General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Does anyone else follow @mini_beest on twitter? Not sure if he is actually ITK or not but does seem legit. Been saying he's had word Lambert is 100% NOT coming to Villa. And has re-tweeted someone making out it's Poyet. That's all.

I do and he is dertainly not ITK. What he does is hangs on people's everyword that claim to be in the know. If someone told him say "I've just had a text from a mate who works at VP that Capello will be the next Villa manager" he will believe you and tweet it.

hey there guys, I'm new to the site, Brummie now working at a London airport hotel. Anyway last night a few of the lads were in this particular hotel i work at. Had a quick chat they were all glad AM has been sacked. They all said that Ranieri will be our next manager. With a director of football set up, they didn't know who that might be.

I know I'm a new poster and I'm not claiming to b ITK but i just so happened to be in contact with 3 villa players that were just about to go on hols with their girlfriends so thought i would pass this on. Up the villa.

I'm seriously doubting this but I would love Ranieri. I admit that's partially because of my fondness for Italy and Italians but he's a good manager as well and a big name.

Does anyone else follow @mini_beest on twitter? Not sure if he is actually ITK or not but does seem legit. Been saying he's had word Lambert is 100% NOT coming to Villa. And has re-tweeted someone making out it's Poyet. That's all.
I know him in real-life, kind of. He's hit and miss about things.

Ranieri's record of persistent failure would surely rule him out?? This woudl be a joke of an appointment. Yesterdays man and not even a very good one. I would rather King Kenny FFS!

So many people with their cups half empty :lol:

I feel sure that we have found a decent manager already.

Do you have any idea who that might be?

I am not an ITK guy, I just speculate like everyone else.

I just think that the club were a lot further forward with the change of manager than last Monday.

In the managements' minds McLeish was a goner a few weeks ago, and the thought process started then. I think that target has been identified, approach made and terms are now being discussed. Of course that can always break down, but I just reckon they are very close to signing.

For me, the most important thing is to sign someone that everyone can get behind.

And it will be nice to sign someone that doesn't cause 2000 people to roll up at VP and either greet in celebration, or protest against!

It'd be nice when the manager is appointed (whoever it is) Lerner actually decides to show his face at the press conference rather than flying back (yes I understand he is busy and doesn't talk to media etc.. but when was the last time he gave a proper interview to the media or showed his face on camera?) It'd be a nice change but most likely Faulkner will probably do it (though he didn't it for the last appointment)

It'd be nice when the manager is appointed (whoever it is) Lerner actually decides to show his face at the press conference rather than flying back (yes I understand he is busy and doesn't talk to media etc.. but when was the last time he gave a proper interview to the media or showed his face on camera?) It'd be a nice change but most likely Faulkner will probably do it (though he didn't it for the last appointment)

He has never done an interview, which makes him consistent from where I stand.

He is not an ego type of person and has always stayed in the background. The increased profile and public face of Faulkner is his way of acknowledging the need for increased communication in the face of supporter criticism.

But don't expect Randy Lerner to have a personality change and start giving interviews. That isn't his way, and he pays people to head up his business interests and cover all such duties.

Liverpool will not appoint a Manager over the age of 45.

It seems early front runners are Martinez and AVB but Lambert, Rodgers and Benitez will also be given an interview if interested.

These are the latest rumours doing the rounds from those supposedly in the know.

Myself, knowing the philosophy of JWH and FSG they will be attracted to managers with good records of working with and bringing thru young players like Rogers and Martinez.

And it will be nice to sign someone that doesn't cause 2000 people to roll up at VP and either greet in celebration!

Seriously?

Id be more than happy to get such a manager!

Randy has this big chance to get the support back behind him & the Club,providing he gets the right man in then it does not matter if he wants to stay in the background imo,better than being an attention seeking Chairman I reckon. The fact he is over here now gives confidence to the cause as I think he will get it right this time.

And it will be nice to sign someone that doesn't cause 2000 people to roll up at VP and either greet in celebration, or protest against!

Why don't you want someone who will be greeted in celebration by the fans?

I would take Poyet, Steve Clarke & Commolli as a management team.

Beat me too it!! As soon as I saw Clark had gone too, I thought Poyet and Clark would be an awesome combination.

They know each other, both respected, both excellent coaches.

But don't expect Randy Lerner to have a personality change and start giving interviews. That isn't his way, and he pays people to head up his business interests and cover all such duties.

Yeah I get that but it'd be nice if he did it but like you said he is consistent so fair enough.

I presume he is still in the UK? any idea for how long?

I would take Poyet, Steve Clarke & Commolli as a management team.

commolli? the guy who negotiated 35 mill for Carroll? the guy who gave us 20mill for Downing? what has he ever done to justify appearing on peoples wish lists??

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3774/the-sweeper/2012/04/21/3050407/the-sweeper-sacked-comolli-frustrated-by-liverpools-buy

'The club's former Director for Football who left Anfield earlier this month felt the Reds should have pursued foreign talent rather than homegrown youngsters preferred by Dalglish'

He wanted Juan Mata at Liverpool before chelsea bought him..Blame those signings on Kenny. Comolli was forced to sign British players. If he really had full control of Liverpool's transfer dealings, they would not have ended up with downing,carroll,adam,henderson and every other shit player thy signed.