No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I just wondered what else you could be doing with your life? :D

Maybe the last encumbant*? Thats a reason to not just go and grab someone.

Why do you try and personalise things? Its called having a memory and I remembered you were against it. Every time you pick up against CI its because you've remembered his other posts.

Fair enough.

I commend your memory and willingness to trawl or search back through previous posts in order to make a point of my change of opinion in this case. I should feel special rather than spooked that you are willing to focus so much attention on me.

As for CI, as I think I said above, I usually just ignore his posts for the reasons already stated.

For the record, if there is an outstanding candidate that fits the clubs criteria, then I still maintain you go and grab him while you can. Why bother with interviews if you know who you want?

In this instance, we have three outstanding candidates that fit our criteria. Therefore, rather than grab the first one through the door, it makes sense to interview all three and work out which one wants it the most and has the best vision for the club within Randys constraints.

That is my opinion at this time and as circumstances change, it may well do too. Feel free to point that out to me as you see fit! 8)

What are you on about? Its not about making a point, I was just asking why you'd changed your mind? Which you just about manage to answer just a shame you have to have little digs.

Its not a case of trawling its a very simple word search that involves 'macanally' and 'interview' in order to ask why you had changed your mind.

Not sure why you think I am focusing "so much attention" on you or the need to feel "spooked" when I have only asked one question of you over what must be weeks and weeks maybe even months. I think its clear though that you will continue to think you are "special"

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the attractive things about the villa job this year maybe is the chance to extensively renovate the squad without the encumbrance of having so many overpaid semi retirees on the list. Which would suggest that there would be money to spend and the chance to bulls a squad in the managers own image so to speak.

Just a theory.

I just wondered what else you could be doing with your life? :D

Maybe the last encumbant*? Thats a reason to not just go and grab someone.

Why do you try and personalise things? Its called having a memory and I remembered you were against it. Every time you pick up against CI its because you've remembered his other posts.

Fair enough.

I commend your memory and willingness to trawl or search back through previous posts in order to make a point of my change of opinion in this case. I should feel special rather than spooked that you are willing to focus so much attention on me.

As for CI, as I think I said above, I usually just ignore his posts for the reasons already stated.

For the record, if there is an outstanding candidate that fits the clubs criteria, then I still maintain you go and grab him while you can. Why bother with interviews if you know who you want?

In this instance, we have three outstanding candidates that fit our criteria. Therefore, rather than grab the first one through the door, it makes sense to interview all three and work out which one wants it the most and has the best vision for the club within Randys constraints.

That is my opinion at this time and as circumstances change, it may well do too. Feel free to point that out to me as you see fit! 8)

Someone responding to comments on a forum...well I never!

Come on mate, he's clearly had you with your pants down here. We all do it; say something without really being sure we believe it, then contradicting ourselves later.

Just admit it rather than making out Houlston is some kind of weirdo for having you up on it!

Was at VP yesterday for Sunday lunch noticed Norwegian TV filming there not sure that means he is coming or not .

I think by Friday we should know who it is and it's out of 3 people the positive thing is I think the fans will give whoever time and a chance without the pressure of being top 6 .

Following ONeil was always going to be difficult 6th and less cash with a tired squad then season after arguably our 2 best players leave it was even worse ? Then we stay up by the skin of our pants god awful football same old rocket polishers playing up so new bloke can come in clear the dead wood out build a platform . We only need to finish mid table and be a bit more positive and it will bed him for a challenge season after .

Whilst it's frustrating because we want somebody in now and I would ike OGS I think it's right that they take their time interview the candidates and make sure we do get the right person this time .

Was at VP yesterday for Sunday lunch noticed Norwegian TV filming there not sure that means he is coming or not .

I think by Friday we should know who it is and it's out of 3 people the positive thing is I think the fans will give whoever time and a chance without the pressure of being top 6 .

Following ONeil was always going to be difficult 6th and less cash with a tired squad then season after arguably our 2 best players leave it was even worse ? Then we stay up by the skin of our pants god awful football same old rocket polishers playing up so new bloke can come in clear the dead wood out build a platform . We only need to finish mid table and be a bit more positive and it will bed him for a challenge season after .

Whilst it's frustrating because we want somebody in now and I would ike OGS I think it's right that they take their time interview the candidates and make sure we do get the right person this time .

Who do you believe the 3 candidates to be? OGS being 1, clearly.

MYSTERYMAN, I know you don't want to say too much....BUT please for my sanity tell me that one of those 3 IS NOT Di Matteo.....

Thanks MM.

Do you know the identity of the other two?

If yes, could you share it with us (or just me perhaps)? Fully understand if you don´t...

Thanks MM.

Do you know the identity of the other two?

If yes, could you share it with us (or just me perhaps)? Fully understand if you don´t...

Behave.

MYSTERYMAN, I know you don't want to say too much....BUT please for my sanity tell me that one of those 3 IS NOT Di Matteo.....

No I don't know who they are talking to other than Bruce and McCarthy were never ever considered :!: I didn't know about OGS until Trees was spot on then had it confirmed . They are well aware of his popularity but won't knee jerk a decision and are adamant that they want to interview others and won't make any statement on OGS until that has been complete . They like the fact the press are making wild guesses and its keeping cover for them allowing then to fly under the radar RDM is interested in the Villa job there is a poster on here who won't come out but he is spot on with his ITK but not sure if Villa favour him or not . I am not convinced they do , personally .

I also think Matt Kendrick is probably more ITK than the rest of the Journalists , Lambert is not liked by the National lot apparently difficult to deal with .

the positive thing is I think the fans will give whoever time and a chance without the pressure of being top 6 .

This is why getting the Villa job would be a good situation for Solskjaer:

1) The vast majority of fans are going to welcome him with open arms.

2) At the same time, few people will have massive expectations in terms of immediate results. People will see it as a point where we turn a page and try to build something new. After last season, just steering clear of the relegation zone and playing some half-decent football would be enough for at least a season.

I hope we get a chance to see what he can do.

For me, I think it's between OGS, Lambert and Martinez.

Out of those, I REALLY want OGS. I think if the fans give him 2-3 years and NOT jump on his back he can do a great job for us. WHOEVER takes over, the first season will be the most difficult, just hope the fans give them time.

No I don't know who they are talking to other than Bruce and McCarthy were never ever considered :!: I didn't know about OGS until Trees was spot on then had it confirmed . They are well aware of his popularity but won't knee jerk a decision and are adamant that they want to interview others and won't make any statement on OGS until that has been complete . They like the fact the press are making wild guesses and its keeping cover for them allowing then to fly under the radar RDM is interested in the Villa job there is a poster on here who won't come out but he is spot on with his ITK but not sure if Villa favour him or not . I am not convinced they do , personally .

I also think Matt Kendrick is probably more ITK than the rest of the Journalists , Lambert is not liked by the National lot apparently difficult to deal with .

Cheers MM

I hope and think OGS will get the job. The other two I guess are Martinez and Lambert. But I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get AVB, for some reason. Just my pure guessing from MM's little info and other stuff we've been served through different channels.

Has TheTrees given any info on Randy's plane this morning?

Tucked up in the U.S.

He normally arrives early on Monday or Tuesday, so I wouldn't expect to see him until tomorrow now.

Mind you, my opinion is that he doesn't need to be here. He has had a face to face meeting with the new manager, and they have no doubt outlined each other's vision in that meeting. All there is to do now is negotiate a contract, and Mr Lerner pays people to do stuff like that.