General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Nah, don't rate Ranieri at all. Hasn't done anything of note in the past ten years.

Have we?

No and do we want that to continue?

Should we just appoint a manager who has not had any success at the seven or so clubs he's managed in the past decade?

I'd rather take a bit of a gamble on an up and coming manager who can build something at the club rather than a cheque book, journeyman manager.

Ranieri is not the answer in my opinion.

Then again I think we won't appoint a manager for another month maybe. No need to rush it, we have plenty of time.

the only reason they have sacked him is lack of season ticket sales, protests and booing at games mean nothing to these people.

People wont start to spend until we know the next manager, on that basis i think it will be a quick appointment.

Then again I think we won't appoint a manager for another month maybe. No need to rush it, we have plenty of time.

the only reason they have sacked him is lack of season ticket sales, protests and booing at games mean nothing to these people.

People wont start to spend until we know the next manager, on that basis i think it will be a quick appointment.

i'm not so sure, i know 4 or 5 fans who are renewing tommorow, simply because he's gone.

I think that there will be enormous goodwill towards the incoming manager, whoever that may be.

With the exception of Steve Bruce and, in my case at least, Martin O'Neill.

That link with Bradley looks interesting. Good manager, and puts up some pretty good looking teams from players you would not think it possible from.

Some may call it a risk, but the way he got the US playing in the last two world cups really says alot for me. Plus he is an american, which may give him some bonus with Randy.

Looking forward towards better times, and good to see Randy reacting so promptly after the end of the (dire) season.

Its inevitable we'll be linked with everyone and his dog. Hopefully, Lerner will receive better advice than the last time instead of going for the one 'most likely to lick his arse'.

Interesting to see Ranieri touting himself, but he's too old and RL does'nt need another Houllier type situation.

I reckon its down to Lambert or Martinez. FSW is still a attractive possibility for me, but he would have to be given certain financial assurances and no way is Lerner going to dig THAT deep.

I've spoken a couple of times that I have a sort of (in)direct link to the Norwich board as the other half is good friends with Michael Folger.

Another friend of hers is MF's wingman for want of a better word, but not connected to the club in an official capacity. He was however sat next to Paul Lambert at the players dinner. He says that we are definitely chasing PL but doesn't think he'll leave.

Now I've asked her to clarify if that is 'Mr. Wingman' expressing his opinion on PL not leaving, or if that is straight from the horses mouth. I will keep you posted.

FYI, the mention of Villa chasing PL was raised independently, and not in response to the question "are Aston Villa after Lambert" (if that makes sense).

FWIW I would actually prefer Martinez to Lambert as he would be more likely to attempt to overhaul the style of football that we have played for many years now, focussing on touch, movement and space whereas Lambert may pick up (tactically) where MON left off. If either brought a better degree of success over the next few years however, I'd be chuffed.

Btw, I'm far from being an ITK. The only other time I got something right was when Charles N'Zogbia agreed to meet for a drink thanks to Twitter when he was on holiday here in Dubai and pretty much confirmed he was signing.

Got a shit load of followers after that. I've subsequently gone on to disappoint each and every one of them by Tweeting next to nothing after that day!