No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

In all honesty it seems like a polite thanks, but no for Ole Gunnar. Suggesting a prelim 'chat' out of respect. Why would RL fly him and wife (supposedly) over in his jet, meet him then fly back to the U.S.A for a chat? :(

At a time when Randy is looking for a new manager and has supposedly set aside two weeks in the country in which to find said manager, he jets off home a day after arriving. I think it's more likely that it went along the lines of "will you do it?", "yes I will, just let me sort some stuff in Norway", "good stuff, I'm off back to the land of the free" otherwise why would Randolph leave?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy would not spunk $20,000 on a casual chat!!!

Its **** done and OGS has asked that he wants to stay with Molde till they find a replacement.

As Bri says, playing it down so the team (Molde) doesnt collapse over their next few days.

Done and dusted as far as im concerned.

Ole's comment that he wanted to show respect doesn't really tie in with Randy sending a jet over to collect him. I think they're playing it down.

This deserves a this.

Interesting take from someone on H&V

I don't think people should be negative. I reckon they have informally shaken hands and it'll be made official Monday. We flew him over in a private jet? The 'informal discussions' comment is probably just politics to get him threw the league game over there.

Have to say I hope that's the case.

It's exactly my take on it too. You play it down while tying up loose ends. No point whipping everyone into a frenzy and having to leave them hanging while you still have to sort everything out. Best to buy yourself some time with a dismissive 'informal chat' type thing while hoping no-one noticed that the 'respect' you showed involved them sending a private jet over for you so you could say 'maybe' in person.

Randy would not spunk $20,000 on a casual chat!!!

Its **** done and OGS has asked that he wants to stay with Molde till they find a replacement.

As Bri says, playing it down so the team (Molde) doesnt collapse over their next few days.

Done and dusted as far as im concerned.

Yep, I agree with this.

In all honesty it seems like a polite thanks, but no for Ole Gunnar. Suggesting a prelim 'chat' out of respect. Why would RL fly him and wife (supposedly) over in his jet, meet him then fly back to the U.S.A for a chat? :(

At a time when Randy is looking for a new manager and has supposedly set aside two weeks in the country in which to find said manager, he jets off home a day after arriving. I think it's more likely that it went along the lines of "will you do it?", "yes I will, just let me sort some stuff in Norway", "good stuff, I'm off back to the land of the free" otherwise why would Randolph leave?

Or he's off to interview Klinsmann over in the US .. trees where was the plane due to land in the US ? ..if it's florida then Jürgen is our man

:-)

Or he's off to interview Klinsmann over in the US .. trees where was the plane due to land in the US ? ..if it's florida then Jürgen is our man

:-)

Although Klinnsmann lives in California.....

Time to take a step back, enjoy the weekend's sport, and resume the speculation come Monday.

I think this is definitely the most sensible course of action at 5:20 on a Friday evening :nod:

This would be great imo. Has experience as a top player and knows the Premiership having played most of his career there. He also had success with Molde and is the kind of manager who will have the respect of all the players given what he's won in football.

He's also a very likable chap. This would be great.

^This seems likely too! The Gent is easily swayed.

Time coupled with patience will tell! We can conclude that it surely wasn't a 'chat' but either 'Yes I will Randy, but keep it on the down low brother, I shizzle to dizzle" or "Thanks but no Randy, I heart Norway too much, I will say we just had a little chat to save your embarrassment"

I don't wear that he has gone back.

He arrived late morning.

Mr Lerner left at 1530hrs

There has been no private jet movement back to Kristiansund.

To get back today OGS would need to get the 1730 SAS flight from Heathrow to Oslo, to connect with the last flight to Kristiansund. To make this flight he would need to leave Birmingham latest 1430, having been here less than 3 hours, and then he might not make it.

In short, he wouldn't put himself through that.

Whatever else, OGS is still here, and will not return to Norway until tomorrow at the earliest.

As BOF stated, this is being played down...

Time to take a step back, enjoy the weekend's sport, and resume the speculation come Monday.

I think this is definitely the most sensible course of action at 5:20 on a Friday evening :nod:

Agreed. But not many will follow that advice.....me included! :lol:

How can OGS tell the media it's done without sitting down with his current employer and team first? Talk about tacky! You think he'd say "yep I'm off! It's been lovely suckers!" I think the man has class and he and Randy will make a good fit.

Having said that if he's not in then Lambert will do for me. Not as exotic but he's proven he can win at this level. Either one (OGS or Lambert) will do. Up the Villa! waaay up