No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the video of him in training makes me happy...for years we have lacked someone who would shoot! Milner and Petrov aside...with a special mention to Craig Gardner too.

And no, I haven't forgotten Barry Bannan, he doesn't count, you need to hit the target first, if not, it's just wasting possession...

DER HAMMER

I keep seeing this repeated as though it's fact. Surely his strong point as a player was being able to take advantage of defenders who were knackered after 80 minutes of being battered to get into good positions, and then being a cool enough finisher to score from these good positions. I don't see how this automatically equates to tactical expertise.

If you read the piece Henry Winter wrote about OGS..

He states that Fergie instantly offered him a coaching role at Man Utd when he told him he couldn't play anymore because of a damaged knee.

Alex Ferguson is no mug...

The Telegraph

Oh I'm not doubting his coaching ability, just don't see how being a good goal poacher equals being a great tactician as is being suggested. I'm quite excited about the prospect of him taking charge in actual fact, wasn't moaning about that at all!

Fergie is no mug, the moment OGS put that goal in against Bayern he had a job for life if he wanted it!

Because.....he would read the game from the bench, see where the weaknessess were and then target that area when he came on. Hench why he was always in the right place at the right time.

Fergie says this himself. Simple!

I follow the reasoning... I just find it a little reductive. Don't all good goalscorers do this? Most of them more effectively than Solksjaer as they don't need 80 minutes watching from the sidelines first. There is surely so much more to football management than knowing where to stand to tap the ball in.

Birds flyin' high you know how I feel

Sun in the sky you know how I feel

Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel

Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me

yeah, its a new dawn its a new day its a new life for me ooooooooh

AND I'M FEELING GOOD

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel

River runnin' free you know how I feel

Blossom on the tree you know how I feel

And I'm feelin good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what i mean dont you know

Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean

Sleepin' peace when day is done that's what I mean

And this old world is a new world and a bold world for me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel

Scent of the pine you know how I feel

Your freedom is mine, and I know how I feel

(Free styling)

OH I'M FEELING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

mixed feeling on this if we get him and i think we need a experience manager in who worked in England and knows the league very well.

Solskjaer worked for Manchester United as player and reserve team coach between 1996 and 2011. I suspect he knows the league pretty well!

mixed feeling on this if we get him and i think we need a experience manager in who worked in England and knows the league very well.

Solskjaer worked for Manchester United as player and reserve team coach between 1996 and 2011. I suspect he knows the league pretty well!

He not managed a club in premi league ,that what I should have said.

Neither had Benetiz, TheSpecialOne, Wenger, Fergie before they joined Teams over here.

I've just caught up to speed with this thread from last night.

My take on the situation, it's a good appointment. Risky, yes, but also quite positive.

He clearly learned his trade from the best in the business. As other posters have said, sitting on the bench a lot meant he got to see the whole game and how to exploit specific areas when he came on, hence his goal scoring record from the bench. This can only suit him well in terms of management.

People have cited that winning the Norwegian league as not an achievement. Surely it's the same achievement as keeping Wigan and Norwich in the Premiership? In fact, to get Molde to win the Leauge at the first attempt, is akin to him getting Villa into the Champions League placings at the first attempt. Yes, Rosenborg were poor last year, but by all accounts he got Molde playing some good football, so not only did he win the league, but he won it in style.

I think, given the. Season we had under McLeish, that the fans will now be willing to give a risky manager time. We'd have given Martinez time as we knew that it would take probably 2 seasons to get the right players for the way he wants to play, and I don't see anything to suggest OGS will be any different.

After the previous appointments, this one has got me quite excited in the Villa again. Also, cracking work from TheTrees and Gazton.

Welcome Ole!

THATS HIM I RECON BOYS & JULIE!!!

Tickled me that.

Methinks we need a bit more feminine input in this forum!

Exactly, i was obviously going to put boys & girls, then i realised that your the only female that posts in this section!! :D

Neither had Rodgers or Lambert one year ago.

He is probably on par with them a year ago in experience.

The Gent ponders which manager you are preferring.....Mick McCarthy, Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishsley or Steve Bruce. Will the endless recycling of 'premier league experienced' managers ever ruddy well end. Steve Bruce goes in Steve Bruce goes out Mick McC...........