General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I don't think we'd get AVB, but the difference between us and Chelsea is that Chelsea's "aging stars" can still be decent and have won lots of things together, where as our aging "stars" are pretty shit and need to be dropped/sold anyway.

Lambert will do for me. We need a man manager, someone in the mould of MON. Too many of our players have been getting away with bad performances since MON left and they dont seem to have any incentive to improve. Hopefully we get it all done quickly though. A manager in place within the next 10 days should be the priority so he can take a good look at the squad before the Euro's and try and improve the team before they come back for pre season....

Chelsea, like us, is a bit of a poisoned chalice. He was tasked to remove the older players and bring through a new generation of player into the squad.

Like us, he found a team with aging superstars in control and mega wages that meant they were difficult to shift.

I would live AVB, my only concern is that we are a closer task to Chelsea than anyone would care to admit. We would need the fans and the club to stick by him rather than "burn him" like Abramovich did.

there is a critical difference, our ageing highly paid players are crap and Chelsea's are Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cole....

Chelsea, like us, is a bit of a poisoned chalice. He was tasked to remove the older players and bring through a new generation of player into the squad.

Like us, he found a team with aging superstars in control and mega wages that meant they were difficult to shift.

I would live AVB, my only concern is that we are a closer task to Chelsea than anyone would care to admit. We would need the fans and the club to stick by him rather than "burn him" like Abramovich did.

there is a critical difference, our ageing highly paid players are crap and Chelsea's are Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cole....

and that makes them easier to get out the door does it?

Shit or not, big contract in place means difficulty in moving those chumps on.

Sounds like its hotting up with Randy jetting in with a target in his sights! Sounds as though there was actual preparation this time round rather than the scatter gun approach! Interesting to see Mysteryman and Father Abraham go toe-to-toe, my money would be on Mysteryman this time round. A move which would excite fans sounds interesting, I'm intrigued to watch the appointment process this time round.

Intrigued - ??? i genuinley can't get to sleep at night ! (not a cliche !!)

Mysteryman is playing hard to get....I've sent him flowers, chocs and everything. :oops:

Surely cant be MM, after the `young and vibrant' comment in the statement. Was going to ask for MYSTERYMAN to give us his opinion.. but I think his stock went downhill after he told us it wont be McLeish and is Moyes last time.. grrr..

The word 'young' was not mentioned in the statement

Where have I read that then? either way - mad mick doesn't fit either of them 2 words.. haha

Surely cant be MM, after the `young and vibrant' comment in the statement. Was going to ask for MYSTERYMAN to give us his opinion.. but I think his stock went downhill after he told us it wont be McLeish and is Moyes last time.. grrr..

The word 'young' was not mentioned in the statement

What's that? We're getting someone young and vivacious?

It doesn'rt make it much easier to get them out the door but it does make it easier to drop them or sign a better alternative.

AVB's problems started with the team and the fans when he started dropping the ageing 'stars' without anything much better to play as an alternative.

How many of Chelsea's current stars did Ranieri sign back in the early Abramavich days? I'm just thinking that he started that dynasty and wondering how many of those team of today were formed by him, just shows his ability to build a team that lasts. The more I think about Ranieri the more I think he'd be a good appointment, and his win percentages are impressive.

It doesn'rt make it much easier to get them out the door but it does make it easier to drop them or sign a better alternative.

AVB's problems started with the team and the fans when he started dropping the ageing 'stars' without anything much better to play as an alternative.

Exactly.

AVB would get a lot of support from the fans if he tried to drop the likes of Collins, Dunne and Warnock. Provided he signed some replacements, it would also improve our defence as well.

mystery man is now telling us who his man on the inside is. "lodgic tells me it could be this week" who is this lodgic you speak of...can he come on here and tell us directly what the craic is?? :)