General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I'm even hearing that we've made an illegal approach for Lambert. Can't imagine this is true with how Lerner has dealt with other dealings. Even Whelan and Leeds bloke said how professional we were and wish other clubs went about their business like AVFC.

Why are people so down on Lambert?

I actually think he fits us really well. Lambert is a good man manager, played successfully abroad so will IMO have a greater understanding of the game.

I have read that he still has good contacts in Germany which I for one would love us to exploit.

If the third man is in fact Benitez, thats who I want to be honest. I wanted Martinez, but now it's kinda funny if this time around we are the ones who rejected HIM!lol. Lambert doesnt do it for me, hope to be proved wrong though.

Why are people so down on Lambert?

I actually think he fits us really well. Lambert is a good man manager, played successfully abroad so will IMO have a greater understanding of the game.

I have read that he still has good contacts in Germany which I for one would love us to exploit.

If his name was Paulos Lambertinez and he had managed for 6 months in the Italian 3rd division he might then be exciting ;-)

I'm even hearing that we've made an illegal approach for Lambert. Can't imagine this is true with how Lerner has dealt with other dealings. Even Whelan and Leeds bloke said how professional we were and wish other clubs went about their business like AVFC.

No we haven't that's tosh... tomorrows interview is not the first time we've spoken to him or representatives neither, talks with Norwich have been under the radar that's all.

What's more some of ITK since last week comes from Norwich end NOT AVFC. :!:

I stress though no one ever said this is a done deal.... he's just in strong contention.

For me, Lambert is clearly the most sensible choice out there, OGS would have been exciting, Benitez a stong statement from the board and Martinez would have brought some good football with him.

But, if I was making the appointment, Lambert would be head and shoulders above all others.

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

If Roberto Martinez is the next AVFC manager, I will eat my shoes. #avfc #dontthinkitwillhappen

His verdict playing the percentage game is...

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

70% Lambert, 20% Rafa, 10% other.

Maybe Villa aren't 100% certain at this stage neither.

We need to scout the continent for players instead of just buying British like we have been doing for the past few years.

It doesn't matter where they come from chap as long as they are good

It does when you're on a limited budget. British players tend to be much more expensive.

Yeah we need a bit of stability at the moment. Lambert would have us challenging for top half (as he's done with a much poorer Norwich squad). Also, his football isn't as direct as people make it out to be.