No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Martinez would more likely get us relegated than OGS....IMHO

Can i ask you why mate?

this opinion must just be based on a gut feeling surely...

because Martinez has shown consistently he can keep a team in the premier league...

I would genuinely like to know what OGS has that Martinez hasn't which would mean he would more likely relegate us

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i ask you why mate?

because Martinez has shown consistently he can keep a team in the premier league...

I would genuinely like to know what OGS has that Martinez hasn't which would mean he would more likely relegate us

In his 3 years at Wigan the most points he's got is 42 I think? The other 2 years less than 40. His teams only seem to come alive the last ten games for some reason. If he's that good why cant he do it all season long?

Can i ask you why mate?

I know what Martinez has that OGS has not.

Premier League MAANAGEMENT experiance

I don't think Martinez would get us relegated, but conversely I don't think he'd transform the club which is what we really need right now.

Martinez/Lambert = evolution. OGS = revolution.

The biggest risk with Martinez is the amount of work needed in order to get us playing his way. There would probably be a considerable period of re-adjustment in order to come around to his way of thinking. If that period became too long and we suffered badly in the interim then it might end in disaster. Though if it did work it would be great. So yeah I see him as a bigger risk than Ole or Lambert, but I would still be happy with any of the 3. Martinez probably 3rd of the 3 though.

@JanAageFjortoft What I said on @talkSPORT to @TSKeysandGray was that I am 100% sure OGS will take the job if offered. GutFeeling(90%) he will be #avfc boss 
It's that "IF offered" thing now, isn't it?

The biggest risk with Martinez is the amount of work needed in order to get us playing his way. There would probably be a considerable period of re-adjustment in order to come around to his way of thinking..

But BOF shouldn't this apply to OGS?

i mean after watching that video we are all saying how much he loves pass and move and possession footy...

isn't this just the same as Martinez?

or dya think OGS will more readily utilise the direct longball more that is suited to out players?

My thoughts:

I don't think there was anything more than a preliminary interview with OGS, it went well, there was a 'thank you, we'll be in touch'.

I'd be happy with OGS or PL. Martinez doesn't seem to be able to motivate his team well enough throughout a season, so I hope he's not in the running, although I think he'd do well at Liverpool.

I really hope it's not RDM. His recent short-lived success shouldn't hide the fact that he didn't exactly rip up trees at WBA.

I'd be very happy with PL, but I'd be slightly disappointed that we didn't take a chance on OGS, whose appointment would generate a lot of good will and positivity between the board and fans, causing genuine excitement at the slightly unknown way it could go. Personally, I don't think there's a lot of risk involved. The players here stayed up even with the negativity from McLeish and the fans. He has plenty of experience of managing in the PL watching Fergie and he should adapt straight to it.

So, in short, yes please to OGS, happy with PL, disappointed with any of the other mooted candidates.

From H&V: Krulak has tweeted 'blown out by OGS, but are we downhearted?NO!"

There are 2 Krulaks on Twitter.... neither one is approved or whatever the blue tick means..... I'm calling bullshit. On both.

Ah, those English idioms. What does "blown out" mean, really? Is it like "blown off", only harder? Or is it simply a comment on the whole OGS thing exploding in media?

One of the things which makes me not keen on Martinez, is that you get the impression he doesnt mind losing, as long as his teams lose in the right way (if you know what i mean). I can't imagine him going into the dressing room and giving someone a bollocking if they aren't performing to standard they should be. Where as I think Ole would.

Jesus.

Is he in the frame?

I'll get Youtube on..

see what his footballing philosophy is 8)

Late late"back from the dead" comebacks? p 3 days of "Fergie Time"