No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Although i feel i have been coaxed into the excitement of a young unproven manager by watching the video and seeing everyone else's excitement i am a little reserved too.

I can't let the fact that he is managing at perhaps league 1 level with some part timers as members of his playing squad. It is an awfully big step. Not saying it isn't possible for him to come in and work wonders but he also has an awful playing squad to deal with.

It is not going to be easy to offload some of the rubbish on our books even as free transfers as their wages are cost prohibitive for most sides.

So not only is he unproven but also has a mammoth task of stripping the squad and trying to buy layers that fit with his idea of how he wants to play.

I think the big question is Randy going to finance a complete overhaul?

All the players in the top flight in Norway are full-time professionals, and so is most of the players at level 2. The wages aren´t close to those in the premiership, but they nevertheless put in just as many hours training and preparing for matches as those playing for Villa or ManU.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGS price has just come in quite a bit for no apparent reason... has something broken which hasn't hit here or twitter yet?

Bit of a betting noob here... but by "come in" do you mean they've gone down or gone up? :oops:

Come in means shortier odds - ie its more likley to happen.

I noticed the opposite - when i looked he was odds on - then he went out to evens - now the bookies are all reporting slightly different. His longest price is evens (1-1)

however manager betting is small market - so a few bets here and there move the odds.

OGS price has just come in quite a bit for no apparent reason... has something broken which hasn't hit here or twitter yet?

Bit of a betting noob here... but by "come in" do you mean they've gone down or gone up? :oops:

Come in means shortier odds - ie its more likley to happen.

I noticed the opposite - when i looked he was odds on - then he went out to evens - now the bookies are all reporting slightly different. His longest price is evens (1-1)

however manager betting is small market - so a few bets here and there move the odds.

Thanks.

I think Lambert's odds have come in too over the past few hours IIRC.

Paulo Di Canio (Please no)

Andre Villas-Boas (Yes)

Roberto Di Matteo (Please no)

Sven Goran Eriksson (Please no)

Who else with three letters? Quique Sanchez Flores as well, dunno.

More likely to happen... however, it would appear not much has changed... very little money in the market at the moment whilst everything is up in the air. No one wanting to commit to anything so if one person backs OGS for £20 it cleans up a lot of the odds on the back side...

That probably doesn't make much sense, but basically nothing has happened so I can stop the internet lurking.

I am frustrated, I knew AM was leaving about 2 weeks ago, or at least was 99% confident of it, but I know **** all on this and it frustrates me.

Yes - think nearly everyone on here is the same (bar a few who are not sure about OGS). But I know when it is announced - the relief will be tangible and heart from VP to Norway (and beyond). Think it is almost coming to an end.

The Trees' cryptic clue has really got me stumped.

Not saying he's here for anything Villa related, but so unsatisfying not to be able to break the code.

o Experienced manager - I'm guessing not based in the UK hence the private jet

o Jet belongs to a close contact, who I assume to be a reasonably well known figure himself, for TT to recognise him as a pal of our mystery chap

o That last letter of his name should meet with the criteria of us here on VT

- this is the really confusing bit!

Any ideas anyone???

The 'last letter' thing is something that one or two VTers should pick up on, because I have alluded, with sarcasm, to it in previous posts. Clearly my posts are only read when I have an interesting snippet :winkold:

Like Mr Lerner's private jet, the aircraft that arrived is in no way registered to the person connected with the football manager, but I know that he owns it.

As I have tantalised you, you have missed the two most salient points:

That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies............. said person is extremely busy at the moment

And if the person was available at the bookies, I would not be placing any of my money. There you go, an addition to the Sunday fun.

thetrees, not sure its been ignored, just that this thread moves so quickly things are missed.

Out of interest, you still happy with your OGS bet?

Very happy, but not from any further information, just that I think that it is further down the line than it is politically correct to let on.

From the general supporter reaction I think that the club will bust a gut to finalise things.

All my own feelings, nothing to do with being ITK, which I wasn't in the first place.

The Trees' cryptic clue has really got me stumped.

Not saying he's here for anything Villa related, but so unsatisfying not to be able to break the code.

o Experienced manager - I'm guessing not based in the UK hence the private jet

o Jet belongs to a close contact, who I assume to be a reasonably well known figure himself, for TT to recognise him as a pal of our mystery chap

o That last letter of his name should meet with the criteria of us here on VT

- this is the really confusing bit!

Any ideas anyone???

The 'last letter' thing is something that one or two VTers should pick up on, because I have alluded, with sarcasm, to it in previous posts. Clearly my posts are only read when I have an interesting snippet :winkold:

Like Mr Lerner's private jet, the aircraft that arrived is in no way registered to the person connected with the football manager, but I know that he owns it.

As I have tantalised you, you have missed the two most salient points:

That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies............. said person is extremely busy at the moment

And if the person was available at the bookies, I would not be placing any of my money. There you go, an addition to the Sunday fun.

Beckham ?

thetrees, not sure its been ignored, just that this thread moves so quickly things are missed.

Out of interest, you still happy with your OGS bet?

Very happy, but not from any further information, just that I think that it is further down the line than it is politically correct to let on.

From the general supporter reaction I think that the club will bust a gut to finalise things.

All my own feelings, nothing to do with being ITK, which I wasn't in the first place.

Cool :)

For the record, don't feel bad about what happened, you've given us all something positive to focus on, we needed it so much so thank you.

And I shall be donating to VT if it happens :)

Beckham ?

I don't think that there is anyone in the world who believes that he would make a football manager.

(Cue slagging off of Messrs Lerner and Faulkner by selected contributors) :winkold:

Another interesting development (from Aftenposten):

Molde director Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen, reaping criticism for Solskjaer handling, now has gone on vacation.

Late last night Romsdals Budstikke published the answers Ole Gunnar Solskjaer allegedly gave Molde director Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen, before he took the much-publicized trip to Birmingham.

The questions, which came from the boards of Molde Football ASA Molde FK and Røkke referred to the manager's future at the club.

The answers, which Nordstrand Jackobsen made public last night, has made a number of experts in labor law to respond.

- Can open up to walking the day (quit immediately)

- He breaks the general relationship of trust which must be between the director and employee. One can question whether he is liable to have this kind of job, a leading employment lawyers, Jan Tormod Dege, comments.

Molde's chairman, Øystein Neerland, would not comment on the allegations to the newspaper.

- I have no comment, says Neerland.

John Aage Hvardal, Codex Attorney, believes this breach of trust can open that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can break the contract with the club.

- If the employer commits a material breach of the duty of loyalty may ultimately provide the basis for the employee to terminate the employment contract and go in the day, says Hvardal to VG Nett.

In the midst of turbulence around Molde has Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen now gone on holiday abroad. The media manager at Molde, Per Liane, confirms this to TV 2 Sport .

It is planned that the club's president and athletic director shall return the 6 June. Financial director Ole Jacob Hagen Strand is deputy.

- It is strange that he goes on vacation now. It may be coincidence, but it sounds strange, TV 2 football expert Henning Berg says.

Molde official Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen, who leaked the Q&A between Molde owner Rokke and OGS last night, has gone on vacation until june 6, according to vg.no, Norways biggest tabloid.

Don´t know wether this is incredibly bad timing by him, or if the owner/board feels that he has mucked up so bad that they have to sideline him until OGS is gone.