No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I notice the same ones who didn't want GH are the ones who are against OGS, hoping OGS gets a chance people aren't trying to force opinions from the start.

To be fair I was anti Houllier but I'd love OGS to be our next manager.

I don't think they came more anti-Houllier than me and of the names mentioned so far OGS is definitely my preferred candidate

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of?

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

This is pretty much what I thought when I first heard the rumour.

Then I actually WATCHED the video...Then I read this thread with posts written by Norwegians and other followers of OGS's career, which were universally complimentary of him...Then I had a look at what people were saying in Norway about him...Then I read what OGS himself said about Aston Villa...And by then I'd changed my mind completely.

This is NOT "Some muppet" we're talking about here. This is a man who inspires almost unanimous admiration wherever he goes and whatever he does in football, a man referred to by some in Norway as a "national treasure".

If Aston Villa is ever going to inspire anybody ever again, we need to be taking a chance on somebody before the CL clubs come calling. The person to take a chance on is somebody with impeccable football pedigree, likeable personality, winning record, knowledge of the transfer market, and perhaps most importantly, ability to read a game of football from the touchline. OGS is exactly this man, imo.

Amen to that.

Lerner can't close.

What? His Mouth? His Door? His Window?

He ain't that useless surely?

Lol... Lerner can't Close OGS :P

I don't understand what this means...

I think the last person we brought in in the strength of a video was Savo, wasn't it?

Look how that ended. :winkold:

I did hope for once we would get a sensible and progressive manager in, not the sort of off-the-wall shot in the dark that RL seems to enjoy so much.

Lerner can't close.

What? His Mouth? His Door? His Window?

He ain't that useless surely?

Lol... Lerner can't Close OGS :P

I don't understand what this means...

I think he means Lerner has teeny tiny eentsy wintsy bollocks, about the size of an ant's thorax.

C'mon Father Abraham, what is your gut feeling? Will it be Ole?

Like the majority on here I'm positively desperate for Ole...It would also generate a massive wave of optimism throughout the club.

Certainly, I've seen how the fans are massively behind this appointment and communicated to Villa what a popular choice this would be.

C'mon Father Abraham, what is your gut feeling? Will it be Ole?

Like the majority on here I'm positively desperate for Ole...It would also generate a massive wave of optimism throughout the club.

Certainly, I've seen how the fans are massively behind this appointment and communicated to Villa what a popular choice this would be.

Well done my good man. :thumb:

I'm addicted to this thread! Not read another thread since coming from holiday on thur! I haven't even touch the off topic section. Though had enough of **** gingers nutters on the AM thread :?

Father Abraham knows the score. He can feel free to give us a wave as well.

Also, what about sellyoak? I know he hasn't posted on here in ages but he's definitely ITK.

He just gets told what they want to tell him just like the other official gossips

They clearly don't want any official gossiping on this issue right now

If anything, I probably err too much on the side of caution with the information I get rather than just stick it out there.

Time to gatecrash this thread fellow Villa fans. OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of? IIRC correctly wasn't Brian Little sold up the river & **** over by a video montage of Savo Miss a lot scoring sensational goals in a mickey mouse league only to then go on threatening the moon with his finishing once he arrived at VP. Savo actually made barn door Heskey look like Jimmy Greaves!

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Seriously, I would be less disappointed if we hired Steve Kean, Terry Connor or Kermit the Frog ahead of OSG. And YES I would much rather we should have kept McLeish absolutely anyday of the week over the unproven OSG.

Before leaving this thread, just to let you know that I would only be happy with Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert of those managers who have been linked to the post. Both have proven that they can take on a club, build it up & move it forward.

Getting Swansea & Norwich in the Premiership is like winning the Champions League with Villa.

That my friends should be our ultimate ambition & not fawning ridiculously over some muppet whose heart lies at Old Trafford!

OSG? NO NO NO!

I didn't make my mind up on the basis of a YouTube video. As a player OGS was very tactical. My mates and I have often said that he would make a great manager. You then see that fergie was desperate to get him as a coach and offered him a role instantly. That in my mind stood highly, the success he has since had (albeit at a lower level) helps my opinion.

As for keeping McLeish or getting Kean you must be on a wind up!

Why should Albion or Wigan have him to test him out first? As has been mentioned before, Mourinho, Wenger, AVB were all relatively unknowns and were given high jobs. Look how well they did.

Father Abraham knows the score. He can feel free to give us a wave as well.

Also, what about sellyoak? I know he hasn't posted on here in ages but he's definitely ITK.

He just gets told what they want to tell him just like the other official gossips

They clearly don't want any official gossiping on this issue right now

If anything, I probably err too much on the side of caution with the information I get rather than just stick it out there.

Sorry Tim, should have removed the line about you, my comment referred to Mr Franks AKA SellyOak Villa not you, you are a journalist not a fan, there is a clear differentiation there.

Just saw a Southampton fan tweet that he hopes we get OGS cos we'll go down. It retweeted it, give him abuse! ;)

No need to give him abuse, he's a Southampton fan that should be enough for him.

Edit: Hi Mr Trees, Hi Gazton.

Hello :)

Nothing has changed since my last message on the subject, my guy has been told OGS is our new manager.

Just saw a Southampton fan tweet that he hopes we get OGS cos we'll go down. It retweeted it, give him abuse! ;)

No need to give him abuse, he's a Southampton fan that should be enough for him.

Nothing has changed since my last message on the subject, my guy has been told OGS is our new manager.

Thank you for coming on and letting us know. :)

Very glad to hear this. I really really really hope you're right.