No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I don't think Martinez would get us relegated, but conversely I don't think he'd transform the club which is what we really need right now.

Martinez/Lambert = evolution. OGS = revolution.

Agreeed, OGS is hugely ambitious.

He has been saying for some time now he wants to manage in the premier league. Villa are a massive club in need of complete reform.

He will be ideal for us. Last thing he wants to do is mess up the opportunity that Villa WILL give him. I say WILL for a number of reasons... Villa know they messed up on AML. He was unpopular from the start. Even if he got top half of the table a lot of Villa fans would stay away in protest. OGS is hugely popular with the sane Villa fans :lol:

In addition, Villa have obviously already shown a liking to him. We have little or no evidence they are even considering others outside of what MM and Kendrick say.

He gets my vote. Exciting. Young. As much of a risk as anyone else. Viva Le Villa.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to see who OGS would bring in as his backroom staff and also how the links with United would benefit us. It tends to be that previous United players get plenty of loan players from Fergie to test out which can be beneficial.

Jesus.

Is he in the frame?

I'll get Youtube on..

see what his footballing philosophy is 8)

Late late"back from the dead" comebacks? p 3 days of "Fergie Time"

i'll root out my "messiah" t shirt from the MON days

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft

Got a phonecall right after @talkSPORT chat from a footballfriend saying: #avfc candidates: Lambert Martinez Solskjær - Lambert FrontRunner

Every few hours or so I check this thread obsessively, hoping that the thread title has been changed to "Confirmed: OGS Manager." Hasn't happened so far and it's frustrating :|

A bit like the McLeish thread in reverse.

I know Lambert wouldn't be a bad appointment but I'd be bitterly disappointed if we passed up the opportunity to get OGS and got him instead.

Yup me too.

OGS will end up in the Premier League eventually, i'd rather it was us to take the risk.

I know Lambert wouldn't be a bad appointment but I'd be bitterly disappointed if we passed up the opportunity to get OGS and got him instead.

With me its the other way around. But i can see why people like the thought of OGS.

Just think with the mess we are in at the moment with the squad lambert would be the better option.

Lamberts record so far is outstanding.

I cannot see how any unbiased person with any knowledge of football would rate OGS higher than Paul Lambert. It’s illogical.

With me its the other way around. But i can see why people like the thought of OGS.

Just think with the mess we are in at the moment with the squad lambert would be the better option.

See this is what I mean - we need somebody who will ship out the likes of Warnock, Collins, Dunne and Hutton and I'm not sure Lambert would do that. Also, you just know he'd buy Grant Holt.

Just stuck £5 on Lambert at 8/1. I'm going to win money now if either Lambert or OGS get the job.

I understand that people want the element of risk and of excitment after two years of boredom and going backwards but seriously we cannot have failure now . If OGS is appointed and fails we have relegation, if he succeeds we have higher mid table.

If Lambert is appointed and fails we finish no lower than we did last season IMO. He succeeds and we have higher mid table or even higher.

At this stage in the club's "development" we do not need another Graham Turner. We need another Graham Taylor mark 1 to come in and sort out the mess and build the club up again. It may be boring for some, but IMO Lambert gives us that GTMK1 solution