want to unsettle my family seems a very strange sequence of events. Whatever the clubs say he's burnt his bridges with Molde from talking to us in the first place.

If you notice once the story broke tonight all the usual suspects in the media jumped on the back of it - there are no quotes from anybody it's all guesswork. I can't see him changing his mind or talks breaking down that dramtically - remember mcleish was going to be given money so I'm certain the new manager will be.

We may end up not getting him, but I don't think its as dead in the water as the clueless media are making out.

We'd have to appoint AVB to compensate for the deflation of the fans. Gutted.

How would that compensate ?

A manager who couldn't even get a team of megastars playing ...

He'd be a complete disaster at Villa with what we have

This is why I wanted OGS. Young, used to working with kids and a budget and with an emphasis on playing attractive football

Add to that his knowledge of the English game and his personal achievements in it. He ticked every box for a club like ours (IMHO)

But he doesn't tick every box. Has he ever managed players with huge egos? A poor squad of players deflated after an awful season? Does he know how to prepare us against a team like Man City or Spurs? He's vastly inexperienced.

My main issue would have been his knowledge of players to sign. I think he'd be clueless at knowing which players we should go for.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have been happy enough with Ole but he's really not the standout candidate for the job at all. Now let's concentrate on getting that man - Paul Lambert - in as quickly as possible.

At the present time we're pretty much a sideways step for the likes of Lambert, Martinez and Rodgers.

It's up to Lerner to convince them that we've got the financial muscle to push on and that we are going to head in the right direction. Otherwise we're prettty much **** and will be looking at the likes of Grayson, Bruce, Mick and KMac...

This!!

All very strange....

Mike where did you see this reported mate?