No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also reports are saying that OSG's wife is flying to VP with him.

Someone has tweeted that she is a Villa fan, which I take with a pinch of salt.

If it's true & his wife is with him then I would think "just holding talks" is possibly a little reserved from the truth of just how far this has gone.

I think people are getting mixed up. Wasnt if Fortjoff (Chelsea, Rangers and Sunderland Striker) wife/girlfriend who was a Villa fan.

I think you are mixed up. You are thinking of Tore Andre Flo. Fjortoft played for Swindon.

Flo was the person I was thinking of but wrong name popped in my head. Flo kept being linked with the Villa and we thought he would come cause his girlfriend was a villa fan.

I keep seeing this repeated as though it's fact. Surely his strong point as a player was being able to take advantage of defenders who were knackered after 80 minutes of being battered to get into good positions, and then being a cool enough finisher to score from these good positions. I don't see how this automatically equates to tactical expertise.

If you read the piece Henry Winter wrote about OGS..

He states that Fergie instantly offered him a coaching role at Man Utd when he told him he couldn't play anymore because of a damaged knee.

Alex Ferguson is no mug...

The Telegraph

Oh I'm not doubting his coaching ability, just don't see how being a good goal poacher equals being a great tactician as is being suggested. I'm quite excited about the prospect of him taking charge in actual fact, wasn't moaning about that at all!

Fergie is no mug, the moment OGS put that goal in against Bayern he had a job for life if he wanted it!

UTD mate of mine says he's just being groomed by UTD for the job free Fregie quits. Could this mean we take him for 2 seasons and he just **** off!?

2 things:

- he ain't gonna get the Man Utd job unless he does a damn good job at Villa. This would be a Good Thing for us.

- Ferguson is immortal. I suspect he drinks the blood of youth players who can't cut it at Man Utd. He could still be there for another 5 years or more, particularly if he wants to go out on a high - he won't want to leave while the club is in City's shadow.

Just on report about who got the aircraft. It was parked (as expected) in a way that the hungry observers couldn't see who got off.

I know that a local spotter/photographer marshalled the press corps (Father Abraham can confirm) and told them the best place to get a shot of the car when it left the apron. As with all limos it had darkened windows, but they may have managed to get a shot of someone.

O'Neill was **** shit and on this and other threads it's only the MON acolytes that are wailing and gnashing there teeth to continue the bullshit agricultural 70's football crying out for someone like Lambert and if this post contravenes the forum rules I don't give a shit. MON style football is shit and thats what we've engineered towards for to long and soon may it change.
Nice. So those who maybe have some worries about OGS and would prefer Lambert fall into that category?

I'm all for optimism and positivity, christ we haven't had much in the last two years. But I also prefer a bit of realism. Maybe, just maybe, this is too soon for the man. For me there were better choices and I am entitled to that opinion and to express it as such.

IF he joins us then good luck to him, he will not be able to do it on a shoestring

I'm off work today as I have a load of DIY to do and builders to watch, lets just say **** all has happend. My Fiancee is going to be pissed when she gets home! Oh well, I'm all too excited to do anything, keeping my fingers crossed it will happen soon! :D

Judging on what people are saying about how he plays, I think this is an appointment that has taken into consideration our squad. Ireland, Makoun, Bannan, Gardner, Clark, Zog, Gabby, Wiemann, Bent maybe even Delph should thrive on this way of playing. Maybe Hutton could be reborn, although I realise the guy's not a magician.

Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Heskey, perhaps lack the passing and pace required for this type of game.

Really hope he signs.

O'Neill was **** shit and on this and other threads it's only the MON acolytes that are wailing and gnashing there teeth to continue the bullshit agricultural 70's football crying out for someone like Lambert and if this post contravenes the forum rules I don't give a shit. MON style football is shit and thats what we've engineered towards for to long and soon may it change.

OK I dont disagree but MON was what we needed at the time.

Lets forget MON, Houllier and McDuck and move on.

This is a new era and exciting time. Will it come off we dont know but Pep was plucked from coaching teh B Team at Barca and didnt work out oo bad.

We are taking a gamble but in my view thats good a gamble is what is needed and with Ole at the helm you can be sure the media will be watching and following us again.

I keep seeing this repeated as though it's fact. Surely his strong point as a player was being able to take advantage of defenders who were knackered after 80 minutes of being battered to get into good positions, and then being a cool enough finisher to score from these good positions. I don't see how this automatically equates to tactical expertise.

He states that Fergie instantly offered him a coaching role at Man Utd when he told him he couldn't play anymore because of a damaged knee.

The Telegraph

Oh I'm not doubting his coaching ability, just don't see how being a good goal poacher equals being a great tactician as is being suggested. I'm quite excited about the prospect of him taking charge in actual fact, wasn't moaning about that at all!

Fergie is no mug, the moment OGS put that goal in against Bayern he had a job for life if he wanted it!

Because.....he would read the game from the bench, see where the weaknessess were and then target that area when he came on. Hench why he was always in the right place at the right time.

Fergie says this himself. Simple!

The Telegraph

Because.....he would read the game from the bench, see where the weaknessess were and then target that area when he came on. Hench why he was always in the right place at the right time.

Fergie says this himself. Simple!

Yeah that actually makes a lot of sense... he does see things no one else sees.

If Ole takes the job, Lerner/Faulkner need to back him 100%, unlike the changes that Houllier wanted to make, we now have the scope and time scale to restructure our team/club in a modern forward thinking way. If Dunne/Collins/Warnock etc don't like the new ways, then simply they have to go, Ole needs backing, and lots of it to work with this squad.